2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

WalkrTexasRngr 03-31-2012 02:22 AM

Re: NASCAR thread

Im gearing up to start the long drive to Martinsville. We are leaving PA around 4 am Sunday. Google Maps says its around a 6 hour drive. Anyone else going this weekend? Anyone know any good places to eat along 81 in Virginia?

Thunderbolt 03-31-2012 07:17 AM

The McDonald's down the street from the track is delicious. MMMMmmmm.

WalkrTexasRngr 03-31-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1473496)
The McDonald's down the street from the track is delicious. MMMMmmmm.

Ill be consuming Martinsville Hotdogs by that point :smokin:

Rice_slayer 03-31-2012 07:54 AM

I really hope this weekend is better than last, Fontana was probably the worst race I have seen in awhile. Rains for 5 mins and stewart is leading, DEAR GOD CALL THE RACE!!! BS, at least edwards got a top 5 lol.

kiler be 03-31-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rice_slayer (Post 1473502)
I really hope this weekend is better than last, Fontana was probably the worst race I have seen in awhile. Rains for 5 mins and stewart is leading, DEAR GOD CALL THE RACE!!! BS, at least edwards got a top 5 lol.

It was great to sleep to. :23:
:wtf: I woke up, watched a few laps and it started to rain. So instead of watching them dry the track, I went out and washed my truck. When I finshed.......they were too. :crazy:
Anyone else miss the Darlington race that was replaced by Fontana?

Thunderbolt 03-31-2012 06:02 PM

Anymore, I only watch a handful of races depending on what track it is. Cali and Michigan are snooze tracks. Way too wide. I'd say I pretty much stick to the 1 1/2 mile tracks, and Richmond for the short track. If they go back to the racing like they had at Daytona this year, I'll start watching Daytona and Talladega again.

Rice_slayer 04-01-2012 05:05 PM

After today, David Reutamin has a new fan lol. Anyone who can cause the cry baby and cheater to crash has my support! And The Biff maintains the points lead! As an Edwards fan though, leading the points all season gets you NOTHING :(.

falcongtho3 04-01-2012 07:35 PM

BEST Green-White-checkered restart EVER!!!!

:borg:

WalkrTexasRngr 04-06-2012 09:07 PM

Martinsville kicked butt! I was kinda disappointed in Jr. He gives too much of a crap about what happens to Gordon and Johnson IMO. The second restart gave him a chance to win but Newman brake checked him on the restart and put him back two or 3 cars. I kind lost a little for Newman too.

I just picked up a scanner for Charlotte. No more listening to a fm radio. Kick *** deal too IMO. Uniden BC-95XLT Bearcat 200 channels and 800mhz capable (nice feature since some drivers are using the 800mhz range apparently). Plus it runs on 2AA batteries.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

For headsets, I have 2 pairs of Koss Race trackers with a splitter. These headsets are awesome and have a lifetime guarantee through Koss. Send them back and they either fix them or replace them as long as they're registered with them. this is nice because they take abuse going to the track.

http://www.amazon.com/Koss-Scanner-H...3760725&sr=1-2

falcongtho3 04-15-2012 07:35 AM

Good going, Greg! A great night for Biffle, and an overall good night for Ford and Roush. Hated that Ambrose ran out of gas at the end after having such a solid night. And we can only wonder how Carl would have fared if he hadn't had the pit lane problem, btu a nice come back by him as well. And a solid, quiet night for Matt to finish well.

birdman941 04-15-2012 07:54 AM

Good weekend in Texas for Roush and Ford.
Stenhouse Friday and the Biff on Sat.
Ambrose was top 10 all night until he ran out of fuel.

311-420 04-15-2012 12:30 PM

**** it was windy last night. We broke out with 70 laps left. Couldn't take the wind any more.

Thunderbolt 04-15-2012 12:58 PM

You would'nt be able to drag me away from the track until I saw the whole race, no matter what the weather conditions. The seats under the superstructure are good and bad. Good for getting out of the sun, but bad on cold days. It's like gale force winds under there.

311-420 04-15-2012 03:37 PM

Sounds like you've been to our track before. Lol

If we had been drinking it wouldn't have been an issue to stay, but we were sober and getting pelted with peoples cigarette ashes from all the wind.

Thunderbolt 04-15-2012 04:27 PM

Yeah, back in 2002. We were under the superstructure for the Busch race. On Sunday the Cup race was tropical storm conditions. We drove around the outside of the track for 3 hours until they canceled the race till the next day (getting wasted the whole time). The next day was 65 and beautiful.

I'm going to Iowa Speedway for the Nationwide race next month. Should be a great time. All the driver's rave about that track.

birdman941 04-23-2012 09:27 PM

Wow, look at all of the fans disguised as empty seats!
You asked for it, you got it, toiletta!

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nascar/dam/a...-story-top.jpg

mach460 04-28-2012 07:40 PM

Now thats the way way the National Anthem should be done by the Military.......................................... ......................

birdman941 04-28-2012 08:10 PM

Edwards takes the lead,
yet the announcer says "look, 3 toilettas in the top 5".
Sickening.

Rice_slayer 04-28-2012 10:12 PM

That was absolute Bullsh*t!!!!!!!!!!! CHEVcar showing it's true colours right there, penalize Edwards for no effing reason, that was complete crap!!!

birdman941 04-28-2012 10:14 PM

Agreed.
Even the toiletta announcers said so.
"30 Helens agree.
Carl Edward got screwed".

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EBEDBShEc1c?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EBEDBShEc1c?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Rice_slayer 04-28-2012 10:24 PM

If I didn't like the racing I would quit watching, but the anti-ford attitude from NASCAR is absolutely BS. They literally just f***ed edwards out of his first win in over a year!!!

falcongtho3 04-28-2012 10:54 PM

I'm not sure if Stewrat pulled up short or just really did a pi$$ poor job of restarting, but that was total crap! As much as I do not like Busch, at least Stewrat didn't get the win he screwed Carl out of. Glad he left the race in a foul mood, he deserved it.

Rice_slayer 04-28-2012 11:15 PM

^^ Exactly!! He gets mad at a plastic bottle?!?!? How do you think Carl felt when he clearly had a PERFECT restart? As I said, if it wasn't for the fact I like racing, I wouldn't keep watching, if they continue with this VERY obvious bias, I might stop caring, but will always cheer for the RFR cars!

Thunderbolt 04-29-2012 12:30 AM

I'm not sure what happened to Stewart on that restart, but it looked like Edwards was ahead on that restarting box. What the hell are you suppose to do when the leader botches the restart? They need to make that rule clearer, or just put the leader in front and everyone else double file in back or something.

falcongtho3 04-29-2012 07:41 AM

If Carl HAD backed off, can you imagine the sheetmetal carnage that would have ensued? He should be given an award, Stewart needs his a$$ kicked, and Hendricks teams still don't get to wear the '200 win' caps.