2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

311-420 11-06-2010 01:50 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

How 'bout the truck race last night?? That makes 7 wins out of 14 starts this season. :santa:

Now! Lets hear the reasons why someone else should have won and NASCAR is suddenly favoring the #18 team. :rolleyses

Big Ron 11-06-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1332330)
How 'bout the truck race last night?? That makes 7 wins out of 14 starts this season. :santa:

Now! Lets hear the reasons why someone else should have won and NASCAR is suddenly favoring the #18 team. :rolleyses

And 2nd in the NWS this afternoon behind Edwards. Keselowski won the Championship though.

Danica was 24th I think after starting 28th.

Big Ron :santa:

G 11-06-2010 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1332330)

I missed the truck race last night but he should not have been given the win at Talladega. It don't matter who it was or even if KB would have been in the 51 still, that was the winning truck. NASCAR has a tendency to favor the established teams ----- except Roush.

So it's really 6 won ???? and 1 stolen from another driver and given to KB. Whether you like the guy or not, if you're honest, it has to be acknowledged that he is extremely talented and willing to put his azz on the line. :cool:

311-420 11-06-2010 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 1332480)
I missed the truck race last night but he should not have been given the win at Talladega. It don't matter who it was or even if KB would have been in the 51 still, that was the winning truck. NASCAR has a tendency to favor the established teams ----- except Roush.

So it's really 6 won ???? and 1 stolen from another driver and given to KB. Whether you like the guy or not, if you're honest, it has to be acknowledged that he is extremely talented and willing to put his azz on the line. :cool:

I don't believe he was "given" the win last week, because he didn't drive his car below the line to advance his position. He was chasing his truck wrecking and two wheels went below. But I believe, from the race footage I saw, he was already a nose out when that happened and was not actually advancing as he was already in the lead. BUT, that's how I saw it. And so did the officials who believe me don't favor KB.

Now that both of our opinions have been stated regarding last week, let's talk Nationwide today. Carl Edwards, who had a better car at the end and shouldn't have had to do what he did, very clearly jumped the last restart on Kyle to win the race. When asked in his interview what he had to say about it, Carl dodged the question totally and went on about how if he "gave Kyle an inch Kyle wouldve beat us".

I believe how the race played out today is enough proof that NASCAR isn't favoring KB in any way, shape or form. It's also proof that NASCAR isn't cheating the Roush teams either. In fact, it seems they were favored today.

But in retrospect, even being the hardcore KB fan that I am, I have to give Carl Edwards props for doing everything he could to win. I like that in a driver. That's a big reason I like KB. So, good job Carl. But keep your guard up next time you're at the line wih KB on a restart. :cool:

311-420 11-07-2010 11:13 AM

What a beautiful day here in north Texas. Perfect day for racing. This day last year, KB was on his way to completing " the triple" after having won the trucks Friday and nationwide Saturday. He led over 300 of the 334 laps in sprint cup, only to run out of fuel with 3 laps to go. This year he dominated trucks again and nationwide only to get robbed on the restart of nationwide. Another year for "the triple" in Texas is gone, but we've got another great show today in sprint cup. It's sunny and cool and were getting ready to head out the door to the track. Should be a fun day! :gears:

falcongtho3 11-07-2010 07:46 PM

Kyle Busch...what a class act.

Good run by Denny, and an eye opening interlude with the two Jeffs. Good run by the Ford guys, but I'll bet Biff takes his car to Aamco for his next transmission!
This is gonna be a good run to the end of the season.

:borg:

birdman941 11-07-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1332627)
Kyle Busch...what a class act.

Good run by Denny, and an eye opening interlude with the two Jeffs. Good run by the Ford guys, but I'll bet Biff takes his car to Aamco for his next transmission!
This is gonna be a good run to the end of the season.

Agree on Kyle the baby whiner.
I saw what he did out the windshield,
nice, classy family programming.
What a low class loser.
I would have parked him for 1 year or permanenly, and immediately.
Azzclown.

311-420 11-07-2010 09:16 PM

Fingers and fists were flying ALL day. Just like every other race. Let's just ban all 43 drivers and shut the whole circuit down for a year. :concerned

kiler be 11-07-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1332662)
Fingers and fists were flying ALL day. Just like every other race. Let's just ban all 43 drivers and shut the whole circuit down for a year. :concerned

Works for me.

birdman941 11-07-2010 09:41 PM

Jeffy "Marital Misconduct" Gordon and Kyle "Diaper Boy" Busch,
2 that auto racing could do without.
Both a couple of low class whiners.

falcongtho3 11-07-2010 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1332662)

Another notch in his file of smart moves. Wonder if he's smashed any Sam Bass custom guitars lately?

Thunderbolt 11-07-2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 1332680)
Jeffy "Marital Misconduct" Gordon

Did he pull a Tiger or something?

birdman941 11-07-2010 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1332688)
Did he pull a Tiger or something?

It was either that or rumor has it fudge was involved..............

falcongtho3 11-08-2010 07:27 AM

On a more serious/bothersome note the idea that the 48 team (or any team for that matter) can go in and bring in a complete new crew to service the car during the race seems wrong. You can't do it an any other sport, who ever is on your roster is who 'plays' on your team. You can't change an engine or transmission once the race starts, or any other major part of the car, so why was the Lowes crew allowed to pack up and have the #24 crew service Jimmies car the last part of the race?

Con's Mach1 11-10-2010 10:28 AM

NASCAR has to bring back SINGLE car teams. It's getting to where you route for a 4-5 car team instead of 1 or 2 drivers. Tired of the changes, go BACKWARDS already so NASCAR can be as good as it was 25 years ago. Or, keep moving forward and let it fall off a cliff. I'm getting to the point I don't care anymore.

gvervoren 11-10-2010 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1332759)
On a more serious/bothersome note the idea that the 48 team (or any team for that matter) can go in and bring in a complete new crew to service the car during the race seems wrong. You can't do it an any other sport, who ever is on your roster is who 'plays' on your team. You can't change an engine or transmission once the race starts, or any other major part of the car, so why was the Lowes crew allowed to pack up and have the #24 crew service Jimmies car the last part of the race?

I was thinking the same thing.

Con's Mach1 11-10-2010 07:30 PM

I got a message back from M&M Mars about Kyle Bush. They told me they were sorry for Kyles action, and they've brought it to Joe Gibbs attention. And NASCAR, and another......sweep it under the rug routine. They didn't even respond about RPM, not a word. Well, it was worth a try. :blah::blah::blah:

_bones 11-12-2010 12:30 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9vJj...layer_embedded hopefully he will backflip his car onto kyle bush.

falcongtho3 11-14-2010 07:27 AM

Congrats to Carl on winning the N'Wide race yesterday and taking the pole for the Cup race. Wish this push had happened earlier in the season.

02mach1 11-14-2010 01:58 PM

Hope Carl wins today in AZ.

311-420 11-14-2010 06:23 PM

Props to Carl. Way to rep the blue oval.:smokin:

Jeez these points are close. I don't care who wins (I prefer #11) but if #48 wins...oh well. So long as #29 doesn't, I'm happy.

birdman941 11-14-2010 08:03 PM

As long as a toiletta don't win, all is good.
If ASSCAR thinks attendance and ratings are bad now,
watch wht happens if a toilet wins the crown.

02mach1 11-15-2010 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 1334667)

Good one,:23:

falcongtho3 11-15-2010 07:31 AM

I thought the second best part of the race (Carl winning was certainly the best) was seeing the Green Hornet Black Beauty being use as the honorary pace car. The gattling guns mounted on the fenders were...something. Wonder if France is considering putting them on the next COT?
The Green Hornet movie comes out in January.

bris09 11-15-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 1334667)

I'm torn on this. While I don't want to see a Toyota win (all though this is the driver's championship not the manufacture's championship) under no circumstances do I want to see Jimmy Johnson win a 5th straight championship. That makes for boring racing. You root for your guy all year just to have the same guy win in the end. :28:

Will Hamlin winning the championship drive more people from Nascar? Doubt it, people normally either pull for a driver or team not the make of car. Those who were going to leave because of Toyota have already left.