2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

QDRHRSE 02-27-2007 05:43 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

....just a side note: NASCAR is way better on TV. I went to this last race at California Speedway and it was so-so. I don't think that I would ever do it live again. My *** is still sore from the stupid bench. It was way too long and no matter where you sit you can't see the whole race. It would have been cool for 100 laps but not 250. It was supposed to be near 70 so I wore shorts and a T-shirt and it ended up being 54 with a cool wind. I was a little cold and uncomfortable. We also rode the train in which took forever and was not worth the convenience. Some of you may not get what I'm trying to say....in LA you can pay $25 and hop on a train that takes you right to the speedway. The $25 is worth it just in the price of gas and you could concievably drink all day long. However, it took so long to get home that I wish that i had driven. Anyway, there were some very good things at the race too. The concessions were great- good food! The sponsors also had some pretty cool displays.

birdman941 02-27-2007 07:02 PM

Go to Bristol or Daytona.

gvervoren 02-27-2007 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 753176)

:agree:

_bones 02-27-2007 07:26 PM

i been to tona,alt,darlington and the glen. the glen is the most fun by far the camping is like woodstock with race fuel in the air lol. neat little town with tons of racing heritage. even indy racing is great there and a lot less of a circus compared to nascar. they need to bring back f1 to ny//

Blackpony04 02-27-2007 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE (Post 753127)
....just a side note: NASCAR is way better on TV. I went to this last race at California Speedway and it was so-so. I don't think that I would ever do it live again. My *** is still sore from the stupid bench. It was way too long and no matter where you sit you can't see the whole race. It would have been cool for 100 laps but not 250. It was supposed to be near 70 so I wore shorts and a T-shirt and it ended up being 54 with a cool wind. I was a little cold and uncomfortable. We also rode the train in which took forever and was not worth the convenience. Some of you may not get what I'm trying to say....in LA you can pay $25 and hop on a train that takes you right to the speedway. The $25 is worth it just in the price of gas and you could concievably drink all day long. However, it took so long to get home that I wish that i had driven. Anyway, there were some very good things at the race too. The concessions were great- good food! The sponsors also had some pretty cool displays.

California was as boring on TV. You need to get to a real track like the rest of us have been talking about. But for you that means a serious trip to the deep South as every track west of the Mississippi is a boring cookie cutter. Talladega is an awesome track that is far more exciting in person than on TV (you have no perception of speed on TV) and tickets are always available. I just don't want you to give up on seeing another NASCAR race in person because you haven't really experienced it yet!

gvervoren 02-28-2007 09:15 PM

Also, when you go to a race, I would suggest getting a scanner. I think they are usually about $50 for the weekend if I'm not mistaken. At least that is what they used to be. It's awesome when you can hear what the driver and crew cheif are talking about. And here it word for word in real time.

xxxxMach1 03-01-2007 11:07 AM

Bleh...NASCAR the....monotonous new "sport" sweeping the nation...

I could care less how fast the cars go or how much endurance it takes to sit on your a$$ that long - its watching 5,000,000 mind-numbing laps! There is no point!

G 03-01-2007 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxxxMach1 (Post 754218)

I could care less how fast the cars go or how much endurance it takes to sit on your a$$ that long - its watching 5,000,000 mind-numbing laps! There is no point!

Make a few laps --- by yourself --- at let's say Bristol. You'll get the point!

:23:

gvervoren 03-01-2007 06:09 PM

Also, how would you hold up to riding in a car for 3-4 hours while the temperature inside can reach sometimes 130 -140 degrees in the car. Plus have to wear all the fire suits and everything besides. I bet you couldn't do it. I know I wouldn't be able to.

Blackpony04 03-01-2007 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxxxMach1 (Post 754218)

Then stay the hell out of our thread! :loser:

birdman941 03-01-2007 07:57 PM

The Bristol night race in August is da bomb!!
Wish I could be there in person!
Walking along the fence at Daytona when they are running
is pretty cool also.

02mach1 03-01-2007 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 754530)
The Bristol night race in August is da bomb!!
Wish I could be there in person!
Walking along the fence at Daytona when they are running
is pretty cool also.

It is the best!:flamedevi

3150Mach1 03-02-2007 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 753176)

Charlotte,(Lowes) is still my favorite track. Turn 4 up about 25 rows is the perfect seat to see all the action.

However I have yet been able to afford to go to Bristol.

02mach1 03-02-2007 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03Mach150BP (Post 754711)
Charlotte,(Lowes) is still my favorite track. Turn 4 up about 25 rows is the perfect seat to see all the action.

However I have yet been able to afford to go to Bristol.

I sit at turn one at Ford sitting area 6 row up.:wings:

birdman941 03-02-2007 12:51 PM

I was at Charlotte for the first night race in 92 I think it was.
The Winston "One Hot Night" as they advertised it.
The one where Davey crashed at the end and barely beat Kyle Petty.
I was seated low at the end of turn 2.

G 03-02-2007 02:01 PM

WHEN YOU LEAVE BRISTOL IT WILL BE HARD TO NOT YELL TO TALK. :23:

If you don't carry hearing protection, you will regret it. Especially in the infield. :smack:

ylopony 03-03-2007 07:45 AM

Michigan is another track that is good to watch live. If you are up in about the 20th row in any section you can see the whole track. The only trouble with Michigan is that it is a pain in the A$$ to get out of there. When we go there we just cook out and wait several hours before leaving after the race.

3150Mach1 03-03-2007 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 754810)
I was at Charlotte for the first night race in 92 I think it was.
The Winston "One Hot Night" as they advertised it.
The one where Davey crashed at the end and barely beat Kyle Petty.
I was seated low at the end of turn 2.

I was in turn 2 a few years ago. I think it sucks to have the cars coming at you down the front stretch. Turn 4 is the bomb.

3150Mach1 03-03-2007 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 755445)
Michigan is another track that is good to watch live. If you are up in about the 20th row in any section you can see the whole track. The only trouble with Michigan is that it is a pain in the A$$ to get out of there. When we go there we just cook out and wait several hours before leaving after the race.

Charlotte is the best track by far for leaving the track. We pay $20 and park right accross the street behind a Nascar stor Jeff Hammod owns. We get out right away with no waiting. NC HP does a great job.

Azure Blurr 03-03-2007 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03Mach150BP (Post 752776)
Wife said it was the hardest recorded crash into the safer barrier ever. How do they know that crap. I know it scared me to see him in the car slumped over. Toyota or not!!!!! Oh ya the only car Nascar runs that is built in America.

It sure looked as though he was knocked out, if only for a few seconds. That was a hard hit and I believe he was ko'd for a few. Scary shot they had.

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 752835)
Or S load..................

:23: Would the sensor be in the seat?

Azure Blurr 03-04-2007 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder (Post 756147)
MONTOYA SUCKS BUTT!:loser:

I did not see "the hit", but with his own teammate.........:loser: ! OH well..... What do you expect!

gvervoren 03-04-2007 08:21 PM

Montoya was more at fault but his teammate did move down though. So in my opinion, it wasn't entirly his fault. Just mostly his fault. A little impatient.

ylopony 03-04-2007 08:27 PM

In every circuit that Montoya has been in he has had a reputation of being an island to himself, someone that does not understand or care to be part of a team. Today proved it to me in Nascar. I thought it was a very agressive move to make on a TEAMMATE at that point of the race.

G 03-04-2007 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 756266)
In every circuit that Montoya has been in he has had a reputation of being an island to himself, someone that does not understand or care to be part of a team. Today proved it to me in Nascar. I thought it was a very agressive move to make on a TEAMMATE at that point of the race.

:agree: he could have passed him cleanly in a few laps. That was a silly move. It put him at odds with even his own team. :wall: