2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Mach 1 Ordering, Pricing, Production & VIN Info (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   a 10,000 mark up price? (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1317)

1mach03 11-23-2002 09:16 PM

a 10,000 mark up price?

Hi everyone get this went to a dealer ship today, the guy said they will be getting 2 mach ones next week but that they were spoken for.then he laid a big one one me he said they were marking the car up 10,000 up from the base price.can you believe it.it seems to me now that the dealers are really making a buck on this car and now im not even sure im going to get my car because i called my dealer and he said that they werent going to mark it up but that ford sent him a message that the cars werent even going to be built.go figure.it seems the only way im assured to get a car since im not even sure now that i will get one is to shop around the dealers.maybe this car aint worth all the hassle.seems now the all the salesmen want the cars and there friends so some of us are sure to get you know what.if this problem persists then i will get my 500.00 deposit back and buy the brand new vette. at least they wont give me bull.:( do i pay the price for the 40,000 or play the wait game or just get another car.april zavela the vettelady. p.s i have a corvette collectors edtion one of 6,759 made and you see them for sale all the time so i think some of these dealers are full of it.

DP-Jedi 11-23-2002 09:32 PM

Whom ever authorizes that at a dealership is the absolute scum of the earth. This past summer, I went to a car show at Brandon Ford near Tampa FL. They had a Saleen S281 Extreme with an $8000 "market adjustment" (that's what it literally said on the sticker) added to it. I got very loud with my disgust, saying how I hoped the car rotted in their show room before it sold at that price. Frigging pathetic.

69mach03 11-23-2002 09:49 PM

10,000 is a little ridiculous! :mad:

Five Oh B seemed to make it clear that his dealership would take no part in such mark-ups. Obviously this situation presents a significant opposite way of business.

MightyMach 11-23-2002 10:19 PM

1mach03 - I wouldn't consider paying that much over list, especially at this early date. Check out some of the other emails on this forum, like the two Mach's available in Idaho a few days ago. Call and see if you can buy one of those cars, and with the thousands of dollars you save, even after plane tickets, travel expenses, etc. - take a NICE vacation with the all money you'll save. Or better yet, apply it to the car.
Good luck!

Tanklawyer 11-23-2002 10:38 PM

That's outrageous, especially when you consider that there are any number of dealerships that sell Cobras at the MSRP (including the one where I have my Mach, and a Cobra, on order).

1mach03 11-24-2002 02:19 AM

Hi this is april zavela the vettelady,i called another dealer ship after posting the message on what that other dealer was going to do and that was a markup on the mach one mustang up by $10.000 dollars.this guyat the other dealership said to me that they were getting 10 of them in january with only one being spoken for.he assured me of this.he also said that in no way were they going to mark it up as they do not allow that.so i think im in luck to get my car.say a prayer for me.the other dealer i was dealing with said they got a message from ford saying they may not even build them.it seems they dont even know whats going on.so to those who are unsure keep trying dont give up untill they say there are no more.its just funny the different remarks you get from the dealers.i feel as thuogh the cars we ordered and put a deposit on can be taken from us so easily.wheres the security feeling for us.and another thing is that some of the dealers are getting the cars and they dont belong to anyone what about ours?april zavela the vettelady.

Tioga 11-24-2002 06:46 AM

Info inconsistency

Many of us experienced similar dealer info. The truth is they don't have all the answers and sometimes try to talk like they do, and sometimes they give the buyer erroneous information. Friday I had a dealer(not my dealer) correct me on what options were avaiible, he said Ford is NOT making M1's with automatic trans. I just chuckled and said whatever, as Ive ordered a 5speed anyway. The bottomline is those of us without vins are really in the dark as to if we will get a Mach, and just have to wait it out. :mad:

Hang in there your not alone!