2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Mustangs Parts For Sale/Wanted (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   ABS Pump Delete Brake Manifold (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53186)

MACHYOUNG 10-28-2007 02:07 AM

Re: ABS Pump Delete Brake Manifold

OK Phil, I'm in the market for one. With the 9" install went the ABS sensors and rings. May as well ditch 8+ lbs off the front of the car. Please let me know! Thanks.
Robert

Phil 10-28-2007 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MACHYOUNG (Post 882726)
OK Phil, I'm in the market for one. With the 9" install went the ABS sensors and rings. May as well ditch 8+ lbs off the front of the car. Please let me know! Thanks.
Robert

Rob,

OK, I'll contact you by PM! I don't have any made up now, I will have to purchase some T-6061 stock.

4-v mach 10-28-2007 10:42 AM

hey phil,

i cetrainly want one for my mach...im just trying to find some spare time to take pics of that 96 cobra pump for you too...thanks!

Phil 10-28-2007 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4-v mach (Post 882793)
hey phil,

i cetrainly want one for my mach...im just trying to find some spare time to take pics of that 96 cobra pump for you too...thanks!

Mark,

OK, I'm planning on making a few next weekend. I will be sending you a PM with my info.

Phil 11-02-2007 05:15 PM

If anyone else wants one of these ABS delete manifolds,please let me know tonight/tomorrow morning. I'm going to be maching a few this weekend.

Phil 11-02-2007 05:16 PM

If anyone else wants one of these ABS delete manifolds, please let me know tonight/tomorrow morning. I'm going to be maching a few this weekend.

4-v mach 11-02-2007 11:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Phil, Here are some pics of the 96 Cobra ABS Unit. If you get some time, could you make a delete for this setup for my friend? Thanks! I'll send you paypal for mine tomorrow after I get off work. Thanks again, Mark

Phil 11-03-2007 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4-v mach (Post 886495)
Phil, Here are some pics of the 96 Cobra ABS Unit. If you get some time, could you make a delete for this setup for my friend? Thanks! I'll send you paypal for mine tomorrow after I get off work. Thanks again, Mark

Thanks for the pics, but I'm going to wait before making one until I can find out what threads those lines are. I actually need to get a junk ABS from a 96 if at all possible. I was talking with some people and Ford may have changed the thread sizes in 98 to current for the brake line connections to ABS.

Also, ask your buddy to let me know which lines are what. There sould be markings inscribed on the ABS pump as to which lines are from front/rear master cylinder. Then left/right front & left/right rear lines. I can see RR on the top view next to the black line, I need to know all the markings at each connection. Please ask him if he can take very close up shots of top & bottom where the line connect. Thanks!

Phil 12-07-2007 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF_stang (Post 882146)
Is there any way that you could design one for the 96-98 Cobras? I know my 96's is different from my roomate's Mach 1. unfortanetly.

Yes, I need to find a junker ABS for those year snakes.

Phil 12-07-2007 03:48 PM

Quote:

I see 5 lines, I'm figuring the 2 larger black lines are from the master cylinder. However, I only see 3 smaller out going lines. Does the rear brake line start out from the ABS pump as a single line, to a junction spliting into 2 lines?

99-04 Mustang has 2 master cylinder in coming lines, 2 rear out line, 2 front out lines.

Phil 12-09-2007 10:44 AM

I have 2 ABS delete manifolds left over from the batch that I recently made.

Phil 12-09-2007 07:05 PM

4 Attachment(s)
New pics of the manifold: Either black lettering or plain. I just use a black magic marker to fill in the punch markings, then wipe off with a cleaner.

4-v mach 12-10-2007 01:59 PM

just got mine today!!! wow it is soooooo small. everyone with a race car should have this!!!!!!! thanks phil

Phil 12-10-2007 04:01 PM

I sold the last two today. I will plan on making another batch of 5-7 manifolds this weekend. I ordered the 6061 aluminum stock and it will be in Thursday.

Phil 12-10-2007 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4-v mach (Post 911151)
just got mine today!!! wow it is soooooo small. everyone with a race car should have this!!!!!!! thanks phil

I'm glad you got it. Just make sure you put a small amount of anti-seize on the brake line threads. I now have the proper metal punch/stamps for MC1 & MC2.

Phil 12-10-2007 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder (Post 911170)
Works great too!:eyebrows:

Thanks Col.!

Bullitt5094 12-10-2007 05:57 PM

I did this mod with a LOT of research using fittings because I couldn't find anyone making this manifold. I HIGHLY recommend buying the manifold as opposed to what I had to do. As usual, as soon as I mod something, something better comes along...

There is no way to turn off the ABS light according to Jerry W. other than physically disconnecting it in the dash. Between it and my PATS light, I now have a pretty active display going. :wall:

Someone posted they had 31 spline axles and that eliminated the ABS exciters. My 31 Mosers have the exciters in place and the ABS worked until I removed the pump. I actually transplanted the exciters from my 28 spline stock axles. You have to have a press and be very careful, but it can be done.

Here's a link to my project which may also help some with the manifold install http://www.bullseyetechnology.net/ABSentABS.htm I know if I factor in the time spent installing the fittings, changing the one line and so on, it cost more to do it with individual fittings and the block looks much cleaner. I may even go back and install the block at some point to clean my install up, but with the new 4V motor going into the Bullitt and the documentation for the related magazine article happening right now, I'm a little strapped on non-essential spending :OUCH:

Phil 12-10-2007 06:25 PM

Thank You for the post!

Bullitt5094 12-10-2007 07:06 PM

You're welcome. Looks like a high quality product. Stash one away for me. :3:

Phil 12-11-2007 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullitt5094 (Post 911386)
You're welcome. Looks like a high quality product. Stash one away for me. :3:

Thanks! I will do that!

Phil 01-13-2008 02:42 PM

Quote:

After taking apart the 96 Cobra ABS unit you sent, I can make an ABS delete manifold for 94-97 Mustang. The ports are the same as the 99-04 units using M12x1 and M10x1 threads. I send you a PM.

I found out the 98 units are unique to that year only. You can not interchange a 98 ABS unit with 94-97 or with 99-04.

Phil 02-07-2008 03:26 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics of a 94-97 ABS delete manifold I made. The set screw on the side, is because an 1/8" port has to be drilled to connect both front brakes from the single front master cylinder line. I have not stamped the manifold yet to match the original ABS pump, for proper brake line installation.

98 ABS delete manifold (unique) is the same as 99-04, except only one rear brake port is needed.

BADK03dsg 02-10-2008 06:44 PM

Phil,
do you have any 03-04 deletes left , I need 1 . Thanks:worship:

Phil 02-11-2008 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADK03dsg (Post 949142)
Phil,
do you have any 03-04 deletes left , I need 1 . Thanks:worship:

I can have one machined & in the mail by the end of this week.

$95 shipped. Here is my PayPal account: pbastian@adelphia.net

Thanks!