2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

shadowmaker 04-14-2013 10:29 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 1542890)
Sad to hear some guy shot himself in the head in the infield towards the end of the race over an argument.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar...1--nascar.html

I say :bs: He had more issues besides an "argument" if he shot himself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1542903)
That's just so ironic that it happened at the NRA 500. When you camp in the infield, your vehicle, camper or RV is'nt searched at all. You just hand the guy your infield tickets and they wave you through. I've never seen any kind of violence or known anyone that ever got ripped off when they've camped at a Nascar race. It's just a huge party and everyone seems to get along.

I parked cars for probably 15 yrs and have been in Martinsville my whole life. I also worked at a Pool Hall right behind the track and it had more than its share of race fan drunks. Especially, since the pool hall didnt close "UNTIL". Sometimes that was 3 am, sometimes that was 8 am the next morning. And as long as your 'favorite beverage' was in dixie cup or a drink can, you were ok. Bc we didnt know what you had. :OUCH::3b: For the most part, everyone was there to have a good time and thats what they did.

With that many people, yes there was/are some incidents but nothing major. Most people like you said just want to have a good time. And are like one big family.

Thunderbolt 04-15-2013 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowmaker (Post 1542909)
I say :bs: He had more issues besides an "argument" if he shot himself.

Of course he had more issues than that. Were talking Texas here. He lost his wife, his best hound dog, his favorite truck, and Toyota winning that race put him over the edge.

not a gt 04-15-2013 06:12 AM

So what happens to Truex's second place finish for not passing post tech inspection? I always thought it sucks in Nascar you can have a violation like that, but they take some points and you keep your place, think you should be dead last, shock rebounding or not, my humble opinion!

311-420 04-15-2013 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big ron (Post 1542864)
for some reason, i just knew you'd come in dancing with a broom!

I was pleased to see the interstate batteries paint scheme.

I didn't watch the entire race, but everytime i checked in they were having commercials :ouch:. Just glad that the #24 didn't win.

Big ron :claus:

:claus:

Thunderbolt 04-21-2013 02:32 PM

Get out the broom------to clean up what's left of Kyle's car.

311-420 04-22-2013 12:37 PM

You am funnay !! :??:

not a gt 04-22-2013 12:50 PM

Freakin Matt Kenseth leaves Ford and wins at Kansas, I don't want to see him get crap, instead of a trophy, he can come get the hundreds of dollars worth of #17 stuff I have, at least when it came to a high dollar jacket, went genric with Ford Racing just in case.

Thunderbolt 04-22-2013 04:00 PM

That's what sucks about a driver, or say a player in the NFL. You never know where they'll be from year to year. All I have is a Dale Jarrett #88 UPS clock I got for free, and for an NFL jersey I just got a #66 Steelers jersey because no one famous is that number. It's just the year I was born.

Thunderbolt 04-24-2013 03:49 PM

Kenseth team gets absolutely slammed by Nascar for 1 connecting rod that was lighter than the others. You'll never see Hendrick's get nailed like that.

falcongtho3 04-25-2013 07:37 AM

Tough break for Matt &Co.
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...of-kansas.html

:borg:

311-420 04-25-2013 09:52 AM

Not to take away from the connecting rod controversy, but does anyone remember when KB intentionally wrecked Ron Hornaday under caution? Nascar fined him, docked points and suspended him for the rest of the year. Last weekend Ron Hornaday did the exact same thing to Wallace Jr under caution. No suspension. Wtf is that about? :OUCH:

Thunderbolt 04-25-2013 04:12 PM

I heard about that from a guy at work, but I never watch a Nationwide or truck race unless I'm actually at the race. Just like always, it depends on who you are.

gvervoren 04-25-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1544575)
Not to take away from the connecting rod controversy, but does anyone remember when KB intentionally wrecked Ron Hornaday under caution? Nascar fined him, docked points and suspended him for the rest of the year. Last weekend Ron Hornaday did the exact same thing to Wallace Jr under caution. No suspension. Wtf is that about? :OUCH:

I think that had to do with the history of Kyle's behavior in the past. I'm not saying that's right for them to do that but I do believe that is why he was penalized so much.

Thunderbolt 04-28-2013 03:19 AM

That was some good moves by Harvick to win it. I thought they were crazy for pitting. I just thought they'd stay out and just see who wins. Harvick still had fresher tires than Montoya before pitting.

WalkrTexasRngr 04-28-2013 10:21 AM

Indeed. I woke my wife up cheering. She was not happy with me:D I figured since he has sitting 7th he was done but the bottom line is king on restarts at Richmond. Hopefully he repeats in the fall. We have tickets.

Thunderbolt 05-18-2013 07:37 PM

Can we get a pic of Stenhouse and Danica Patrick together? She's 30, and he looks like he's 14.

Thunderbolt 05-26-2013 08:11 PM

Black Sabbath "Sabotage".

falcongtho3 05-26-2013 08:20 PM

Strangest reason for a red flag I've ever seen!?!

Big Ron 05-26-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1548683)
Strangest reason for a red flag I've ever seen!?!

A long night just got longer. Can you spell V-C-R?

Big Ron

falcongtho3 06-16-2013 05:14 PM

Happy to see Greg win. Happy to see Ford get its 1000th NASCAR victory. Happy to see JJ smack the wall, Jr. blow up, Jeffy get pinged and Casey go out. All in all, not a bad NASCAR day.

not a gt 06-16-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1551109)
Happy to see Greg win. Happy to see Ford get its 1000th NASCAR victory. Happy to see JJ smack the wall, Jr. blow up, Jeffy get pinged and Casey go out. All in all, not a bad NASCAR day.

You said it all freakin perfect :thumbsup:

not a gt 06-17-2013 06:31 PM

I am overjoyed being a blueoval loyal driver and fan. Greg Biffle gave Ford a milestone victory fittingly right down the road from company headquarters. Michigan International speedway was the backdrop for Ford's 1,000th victory across the Cup, Nationwide and Truck Series. What a great race and what a great day for Ford. Congrats to Mr. Jamie Allison, director of Ford's Racing Program (yea, I am that into it as a Ford Fanatic), and here's to another 1,000 more!!!!
PS: Best part of the day: Little E blows motor and Jimmie"You suck"Johnson smacking the wall!!!

falcongtho3 06-17-2013 08:38 PM

You missed the part where the interviewer was talking to Kyle Busch and called him Kasey Kahne by mistake. Pretty d@mn funny!

gvervoren 06-17-2013 09:36 PM

I didn't catch that either.

Thunderbolt 07-06-2013 07:48 PM

That's the worst "Start Your Engines" I've ever heard in my life. The crowd should have thrown M-80's at them.