2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   College Football back in full swing! (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=69377)

MattN03 10-27-2007 08:21 PM

Re: College Football back in full swing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 882552)
Florida;lost.
Kentucky;lost.
This is gong to be another wild and wacky football weekend. Glad we're off this weekend!
Can't wait until the OS/PS game...
:borg:

We went to the UK/MSU game-our first game ever @ UK. What a bummer, it's like our guys didn't even show up to play. :anger:

falcongtho3 10-27-2007 09:11 PM

They certainly showed up for the game against us!
I see that S Fla. lost and Tenn. is having its way (so far) with SC.

I'd rather face SC in Atlanta than I would Fla., but if they both have losses today, I believe SC will still be in command of its division.

What a weird weekend...and it ain't over yet...

And I believe USC put another in the loss column today as well...

we3hokies 10-27-2007 11:48 PM

Just want to send out a big thank you to UVA for losing to nc state. Makes the loss by my chokies a little more easy to stomach. Hopefully we will have tyrod and vince hall back for our next game.

CompOrange 10-28-2007 01:14 AM

Can anyone say ASU:OUCH:

falcongtho3 10-28-2007 08:11 AM

That Tenn./SC game was tough! No telling who we'll be playing in the SEC championship now. Even Miss. St. is one win away from bowl eligibility! Whoda' thunk it?

we3hokies 11-02-2007 09:22 AM

Go HOKIES. came back from a tough loss to BC last week. Our offense actually showed some life last night. Hopefully we will get a rematch with BC in the acc championship game. Wouldnt mind a weekend in jacksonsville.

Shake&Bake 11-02-2007 03:12 PM

Congrats to you we3hokies .....
Chan Gailey has got to go. Pathetic showing by the Jackets last night. Glennon was sharp in his homemade jersey. How can you not be aware of the onside kick when playing against y'all. Good luck to you guy's the rest of the way.

we3hokies 11-02-2007 10:39 PM

Thanks, I thought your defense would kill us w/ the blitz like they did last year at Lane. I heard your coach was on the hot seat. Any rumors to who GaTech is going to go after?

beerformeplz 11-03-2007 07:02 PM

Wow, 20-17 at halftime! Roll Tide!

rickthestick 11-03-2007 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerformeplz (Post 886800)
Wow, 20-17 at halftime! Roll Tide!

34-27 in Q4....:claus:

beerformeplz 11-03-2007 09:00 PM

I cant figure out why LSU got away from the run. Hester was going off in the first half.

falcongtho3 11-03-2007 09:04 PM

Makes no sense to me, either. I can't say LSU deserves to win this one. They've tried every way to give it away (shades of the Saints of old). I didn't think it was possible to commit so many penalties in one game. The stats all point to a dominant LSU team, but the turn overs and penalties are just flat out self destructive...

rickthestick 11-03-2007 09:09 PM

34-34 now

beerformeplz 11-03-2007 09:13 PM

Our QB is HORRIBLE, this will be three games hes fumbled and cost us the game.

rickthestick 11-03-2007 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerformeplz (Post 886857)
Our QB is HORRIBLE, this will be three games hes fumbled and cost us the game.

ooops...:claus:

falcongtho3 11-03-2007 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickthestick (Post 886843)
34-27 in Q4....:claus:

Correction 41-34 at the end of Q4, thank you very much. LSU has the 41, if you weren't sure...

And you're welcome...Coach SATAN

beerformeplz 11-03-2007 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 886860)

And you're welcome...Coach SATAN

I think you should thank John Parker Wilson.

falcongtho3 11-03-2007 10:28 PM

Naah...I, and by 'I' mean the entire LSU ban base, don't have any issues with JPW. He's probably a very nice person, a capable leader, and I sincerely hope that he has a bright and prosperous future in whatever endeavours he choses for his future, be it in football or whatever carrer he finds himself. Satan, on the other hand, has grown up making choices that have pretty much put him on the 'Go To He!!' list of everyone who follows the purple and gold (that's us), and most probably in addition, football fans in Miami as well. I don't know how it played in the media where you're at, but here our newspaper even ran a picture of Nickey boy with horns drawn on his photo, as well as the ususal things that kids do to a newspaper photo. Now do you get the level of 'dislike' we have of him? No? OK, then wait until he finds a way to screw over the 'Bama faithful...then give us a call...

beerformeplz 11-03-2007 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 886902)
Naah...I, and by 'I' mean the entire LSU ban base, don't have any issues with JPW. He's probably a very nice person, a capable leader, and I sincerely hope that he has a bright and prosperous future in whatever endeavours he choses for his future, be it in football or whatever carrer he finds himself. Satan, on the other hand, has grown up making choices that have pretty much put him on the 'Go To He!!' list of everyone who follows the purple and gold (that's us), and most probably in addition, football fans in Miami as well. I don't know how it played in the media where you're at, but here our newspaper even ran a picture of Nickey boy with horns drawn on his photo, as well as the ususal things that kids do to a newspaper photo. Now do you get the level of 'dislike' we have of him? No? OK, then wait until he finds a way to screw over the 'Bama faithful...then give us a call...

How did he screw over LSU?

LNCHBOX 11-04-2007 05:28 AM

He left us like a money grubbing whore. He's about the all might dollar, he doesn't care who he's playing for. You'll find out soon enough. Yall can keep him though. I'll take Les Miles and three 10 win seasons in a row over Saban anyday.

falcongtho3 11-04-2007 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerformeplz (Post 886932)
How did he screw over LSU?

Try this:
"I'm not leaving,
I'm not leaving,
I'm not leaving,
Bye!
and Merry christmas"

That's the short of it. I'm sure you'll get the brunt of a Satan bail-out in the next two or three years. Then post up what a jerk he is...I'll wait.

To put it in a different perspective: What if Satan left 'Bama next year, only to return after a year...and coached Auburn? How would that feel?

Now we have to be 'happy' with being #2 after BCs loss. I hate being #2...it's been nothing but a dead-on target all year. But...I gues it's better than being #3.

HotRod 11-04-2007 08:59 AM

Man, if the Gators played every game with the same intensity as they did yesterday......:anger: :23:

falcongtho3 11-04-2007 09:29 AM

Gators looked good, Fl.State looked good, USC looked good...lotsa great top 25 football...unless you're a BC fan...

beerformeplz 11-04-2007 10:43 AM

Theres any loyalty left in sports. Look at the pros, it had to effect college ball eventually. Then only paid people are coaches. Look at the Dolphins now,I dont blame him for wanting out. If you think that mess in Miami is just because Saban left your wrong. Its going to always be about the mighty dollar and who pays the most.

falcongtho3 11-04-2007 10:58 AM

I understand about the $ thing, but don't think he wasn't well compensated for his time here. He got himself into that Miami mess...then he got out, in just as ugly a way as he left out of here. I'm sure Miami wrote a big check to him. Enjoy your time with Satan, we've got Les Miles...and he went home with the game ball last night. The rest of us went home with a smile...

(The game ball was presented to Miles by Jacob Hester. If you want to see an all around ball player...this is the guy. Hate to lose him next year, but some pro team is going to get a great player.)

The cartoon in the paper here was of a group of Tigers pulling down a Saban statue...a'la Saddam Husseins statue coming down. Now do you believe there is no love for him here?