2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

Azure Blurr 04-12-2008 09:12 AM

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 979508)
Newman takes the pole (but not like Jimmie and Jeff take a pole), we have a driver racing on drugs, and Kyle Petty fails to qualify. Just another week in NASCAR, I guess...

Edwards for another win, with Mark in second, Biffle third!

:borg:

Who got popped for drugs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 979579)
I confussed by Tony Stewart being for the drug testing. :confused:

He looks like somebody who has the munchies way too often. :smokin:

:33: That dude is firing it up! Would explain his mood swings. Jeff could be the poster boy for Nascars be clean scene. Jimmy looks like a snorter. Jr. probably burning 'em to. Kyle is an old school acid hitter and is probably burning one when he does his charity rides.

dcpatters 04-12-2008 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rustangin (Post 979904)
I don't like where Nascar is going either but atleast my boy Carl is kicking some tail this year. I feel another backflip coming on in Phoenix tonight!

Carl is carrying the Roush and Ford banner this year!!

I guess the one and two man teams no longer have a chance in today's NASCAR. Take a look at Yates, can't even find sponsorship for the 38.:frown: Petty too!!! And don't get me started on the Car or Tomorrow, COT, or Car of Today. :wtf: Whoever coined that phrase should be castrated.

Anyway, hopefully the 99 can bring another victory for Ford.

falcongtho3 04-12-2008 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure Blurr (Post 979906)
Who got popped for drugs?

A Nationwide/Truck series driver named Aaron Fike. He was busted for doing coke in a parkign lot, and then admited to doing heroin the day of a race! This has shaken up a lot of racers...and a lot of fans as well...

Azure Blurr 04-12-2008 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 980140)
A Nationwide/Truck series driver named Aaron Fike. He was busted for doing coke in a parkign lot, and then admited to doing heroin the day of a race! This has shaken up a lot of racers...and a lot of fans as well...

Just caught a bit of this in the Pre-race show. Seems ever couple of years somebodies gotta go to rehab. :help:

dcpatters 04-12-2008 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 980140)

Jeeez, another Shane Hmiel. I wonder how big of a problem it is? I guess that's the one facet NASCAR cannot control.

Thunderbolt 04-12-2008 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpatters (Post 980177)
Jeeez, another Shane Hmiel. I wonder how big of a problem it is? I guess that's the one facet NASCAR cannot control.

Yeah, they can. If pro golfers are getting piss tested, you can bet sooner or later Nascar will be doing the same thing. Who wants to be next to someone whacked on a heroin high.

Azure Blurr 04-12-2008 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 980185)
Yeah, they can. If pro golfers are getting piss tested, you can bet sooner or later Nascar will be doing the same thing. Who wants to be next to someone whacked on a heroin high.

Wheres your spirit of adventure? :MADNOEL:

Azure Blurr 04-13-2008 12:22 AM

:wtf: Jimmie goes slower and wins. :notsure:

G 04-13-2008 12:30 AM

I would have loved to see MM win but at least it was exciting at the end. Great night for Bobby Labonte finishing so well with a sick motor. Carl and Biff did ok too.

ylopony 04-13-2008 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure Blurr (Post 980244)
:wtf: Jimmie goes slower and wins. :notsure:

It's called great driver, great crew chief, and one heck of a gamble. Way to go team Hendricks. :HOPPY:

Here's one for you Gordon haters. What is even more impressive than Gordons 81 wins(sixth all time and only 3 away from being third on the list) is his involvement with the Make a Wish Foundation. I had no idea that he has granted over 200 requests from potentially terminally ill children since his involvement with the Foundation in 1995. Hate him you do, but that is impressive.

G 04-13-2008 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 980252)
It's called great driver, great crew chief, and one heck of a gamble. Way to go team Hendricks. :HOPPY:

Here's one for you Gordon haters. What is even more impressive than Gordons 81 wins(sixth all time and only 3 away from being third on the list) is his involvement with the Make a Wish Foundation. I had no idea that he has granted over 200 requests from potentially terminally ill children since his involvement with the Foundation in 1995. Hate him you do, but that is impressive.

I'm just one man but I don't hate jeffy. He's not my type of race car driver but he is clearly talented. He has done many good works over the years and should be given his due.

It's the nature of NASCAR that the favorite to win is often thought of as the bad guy. DW was hated worse than jeffy until Dale Sr nearly killed him and Rusty spun him out blatently. Then it eased up some. :27:

So I think the best thing for jeffy would be for somebody to put him in the wall hard a couple of times and spin him out on the last lap while leading a few times after that. It would really be for the best. :devil:

Azure Blurr 04-13-2008 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 980261)
So I think the best thing for jeffy would be for somebody to put him in the wall hard a couple of times and spin him out on the last lap while leading a few times after that. It would really be for the best. :devil:

Those were the good ole days! Loved to see those last lap "oops" and someone goes for a ride. :smokin:

falcongtho3 04-13-2008 08:13 AM

Quote:

That's a great cause, and I applaude him for his involvement with it.
That said...it was really mean of him to give Matt Kenseth his car from last week. There's no way that clunker could have been anything else. Those are the two worst car I've ever seen on a track, ever!
I guess Jimmie has lost races he shoudl have won, now he's won a race he should have lost.
Good runs for the Biff and Edwards (except for that pit road gaff).
Can't wait to see 'Dega in two weeks...

dcpatters 04-13-2008 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 980185)
Yeah, they can. If pro golfers are getting piss tested, you can bet sooner or later Nascar will be doing the same thing.

I wonder if NASCAR wants the publicity of drug testing the drivers? The truth is out there......

I take your point of who wants to get whacked by some doped driver behind the wheel. Only time will tell.

03mach69mach 04-13-2008 07:15 PM

Quote:

It's not like those Michael Jackson Make A Wish requests was it?:3amin:

Rustangin 04-13-2008 07:39 PM

[QUOTE=ylopony;980252] Way to go team Hendricks. :QUOTE]

Anyone else just hate to see someone on a Ford Website cheering for a Chevy?......I know I do:butt:

falcongtho3 04-13-2008 07:41 PM

Yeah, but he's pretty cool about it, and he alredy knows that he's going to catch flak anythime the Chevys lose, and an unbreakable wall on the rare occasion they win...

ylopony 04-13-2008 07:50 PM

[QUOTE=Rustangin;980513]
Quote:

Way to go team Hendricks. :QUOTE]

Anyone else just hate to see someone on a Ford Website cheering for a Chevy?......I know I do:butt:

I can understand your opinion. I've mentioned before that I don't cheer for a manufacturer. Well, ok that is not quite true. I hate Toyota. I follow the drivers. Well ok that is not quite true either. When Jarrett went to Toyota that was it for me.

If Gordon, Johnson, Earnhardt, Edwards, or Kenseth(in that order of favoritism) went to a Toyota that would be it for me.

As for a fan of Ford. I own a Mustang, Lincoln MKZ, and the wife drives a Chevy Malibu SS. I'm a fan of American auto companies. If it's Toyota, Honda, Lexus, Infinity, Acura, Hyundai and etc I want nothing to do with it. I won't drive it. I won't buy it. And it won't park in my driveway either.

But as mentioned already, I try to be in good taste here and know that I'm going to get a real ball busting for being a fan of the Hendricks camp. :)

Azure Blurr 04-13-2008 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 980520)
But as mentioned already, I try to be in good taste here and know that I'm going to get a real ball busting for being a fan of the Hendricks camp. :)

We love you for it to. :CHEERS:

ylopony 04-13-2008 07:57 PM

Sorry about this one as well.

ylopony 04-13-2008 07:58 PM

Sorry for the double post. I have no idea how to do the multi quote. LOL

falcongtho3 04-13-2008 08:05 PM

Don't worry, Helton has announced the new NASCAR drug testing policy, and it will include fans. Since you've been double posting, it's obvious that you're posting under the influence ( P.U.I. ), so we're going to nominate you for the first round of PUI testing as a representative of the Registry.

pic18 04-13-2008 08:09 PM

I'm a huge Bobby Labonte fan. I'm hoping he'll make the jump to RCR, and revive his career like Jeff Burton has. He's the only guy I like so much that I'd still root for in a Toyota, if he ever went that direction. However, I wouldn't buy anymore of his souveneirs.

ylopony 04-13-2008 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 980529)
Don't worry, Helton has announced the new NASCAR drug testing policy, and it will include fans. Since you've been double posting, it's obvious that you're posting under the influence ( P.U.I. ), so we're going to nominate you for the first round of PUI testing as a representative of the Registry.

I will admit I've had a few of the barley and hops in liquid form this evening. :23:

Here's something that I forgot to ask. Did all of you get stuck watching the Redsox/Yankee's game when they should have been televising the pre race and start of the race. I missed the first 3 laps because of this. I love baseball but I don't give a rats AZZ about these two teams in the monthy of April. Perhaps September but not now. No offense to you fans of these teams.