2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

ylopony 03-03-2008 10:15 AM

Re: NASCAR thread

Hmmm Roush Racing with a Nascar violation. I wonder what the forum would be like if it were from the Hendricks camp. Oh wait, I think I can find some of the responses from last year. :23:

02mach1 03-03-2008 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03mach69mach (Post 959412)
I beg to differ. As a long time Mark Martin fan, when you tell your fans for a year that you are retiring and plan to stay on with the same owner/manufacturer to run the trucks, then bolt to a Chebby, that's not my definition of class. Prior to that act of treason, he was the best. My opinion of him is kind of like the guy who's wife ran off with the next door neighbor. When he sucks, I'm glad he's gone, when he does well I get begin to really dislike him. All you Jr. fans know a little about what it's like, except he stayed in the same manufacturer's car. Imagine he went to Toyota & that would be about the same.

Ask me about my thoughts about Bill Elliott & Dale Jarrett !!:3amin:

Don't worry, I will get over it, but I don't have to like it!!

Un Mark Bill Elliott is with Wood brothers has part time driver that's a Ford race team and Dale Jarrett has two more races then he's going back to his Ford Dealership to run it and work for ESPN to.:wings:

falcongtho3 03-03-2008 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 959444)
Hmmm Roush Racing with a Nascar violation. I wonder what the forum would be like if it were from the Hendricks camp. Oh wait, I think I can find some of the responses from last year. :23:

Umm...how's this? :butt:

I did post it up, and it looks like the same issues plagued a number of the Nationwide cars as well. I doubt he'll see his crew chief suspended or a mega-fine (for further reference see: Hendrick Racing, 2007 Racing season)

:borg:

ylopony 03-03-2008 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 959721)
Umm...how's this? :butt:

I did post it up, and it looks like the same issues plagued a number of the Nationwide cars as well. I doubt he'll see his crew chief suspended or a mega-fine (for further reference see: Hendrick Racing, 2007 Racing season)

I agree that this problem was found in several other cars in the Nationwide circuit. Nor do I feel that Carl Edwards, his team, nor his crew chief deserve to be penalized for this.

But with that said, again if it were a Hendricks car most of you would be shouting for huge fines, suspensions, and points docked.:crazy:

G 03-03-2008 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03mach69mach (Post 959412)
I beg to differ. As a long time Mark Martin fan, when you tell your fans for a year that you are retiring and plan to stay on with the same owner/manufacturer to run the trucks, then bolt to a Chebby, that's not my definition of class. Prior to that act of treason, he was the best. My opinion of him is kind of like the guy who's wife ran off with the next door neighbor. When he sucks, I'm glad he's gone, when he does well I get begin to really dislike him. All you Jr. fans know a little about what it's like, except he stayed in the same manufacturer's car. Imagine he went to Toyota & that would be about the same.

Ask me about my thoughts about Bill Elliott & Dale Jarrett !!:3amin:

Don't worry, I will get over it, but I don't have to like it!!

Mark is retired from the full schedule in ALL of the series in which he runs. He would still be with Jack and FORD if Jack wanted a development program in cup, Jack decided it did not fit his business model (to have a shared ride)and wanted full season drivers. I agree with Jack's decision and also support the part-time work Mark does now. It's hard to argue with the results from Roush Racing this year. :worship:

I think if you plan to have a favorite driver, you better get used to seeing them in OTHER make cars. My other fav besides Mark is also in a Chevy now. :23:

G 03-03-2008 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 959816)
I agree that this problem was found in several other cars in the Nationwide circuit. Nor do I feel that Carl Edwards, his team, nor his crew chief deserve to be penalized for this.

But with that said, again if it were a Hendricks car most of you would be shouting for huge fines, suspensions, and points docked.:crazy:

I would not complain! I think no matter who gets caught --- HMS should get fined. :23:

falcongtho3 03-04-2008 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 959830)
I would not complain! I think no matter who gets caught --- HMS should get fined. :23:

LMAO!!!

G 03-04-2008 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 959912)
LMAO!!!

Don't laugh, I'm not alone. :23: :23: :23:

falcongtho3 03-05-2008 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 960279)
Don't laugh, I'm not alone. :23: :23: :23:

No, I'm sure there are 80-90 million other INTELLIGENT NASCAR fans who feel the same way...

02mach1 03-05-2008 01:16 PM

This week in hot Atanta I'am taking Carl #99 his on a roll.

bris09 03-05-2008 08:25 PM

Carl gets 100 points docked plus loses the 10 points earned toward the chase. Causing him to drop to seventh in the standings and Rousch is fined $100,000 along with the crew chief is suspended for six weeks.

Seems a little harsh doesn't it.

Big Ron 03-05-2008 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bris09 (Post 960713)
Carl gets 100 points docked plus loses the 10 points earned toward the chase. Causing him to drop to seventh in the standings and Rousch is fined $100,000 along with the crew chief is suspended for six weeks.

it's because it's the COT! No body messes with the COT. What I don't understand is, didn't it go thru a pre-race inspection? Didn't they find all that stuff before the race?

Big Ron :smokin:

02mach1 03-06-2008 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Ron (Post 960717)
it's because it's the COT! No body messes with the COT. What I don't understand is, didn't it go thru a pre-race inspection? Didn't they find all that stuff before the race?

Big Ron :smokin:

Something don't sound right when Roush and Ford does real good on the track?

G 03-06-2008 02:03 AM

Not that I'm a fan but I hope R. Gordon gets off the hook for his ?? violation. The more I read about it, I'm convinced they were screwed over on the deal. :smokin:

FEARED 03-06-2008 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bris09 (Post 960713)

Nah, they are not messing around with the COT. They are trying to make an example out of them.

falcongtho3 03-06-2008 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 960927)
Not that I'm a fan but I hope R. Gordon gets off the hook for his ?? violation. The more I read about it, I'm convinced they were screwed over on the deal. :smokin:

Carl got screwed over, but it looks like (acoording to nascar.com) that RG will have his penalty overturned. He's has it rough the last few months. He lost over $4mil. of his own money when the Paris/Dakar Rally was cancelled this year.

ylopony 03-06-2008 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 960926)
Something don't sound right when Roush and Ford does real good on the track?

I don't think that is the case at all. Last year Nascar levied the same fines to Michael Waltrip, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, and Dale Earnhardt Jr. Nascar is not screwing around. Mess with the COT and you will be hit hard.

(For the record, I don't hate Roush or Ford. I do like Edwards, Kenseth, and Biffle).

02mach1 03-06-2008 03:19 PM

I hoping one Roush cars get the pole this friday in Atanta see what Nascar would say about that.:23:

falcongtho3 03-07-2008 10:47 PM

OK, so Gordon got the pole (proceed with appropriate Gordon/Johnson/pole references as needed). Carl didn't qualify bad. He won't have many to get by to win a third straight (OK, proceed with Gordon/Johnson/straight jokes as needed).

Now: to more important stuff. I apparently have not been keeping up well with new automotive technology. I must now get a new, NASCAR approved and Roush built, self loosening oil cap for my car.
Why?
According to some Toyota hack:
"On Friday, Lee White, general manager for Toyota Racing Development, told USA Today that removal of the oil cap would provide up to 21 percent more downforce and as much as 50 horsepower. He added that he fully believed the Roush team knew what it was doing going into the race to create an competitive advantage"
If I can get 50 HP and 25% better dowforce at speed from an oil cap loss, then I'm all in on that deal!

02mach1 03-08-2008 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 961950)
OK, so Gordon got the pole (proceed with appropriate Gordon/Johnson/pole references as needed). Carl didn't qualify bad. He won't have many to get by to win a third straight (OK, proceed with Gordon/Johnson/straight jokes as needed).

Now: to more important stuff. I apparently have not been keeping up well with new automotive technology. I must now get a new, NASCAR approved and Roush built, self loosening oil cap for my car.
Why?
"On Friday, Lee White, general manager for Toyota Racing Development, told USA Today that removal of the oil cap would provide up to 21 percent more downforce and as much as 50 horsepower. He added that he fully believed the Roush team knew what it was doing going into the race to create an competitive advantage"
If I can get 50 HP and 25% better dowforce at speed from an oil cap loss, then I'm all in on that deal!

I think it's time put the Toyotas in wall during the race.

Azure Blurr 03-08-2008 07:01 AM

Quote:

Why?

That is a real smart statment! :crazy: I'm going to go take the oil cap of my cars and marvel at the improvements!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 961986)

LMAO!!! :23: I second that motion and move to proceed!

falcongtho3 03-08-2008 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 961986)

Now, now...they seem to do that just fine all by themselves. They need help wiht that about as much as Hendrat cars need finishing waaaayyy back!

ylopony 03-08-2008 07:56 AM

Every person that I have heard on tv and in the press all say that the removal of the cap does reduce the drag on the car. Even the old timers said they use to do something similar in their days. As for the increase in hp, I'm not buying that statement.

For some reason I believe Roush and the Edwards team that they did not intentionally remove the cap. Perhaps if they investigate it further they may be able to determain that there was a defect in the piece.

As for the race, it's a nice 1-2 at the start for Hendricks with Gordon and Earnhardt.(notice the lack of the word pole here, you sick Gordon haters. LOL)

My prediction of the top 5 are,

1. Jeff Gordon(of course)
2. Carl Edwards(with or without a cap the dude is hot)
3. Kyle Busch(Hoping he finds the wall)
4. Ryan Newman(just a hunch)
5. Earnhardt Jr.( He'll get even better learning from Gordon & Johnson):worship:

gvervoren 03-08-2008 08:03 AM

I know I'm a week late here but my internet was turned off for a week cause I moved but when Carls tire rolled out in the grass last week, he didn't get penalized for it but I thought it was a godd call cause it wasn't their fault. Now I didn't hear anything complaining about it in the news or no polls about it but if that were to happen to JJ or JG, people would complain about it cause it was a Hendrick car.

03mach69mach 03-08-2008 08:04 AM

Quote:

Why?

Leave it to those Toyo guys to figure out where we American's get our superior horsepower. Now, if they find the muffler bearings, we are screwed. No wait, the ricer guys already know about them!:3amin: