2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

gvervoren 05-15-2007 08:34 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 794226)
Another lousy day for all you Hendricks bashers. :D

Again, Jeff Gordon showing why he is one of the all time greats whether Earnhardt fans want to admit it or not.

You gotta give credit where credit is due. And you got to admit, (hate them or not)The Hendricks organization has what it takes, great cars and great drivers.

G 05-15-2007 08:47 PM

Speed Channel on Wind Tunnel -------------

"Intimidator vs BoyWonder, who is better"

Why even start that discussion!!! :concerned

gvervoren 05-15-2007 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffav (Post 795533)
Speed Channel on Wind Tunnel -------------

"Intimidator vs BoyWonder, who is better"

Why even start that discussion!!! :concerned

:wtf: That's a no brainer!!

G 05-15-2007 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 795541)
:wtf: That's a no brainer!!

It's hard to beat a dead legend but in this case it still wouldn't matter.

Some people will never acknowledge his accomplishments because they just hate the guy. There is no denying he's a record setter.

ylopony 05-16-2007 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffav (Post 795545)
It's hard to beat a dead legend but in this case it still wouldn't matter.

Some people will never acknowledge his accomplishments because they just hate the guy. There is no denying he's a record setter.

I agree. It's like trying to say who was the better running back, Walter Payton or Jim Brown. Who was better, Babe Ruth or Hank Aaron. There is no way to say for sure, it's all a matter of opinion.

However, as you stated, hate the guy or like the guy, there is no way you can say that he is not one of the all time greats. 50 years from now people will look back and say that Earnhardt and Gordon were two of the best drivers that ever raced in Nascar.

There are some that will say Earnhardt was not as good as Darryl Waltrip. Again hard to compare the two drivers. In my opinion, I will say this, Earnhardt was not the greatest of all time. That has to go to the legend who drove the #43, Richard Petty.

Sorry again Gordon bashers. I'm sure it hurts to admit it, but he is a great racer. I also find it interesting that most fans can admit this, the only camp that has a hard time are the Earnhardt fans. :yeh:

falcongtho3 05-16-2007 07:11 AM

Looks like Jr's managed to fall a few rungs down the ladder. After getting caught with illegal stanchions on his rear deck spoiler he's now out 100 points as well as 100 owners points for his step-mom and team owner. Tony Eury, Jr. get to pay 100grand and watch the next 6 poins races from the comfort of his recliner at home...ouch!
:borg:

02mach1 05-16-2007 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 795706)
Looks like Jr's managed to fall a few rungs down the ladder. After getting caught with illegal stanchions on his rear deck spoiler he's now out 100 points as well as 100 owners points for his step-mom and team owner. Tony Eury, Jr. get to pay 100grand and watch the next 6 poins races from the comfort of his recliner at home...ouch!

Nascar should check 24,48 cars to:secret: :yes:

03mach69mach 05-16-2007 04:30 PM

I just read where they found Vasoline in the drivers seats on the 24 & 48, but won't penalize them as it didn't make them faster, just slicker:butt:

:31:

birdman941 05-16-2007 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03mach69mach (Post 795929)
I just read where they found Vasoline in the drivers seats on the 24 & 48, but won't penalize them as it didn't make them faster, just slicker:butt:

:31:

Probably helped them trying to get "on a pole".

ylopony 05-16-2007 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 795933)

The way the Roush boys have been lately, the've been mostly "in the rear" LOL

02mach1 05-16-2007 07:09 PM

Quote:

:MADNOEL: good one:LAUGH:

falcongtho3 05-18-2007 07:37 AM

Hot d@mn!!! Bill Elliott will be back in a Wood Bros. Ford starting with the CocaCola 600 next weekend!!! there may be hope for NASCAR yet, and maybe even Ford! (OK, it's still a way to use past champions provisionals, but I don't care! Awesome Bill's in a Ford!)

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/head...dex.html?imw=Y

03mach69mach 05-18-2007 08:01 AM

Quote:

I think you are right, it doesn't make them faster, just easier for them to sit on the Pole;)

Bill Elliott back in a Ford. Kind of like your wife leaving you for the next door neighbor then coming back after 7 years. Not sure I am gonna throw a party for him. He has to apologize for alot and hopefully win a couple before I am back on the wagon.

birdman941 05-18-2007 08:56 AM

I met Bill a few times when I was at Development.
Really a nice guy, and a clean driver.
Always been a huge Elliott fan.

Thunderbolt 05-18-2007 02:08 PM

Bill Elliot will just be making laps, that's it. No threat at all. If anything, he should take over commentating duties on NBC from when B.P. died.

G 05-18-2007 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 796872)
Bill Elliot will just be making laps, that's it. No threat at all. If anything, he should take over commentating duties on NBC from when B.P. died.

I don't think so. He's not the kind to just ride. :D

ylopony 05-19-2007 07:38 AM

I think there is one thing that we all can agree on here whether we are fans of the Hendricks team, RCR, Roush, or DEI. That is our opinions on the Toyota's.

Another success story for Michael Waltrip and his Toyota in qualifying. Nascar should start charging him for the cost to repaint the walls week in and week out.:23:

falcongtho3 05-19-2007 07:55 AM

You are so right, and he needs to open his own body and paint shop. That should save him a ton of $. He slapped the heck out of the wall last night. But on a Ford note, both pole winners (not to be confusedwith Jimmie or Jeff 'taking' a pole) were Ford drivers. Maybe there's hope yet...but I still don't have Speed so I guess I'll be reading about it in the paper tomorrow...

klondike93 05-19-2007 09:18 AM

Quote:

I think there is one thing that we all can agree on here whether we are fans of the Hendricks team, RCR, Roush, or DEI. That is our opinions on the Toyota's.
not in a million years, no fricken way, yes, no way and yes, the Toyota's suck.

G 05-19-2007 10:17 AM

I've been a devoted race fan all my life and Toyota is the least of my concerns with NASCAR. I prefer American cars but when you attend a Cup race there are Toyota fans and they provide some nice displays for the fans. I don't get some of the hate for the Toyota drivers. I would drive one tonight if that was a way to get a Cup ride. :o

It will probably keep the US based teams on their toes. Just imagine what an American can would be "quality wise" if there was no Japanese competition. The current crop of US cars is MUCH better because they have to be.
:D

G 05-19-2007 10:20 AM

Wind Tunnel was better than I thought it would be --- referring to the "Iron-Head vs "WonderBoy" comparison.

They had some great stories recounted. :smokin:

Thunderbolt 05-19-2007 09:41 PM

Juan Pablo Montoya completely sucks. I knew he'd be taking cars out as soon as I saw he was starting 5th in the qualification race. :notsure:

Blackpony04 05-19-2007 10:48 PM

Is it just me or is this AllStar Open/Race the most exciting race of the year so far? Bunch of crashes and it really is a shootout for the win! Sucks that Carl Edwards is commentating instead of racing but I love that the Busch brothers took themselves out! :D

Thunderbolt 05-19-2007 11:18 PM

Yeah, that was some really good all out racing. Too bad Martin fell back at the end. That would have been sweet to see him win, but Harvick winning was better than the :OOPS: twins. (Gordon @ Johnson)

G 05-19-2007 11:26 PM

Yeah, Harvick was my third pick. Martin, Burton, and then Happy. :D

Pretty exciting, I kinda feel bad for Kurt because he seems to be a different guy with the Penske guidance. :machgod: