2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

gbranton 10-04-2010 04:45 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

The drive for five is quite alive. My prediction: Jimmie Johnson wins next week and extends his points lead.

blown03Mach1 10-16-2010 09:59 PM

I still contend that Jimmy Jonson is BAD for NASCAR! I just turn off the f'n race. I wonder how far NASCARs rating have dropped since the wonder boy got handed his championships with the crapy azz chase rules changes. If NASCAR had half a brain they would switch up the final ten races each year instead of running tracks that favor ole wonder boy...

I just wonder how long until I never watch or go to another race?

I swear the only reason I watch now is in hopes that someone out of the chase takes out wonder boy...

falcongtho3 10-16-2010 10:37 PM

Ditto.

I'm hoping that Kyle will get sideways into him and take them both out. The Ford's are only making progress on the pit stops. This is nearly as frustrating as college football!

:borg:

birdman941 10-16-2010 10:53 PM

Lots of empty seats.
Wonder if Brian "the Pansy" France has figured it out yet.
Dump toiletta.

311-420 10-16-2010 11:15 PM

My driver's essentially out of the championship running after something letting go last week, but I still enjoy watching. Even if JJ is doing his thing. I just love the style of racing, win or lose for the 18.

G 10-17-2010 01:51 AM

Jamie Mac, I love watching him pass shrub and JJ on the way to another big win. On top of that he's somebody that makes you happy about his success. There might be hope for nascar yet. :eyebrows:

gbranton 10-17-2010 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1323247)
The drive for five is quite alive. My prediction: Jimmie Johnson wins next week and extends his points lead.

Ok, so he didn't win, but he continues to creep away.

falcongtho3 10-17-2010 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 1326568)
Jamie Mac, I love watching him pass shrub and JJ on the way to another big win. On top of that he's somebody that makes you happy about his success. There might be hope for nascar yet. :eyebrows:

I was happy to see him do well, but you have to wonder about the points system when a guy who wins two of the biggest races of the year (Daytona and the Brickyard) as well as a Charlotte race isn't even i nthe chase. I understand it's about consistency, but many 'chasers' haven't even won one race.

02mach1 10-17-2010 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 1326533)
Lots of empty seats.
Wonder if Brian "the Pansy" France has figured it out yet.
Dump toiletta.

You hit nail on the head,:wolf:

G 10-17-2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1326591)
I was happy to see him do well, but you have to wonder about the points system when a guy who wins two of the biggest races of the year (Daytona and the Brickyard) as well as a Charlotte race isn't even i nthe chase. I understand it's about consistency, but many 'chasers' haven't even won one race.

I hate the chase. I make every effort to watch the modifieds in person or on TV but Cup is something that might be on in the background. If they keep it up they will ruin trucks and NW too. :wall:

I hate the chase, I hate the chase, I hate the chase, I hate the chase, I hate the chase, I hate the chase, I hate the chase, I hate the chase, I hate the chase, I hate the chase, I hate the chase, I hate the chase, I hate the chase, I hate the chase, I hate the chase, I hate the chase, I hate the chase, I hate the chase, I hate the chase, I hate the chase, I hate the chase, I hate the chase, I hate the chase, I hate the chase, I hate the chase, I hate the chase, I hate the chase, I hate the chase, I hate the chase, I hate the chase, I hate the chase, I hate the chase, I hate the chase, and I don't like setting JJ up for success every dang year. :SMASH:

falcongtho3 10-17-2010 11:28 AM

I kinda understand what you're saying, but I think you're being a little vague about your feelings about the Chase....

japan4racing 10-17-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1326591)

There is nothing to wonder about.....you get the same amount of points weather its the Daytona 500 or some random Atlanta race. Is it an accomplishment to win the 500 and the BY??? Absolutely, but points are points regardless of the name tag you hang on them. The reason those guys with no wins are in the chase is because they consistently stay up front. Get J-mac to stay up front consistently and with out winning a single race he will be in the chase. Its not the points system's fault that J-mac cant finish well on a consistent basis.

birdman941 10-17-2010 09:11 PM

I like the Aussie V8 Supercar series better,
even though it is all twisties.
Modular Ford power.........................

falcongtho3 10-17-2010 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 1326749)

Yeah, I'd like to make it over there and see Bathurst in person just once.

birdman941 10-17-2010 09:29 PM

I just want to hide an FPV Falcon in my luggage.

gbranton 10-17-2010 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 1326749)

Well if you like Aussie V-8 Supercars, I would think you'd be happy that the German DTM servies is coming to America. Twelve events in 2013, it will serve as a sprint racing support show for GRAND-AM, NASCAR Sprint Cup and the NASCAR Nationwide Series.

falcongtho3 10-18-2010 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1326766)
Well if you like Aussie V-8 Supercars, I would think you'd be happy that the German DTM servies is coming to America. Twelve events in 2013, it will serve as a sprint racing support show for GRAND-AM, NASCAR Sprint Cup and the NASCAR Nationwide Series.

Probably a bunch of Volvos and Jettas...pass! We want V8s!

G 10-22-2010 06:46 PM

Big news with Kasey Kahne and RPM. He might see some success over at Red Bull and should do great at RHM in 2012.

Martinsville should be exciting!

Con's Mach1 10-22-2010 07:13 PM

MAN! I hate to even say it out loud. But, I'm starting to warm up(just a little)to Kyle Bush. I can't believe I just wrote that! But, this guy keeps the racing interesting at least. Especially, when he has to come from the back of the pack. The announcers say "he's got a long way to the front". I just laugh, cause this guy will put that car every, and anywhere. And be back up to the front in 10 laps. He's got the talent. I even find myself respecting him a little. I even think he's matured some too. "BOY! Somebody help me"!! Come on Carl and Greg get UP THERE! "Jimmy Johnson is just Mr. Vanilla"-Jimmy Spencer. And he's right. Win or Lose.

311-420 10-22-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Con's Mach1 (Post 1328296)
MAN! I hate to even say it out loud. But, I'm starting to warm up(just a little)to Kyle Bush. I can't believe I just wrote that! But, this guy keeps the racing interesting at least. Especially, when he has to come from the back of the pack. The announcers say "he's got a long way to the front". I just laugh, cause this guy will put that car every, and anywhere. And be back up to the front in 10 laps. He's got the talent. I even find myself respecting him a little. I even think he's matured some too. "BOY! Somebody help me"!! Come on Carl and Greg get UP THERE! "Jimmy Johnson is just Mr. Vanilla"-Jimmy Spencer. And he's right. Win or Lose.

I don't believe it....I might no longer be alone here...but how long will you be able to fight off the flames??? It takes a true warrior to be a KB fan. :29:

gbranton 10-22-2010 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1326826)
Probably a bunch of Volvos and Jettas...pass! We want V8s!

Uuuhhhh, no.

The DTM series, the initials standing for Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters features advanced purpose built V8-powered space frame machines, covered with largely carbon fiber bodies resemblant of the manufacturers' road machine (although the roof and roof pillars do originate from the production car). In order to lower costs, the engine power is limited to 470 hp, and transmissions, brakes and tires are standard parts for all. Also, dimension and aerodynamics are equalized. The approx. 2,300 lb DTM cars corner incredibly quickly and wear spectacular body kits incorporating huge wheel arches and diffusers.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...06_burnOut.jpg

http://www.pistonheads.com/pics/news...audi_dtm-L.jpg

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/ph.../original.aspx

http://www.newautoor.com/upimg/20080...4010Z12051.jpg

birdman941 10-22-2010 09:30 PM

Still stick with the Aussie Supercars.
Mainly because I love the Falcons, and never liked Volkswagen/Porsche/Audi.

G 10-25-2010 01:59 AM

I enjoyed nascar and F1 today. :smokin:

Well it was yesterday now. :23:

Con's Mach1 10-25-2010 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1328312)
I don't believe it....I might no longer be alone here...but how long will you be able to fight off the flames??? It takes a true warrior to be a KB fan. :29:

I can't believe someone else sees the same thing? I just have to give CREDIT where credits due. And Kyle is beginning to get my respect. If he keeps this up, I may get to like the guy, no matter who he drives for...Hope one day it will be for Roush. But, only time will tell. All I can say is I never liked him before, but that's starting to change. I still can't believe I'm saying it out loud. He reminds me of the drivers of years past. Maybe more will come out, and say Kyle is a REAL NASCAR driver. Don't have to like the guy to RESPECT him.

birdman941 10-25-2010 09:29 AM

Unfortunately, KB don't drive a real car.