2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Power Adders (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Eaton Swap..... (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=71833)

tc3nitall4 06-27-2008 04:17 PM

Re: Eaton Swap.....

can you run an air to air intercooler system on top mount blower setups instead of water to air?

Scott McClure 06-27-2008 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tc3nitall4 (Post 1012861)
can you run an air to air intercooler system on top mount blower setups instead of water to air?

Wouldn't be efficient.

Orange Mach 04 07-11-2008 11:51 AM

Does anyone have the part number or know how long the stock belt is?

machgsxr 07-11-2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange Mach 04 (Post 1018514)
Does anyone have the part number or know how long the stock belt is?

Pulley Size.....Belt Size.......Gates Part No......Gatorback Part No.
3.65 (stock).....75.1" .............K080751................4080750

I had very good luck with napa having a belt in stock.

Orange Mach 04 07-12-2008 12:05 AM

Hmmm...seem to have a little problem here. I have the stock belt (verified the part number on it) and I have the stock pulley, but the belt will NOT fit. I tried and tried and its just too short or something, or is it possible one of the idlers is too big or in the wrong spot? Are they all the same size, and what are the part numbers?

machgsxr 07-12-2008 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange Mach 04 (Post 1018777)
Hmmm...seem to have a little problem here. I have the stock belt (verified the part number on it) and I have the stock pulley, but the belt will NOT fit. I tried and tried and its just too short or something, or is it possible one of the idlers is too big or in the wrong spot? Are they all the same size, and what are the part numbers?

On my buddy's mach one is smaller than the other two. I think it's the middle one on the pulley bridge. Try going to a larger belt maybe instead of trying to find the smaller pulley.

Orange Mach 04 07-12-2008 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machgsxr (Post 1018841)
On my buddy's mach one is smaller than the other two. I think it's the middle one on the pulley bridge. Try going to a larger belt maybe instead of trying to find the smaller pulley.

Ohh ok, I bought the 3 pulleys off of a member on SVTP and they were the stock ones to my knowledge however I believe they are all the same size. The stock belt is 75, you think a 76" one would make a big enough difference, or just get a 77" maybe?

xXAzureMach1Xx 08-12-2008 08:54 PM

On the Eaton swap dose it have to be a cobra oil cooler or can it just be any oil cooler?

machgsxr 08-12-2008 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXAzureMach1Xx (Post 1031822)
On the Eaton swap dose it have to be a cobra oil cooler or can it just be any oil cooler?

Has to be the 03-04 Cobra Oil cooler.

xXAzureMach1Xx 08-13-2008 10:43 PM

why the cobra oil cooler?

machgsxr 08-13-2008 10:50 PM

Because the other one's will run right into the back of the alternator. The cobra one is flipped down so the coolant hose goes right under the alternator.

SB Lightning 08-14-2008 12:54 AM

I would love to do this but it seems like there's so many things to go wrong. Like finding all the parts then finding a shop to install it then tune...in the end would it even be worth the eaton? Why not another kit?

Reloaded 08-14-2008 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SB Lightning (Post 1032365)
I would love to do this but it seems like there's so many things to go wrong. Like finding all the parts then finding a shop to install it then tune...in the end would it even be worth the eaton? Why not another kit?

Because other kits for a roots style or twin screw supercharger are WAAAYY more expensive than an Eaton swap. It's a fair amount of work, but worth it if you can see it through to the end in both power and amount of money spent. If you take your time anyway. Especially if you intend to run the stock block. I know I love my Heaton. :smokin:

SB Lightning 08-14-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reloaded (Post 1032388)
Because other kits for a roots style or twin screw supercharger are WAAAYY more expensive than an Eaton swap. It's a fair amount of work, but worth it if you can see it through to the end in both power and amount of money spent. If you take your time anyway. Especially if you intend to run the stock block. I know I love my Heaton. :smokin:

Ya that's true. Is anyone selling kits for the Eaton swap yet?

Reloaded 08-14-2008 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SB Lightning (Post 1032584)
Ya that's true. Is anyone selling kits for the Eaton swap yet?

Not really. Just ones that people piece together. Machgsxr on here has pieced a few together.

PharmDMach1 08-14-2008 10:03 PM

Quote:

Yes, I originally bought all the parts to do the eaton swap but I realized now that I have everything I can just go Whipple and be done with. My main point is that you can start off with the eaton but you have so much room to grow. I gave my Steig. Stage IV to my buddy, who happens to run a shop and drives a stock eatoned cobra.

wutang61 08-29-2008 03:12 AM

Quote:

well ill let you decide for yourself....

before the eaton swap:
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...ng61/mach1.jpg

after the eaton swap:
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...1/101_0061.jpg

dont even look at the peak numbers...

im making 350RWTQ at 2500 v.s. 250 on my N/A tune

vtecDIS 08-29-2008 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ran624 (Post 1003446)
well my shaker is finally installed here are some picts Im still trying to figure out how to connect the innercooler pump though..

holy **** that is PERFECT. and you didnt have to cut through the shaker base. can you fab up another one for me? i plan on doing an eaton swap too.

wutang61 08-29-2008 06:32 PM

i wired my intercooler pump in where the PCV heater is plugged into the engine harness on the driver side.

it works perfectly. the pump only runs when the ignition is on. i did have to swap from a 2amp fuse to a 5amp fuse.

i let the pump run for about 2 hours one time with me turning it off and on multiple times to make sure i wouldn't have any problems. 500 miles later.... no problems.

ill post up pics when im back from vacation.

xXAzureMach1Xx 09-04-2008 04:27 PM

Are the t stat housing the same on the machs and cobras

wutang61 09-04-2008 04:49 PM

yes. t-stat housings are the same

nasty04mach1 09-05-2008 05:20 PM

So is the frist list, in the frist post, is that everything needed to bolt on the whole eaton swap?? Is it a bad idea to just collect all the parts over like a year or two and then put it together??

machgsxr 09-05-2008 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nasty04mach1 (Post 1043008)
So is the frist list, in the frist post, is that everything needed to bolt on the whole eaton swap?? Is it a bad idea to just collect all the parts over like a year or two and then put it together??

Yes, only thing missing is bolts, nuts and the idlers for the s/c belt. I will see if I can get those part #'s and post them in there.

Collecting parts over a year or two would be the best way to go about it. It gives you time to find the parts at good deals instead of having to pay more for it up front because you need it. I have seen some good deals lately, but with no money or need for them I pass on the parts. If I needed them and they were at a good price I would buy them.

nasty04mach1 09-05-2008 05:37 PM

Awesome thanks buddy. I am really wanting the swap. So that way I can port and polish it. I love the sound of the stiegemeiers :machgod: