2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Ebay Watch - Mach 1 stuff on eBay (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   '01 Bullitt Craigslist 3600 miles (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=133057)

slojunk91 03-08-2015 12:34 PM

'01 Bullitt Craigslist 3600 miles

Not a Mach1 or E Bay, but check this out for 11k. I should buy it just to flip it. It's 10 minutes from where I live. Sorry if I posted in the wrong place.
http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/4922595080.html

not a gt 03-08-2015 01:25 PM

Re: '01 Bullitt Craigslist 3600 miles

Nice looking car

Thunderbolt 03-08-2015 03:47 PM

He's either trying to support his crack habit, or something is wrong with it. Why else would you screw yourself out of thousands more he could get for it.

Family Man 03-08-2015 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1597676)
He's either trying to support his crack habit, or something is wrong with it. Why else would you screw yourself out of thousands more he could get for it.

It's on CL, say no more.:concerned

slojunk91 03-08-2015 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Family Man (Post 1597677)
It's on CL, say no more.:concerned

True..but i had to share it anyways....

Pennington 03-09-2015 11:45 AM

The market just isn't there for the 2001 Bullitt any more, sadly. A black 1,300 car was on eBay last month and it was listed at $18k. It sold for best offer. A Highland Green example with the same mileage has been languishing in Las Vegas at a dealer for months. At $27k.

I almost grabbed a low-mile Bullitt. Instead went with the Mach 1. Why? The Bullitt just isn't as special. Don't get me wrong, I like the '01 Bullitt but there's just not as much unique content.

The guy may also really not understand what he has. Might just be trying to unload for the next new thing. Seen it happen before.

Pennington 03-10-2015 10:12 AM

The seller of that Bullitt on Craigslist may just be doing it just for the attention, too. When I was looking to buy, I drove over 3 hrs. to see a low-mile Mach 1 of a user on here who was ready to sell. Once I got there, he just wanted to show the car off.

ab_mach1 03-10-2015 12:09 PM

Says it's "deleted by author" now. Who's Author? :23:

Mustang9668 03-10-2015 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eruza (Post 1597750)
Says it's "deleted by author" now. Who's Author? :23:

http://www.bvrcamp.org/wp-content/up...ur-article.jpg

ab_mach1 03-10-2015 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang9668 (Post 1597752)

Lolol

IG: @azurebluemach

Lonestar77777 03-24-2015 09:50 PM

Not on CL anymore.

LS:santa:

Orange Crush 03-28-2015 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pennington (Post 1597745)
The seller of that Bullitt on Craigslist may just be doing it just for the attention, too. When I was looking to buy, I drove over 3 hrs. to see a low-mile Mach 1 of a user on here who was ready to sell. Once I got there, he just wanted to show the car off.

Going to have to disagree here. I have never advertised my Mach 1 for sale; you posted on this site stating that you were looking for what I have. For a buyer who knows exactly what he is looking for, you were practically in my back yard. And since from time to time I consider putting my car up for sale, I responded to your original post about finding a Mach 1. From the beginning, I made it very clear I was uncertain if I was willing to sell my Mach 1, but you still wanted to come to see the car. I offered a very fair, not padded price. You made an offer, but not enough to pry it away from me. I'd also like those that read this to understand the "over 3 hrs" trip was round trip, and not one way. Your assessment of my car was fair and generous, acknowledging that no other cars you had looked at had as much documentation as mine. I feel that is worth a premium, and I believe you do too.

It was never my intention to "show the car off". I thought you were a nice, honest guy Mike; very disappointed to read this.

slojunk91 03-28-2015 09:53 PM

^^^ This should be good...

VA-Mach1 03-28-2015 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange Crush (Post 1598664)
Going to have to disagree here. I have never advertised my Mach 1 for sale; you posted on this site stating that you were looking for what I have. For a buyer who knows exactly what he is looking for, you were practically in my back yard. And since from time to time I consider putting my car up for sale, I responded to your original post about finding a Mach 1. From the beginning, I made it very clear I was uncertain if I was willing to sell my Mach 1, but you still wanted to come to see the car. I offered a very fair, not padded price. You made an offer, but not enough to pry it away from me. I'd also like those that read this to understand the "over 3 hrs" trip was round trip, and not one way. Your assessment of my car was fair and generous, acknowledging that no other cars you had looked at had as much documentation as mine. I feel that is worth a premium, and I believe you do too.

It was never my intention to "show the car off". I thought you were a nice, honest guy Mike; very disappointed to read this.

You are honest I agree. But in the end you have to decide if your car is for sale or not, and set a price. No feelers, or gauging interest.

ASH302 04-10-2015 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slojunk91 (Post 1598667)
^^^ This should be good...

yeap

ASh

ASH302 04-10-2015 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pennington (Post 1597696)
The market just isn't there for the 2001 Bullitt any more, sadly. A black 1,300 car was on eBay last month and it was listed at $18k. It sold for best offer. A Highland Green example with the same mileage has been languishing in Las Vegas at a dealer for months. At $27k.

I almost grabbed a low-mile Bullitt. Instead went with the Mach 1. Why? The Bullitt just isn't as special. Don't get me wrong, I like the '01 Bullitt but there's just not as much unique content.
The guy may also really not understand what he has. Might just be trying to unload for the next new thing. Seen it happen before.

I have to agree with you, the Bullitt are nice, love the green, but really there isn't anything really special about them when next to a GT and really that is all they are, the mach is a different animal with what is on it. I would buy a Bullitt but not for a crazy price, it would have to be a green one, the other colors would not do it for me, just buy a normal GT and call it a day. even when I see the 08 Bullitts it does nothing but look like a GT, again the green looks great, but that is all

ASh

Bullitt 736 04-17-2015 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pennington (Post 1597696)

I've got to say I disagree with you on this one. Yes, I have a Bullitt. I also love the Mach 1's. It's obvious the Mach 1 has more flash but the Bullitt is more about stealth. That's all personal preference. No issue there at all.

What I disagree with is the statement about unique content.

Aside from the 4V with the shaker (which Scott Hoag was slated for the Bullitt but was nixed by management), how many more unique items does the Mach 1 have than the Bullitt? Both have the suspension, brakes, special paint colors, interior parts. There's trade-offs on other items.

By the way, I hoarding 4V parts for a future swap into the Bullitt ;)

Bullitt 736 04-17-2015 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASH302 (Post 1599528)
I have to agree with you, the Bullitt are nice, love the green, but really there isn't anything really special about them when next to a GT and really that is all they are, the mach is a different animal with what is on it. I would buy a Bullitt but not for a crazy price, it would have to be a green one, the other colors would not do it for me, just buy a normal GT and call it a day. even when I see the 08 Bullitts it does nothing but look like a GT, again the green looks great, but that is all

ASh

No worries Ash. I'll still buy you a beer at the Shootout. :laugh:

Pennington 04-19-2015 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullitt 736 (Post 1599866)
I've got to say I disagree with you on this one. Yes, I have a Bullitt. I also love the Mach 1's. It's obvious the Mach 1 has more flash but the Bullitt is more about stealth. That's all personal preference. No issue there at all.

What I disagree with is the statement about unique content.

Aside from the 4V with the shaker (which Scott Hoag was slated for the Bullitt but was nixed by management), how many more unique items does the Mach 1 have than the Bullitt? Both have the suspension, brakes, special paint colors, interior parts. There's trade-offs on other items.

By the way, I hoarding 4V parts for a future swap into the Bullitt ;)

Not to ignite a Bullitt vs. Mach 1 debate, but as I said, don't get me wrong, I like the 2001 Bullitt. I almost bought one and it remains on my list for future ownership. I have friends with pristine examples and I like them. But to clarify... For what it was in '01 it was great. It was an "up-gunned" GT yet was still far behind the Cobra in terms of performance. The Mach 1 was introduced to Ford by enthusiasts and was developed off of the higher end Cobra. It provides naturally aspirated 1999/2001 Cobra performance and exclusivity out of an already existing package as opposed to a parts-bin. It was a detuned, watered-down variant of the up-market. Just my opinion. Everyone has their own.

Pennington 04-19-2015 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange Crush (Post 1598664)

I went and looked at several cars, pal. Dial back the paranoia. Where I live, 1 mile can be 45 minutes.

Bullitt 736 04-19-2015 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pennington (Post 1599906)
Not to ignite a Bullitt vs. Mach 1 debate, but as I said, don't get me wrong, I like the 2001 Bullitt. I almost bought one and it remains on my list for future ownership. I have friends with pristine examples and I like them. But to clarify... For what it was in '01 it was great. It was an "up-gunned" GT yet was still far behind the Cobra in terms of performance. The Mach 1 was introduced to Ford by enthusiasts and was developed off of the higher end Cobra. It provides naturally aspirated 1999/2001 Cobra performance and exclusivity out of an already existing package as opposed to a parts-bin. It was a detuned, watered-down variant of the up-market. Just my opinion. Everyone has their own.

No no. I know you're not trying start a war. I agree it was behind the Cobra as I acknowledged. You guys got the 4v. The project team tried to get it for the Bullitt but it would have had SVT in an uproar. Management would not allow it. The Mach 1 was able to get the 4v because the SVT team was adding the s/c to the Cobra.

The Mach 1 project team was headed by the same man who lead the Bullitt project . Scott Hoag. Same team. Same enthusiasts. So where is the exclusivity?

I'm lost with the parts bin comment. Most of the Bullitt upgrades had never been seen on another Mustang, sans Cobra brake system.

Ill ask again though, other than more flash (which I like as well) versus subdued looks, 4v and shaker excluded, where are all of the other unique items to the Mach 1? Your comment regarding that is what I disagreed with.

Again, not starting a war. This is good discussion. Come to the Shootouts. I'll buy you a beer too.

Pennington 04-20-2015 06:24 PM

Like I said, the Mach 1 exemplifies more of a change above the “run-of-the-mill” GT and the Bullitt, too. While the Bullitt and Mach 1 do share likely 90% of the same components, the big one, as you mentioned, is the 4V. While it (and the Shaker) may or may not have been in the discussion on the Bullitt, the fact remains it didn’t make it and the Bullitt, performance wise, was a parts bin tune-up for the 2V. The 4V, coupled with the reintroduced Shaker, the forged crank in the 5-speeds, the 3.73 rear end, the silver interior trimming with the IUP, and the Magnum 500-style wheels (which, for the record, to date never saw their way on any SN95, S197, or S550). And, if you believe what’s written in “Iron Fist, Lead Foot,” the Mach 1 benefited from the widening for the wider tires for the Terminator Cobra. Regardless of one’s optics on the cosmetics of either car, the matte spoiler, chin spoiler, hood and side stripes, bulging hood, and side scoops are… additional content.

Mach828 04-20-2015 07:10 PM

I'd love to have a Bullitt. I'd probably coyote swap it with a strong NA build.

:COOL:

RedLiner 04-20-2015 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach828 (Post 1599951)
I'd love to have a Bullitt. I'd probably coyote swap it with a strong NA build.

:COOL:

I just bought a 2001 DHG Bullitt to do exactly this :thumbsup:

Thunderbolt 04-20-2015 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pennington (Post 1599950)
the 3.73 rear end,

3.55's.