2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

Azure Blurr 06-03-2007 01:28 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZURE GIRL (Post 794045)
JGR could be a good fit as Jr. and Tony get along pretty good. Personally, I would like to see them on a team together.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 (Post 792492)
I personally think that he'll head for Gibbs. He is good friends with Tony Stewart and Denny Hamlin as well as being a Redskins fan. Perfect match.

Post 588 and 552 may have nailed it.

gvervoren 06-03-2007 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZURE GIRL (Post 804564)
Earnhart to go to Gibbs? Heard he could be signing in the next couple weeks.

Where did you here this? If it's true, I wonder if they will except Budweiser for the sponsor cause Gibbs didn't want them as a sponsor.

Azure Blurr 06-03-2007 01:32 PM

Few minutes ago on Fox as they are killing time due to rain delay. One of the first things that they said when they came on. If I heard correctly, Visa wanted in on the deal. Wife was yapping during the announcement.

gvervoren 06-03-2007 02:03 PM

Kinda glad there is a rain delay. Our Fox station went out do to t-storms. :(

Azure Blurr 06-03-2007 02:20 PM

Really does not look hopeful of getting the race in today.

gvervoren 06-03-2007 02:23 PM

Our station came back on just in time to announce that the race will be tomorrow instead.

FEARED 06-03-2007 04:10 PM

They were talking about Visa a few weeks ago wanting to get Jr.. Its all up in the air still.

Thunderbolt 06-03-2007 04:26 PM

Jr. with a spending limit. :31: :31:

falcongtho3 06-05-2007 07:17 AM

A moment of silence for the passing of Bill France...

:borg:

falcongtho3 06-06-2007 07:48 AM

The Tony and Kurt show managed to stir up some...stuff this past Monday. Kurt was just stupid for pit road antics, but Tony's no angel and he should have never booted Kurt the way he did. Tony was clear to the inside for a clean pass, but IMHO chose to get in a cheap shot that NASCAR will probably choose to overlook. I'm not a KB fan, but he was baited...badly, although he should never have pulled what he did in the pits. He could have injured or killed someone and there is just no justification for that.

gvervoren 06-07-2007 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 806049)
The Tony and Kurt show managed to stir up some...stuff this past Monday. Kurt was just stupid for pit road antics, but Tony's no angel and he should have never booted Kurt the way he did. Tony was clear to the inside for a clean pass, but IMHO chose to get in a cheap shot that NASCAR will probably choose to overlook. I'm not a KB fan, but he was baited...badly, although he should never have pulled what he did in the pits. He could have injured or killed someone and there is just no justification for that.

I don't know what happened. I missed the entire race. :angry:

falcongtho3 06-07-2007 07:18 PM

Frances death and funeral have been at the top of discussions inthe NASCAR arena, so no fines, suspensions or penalties have been handed out.
The situation (from my point of view as a fan who cares little for wither driver) was that Tony and Kurt did some fender rubbing throughout the race. Later on Tony came up behind Kurt and gave him a bump which ended up putting him into the wall and sideways. Tony (IMHO) could have gone low and cleared Kurts car, but did not and prtty well punted him in the rear quarter. Once the cars came into the pits Tony was getting tires changed and Kurt ran right up on Tonys right side, nearly running over his jackman...I mean really, seriously, close. NASCAR then had Kurt pull into the garage for the remainder of the race (I don't know if the car was still viable anyway) and called his whole crew to the trailer for a conference. It was bad on many levels, and I've heard various versions of what happened form those whom I work with who are Stewart fans (it's not like I didn't watch this on TV!?!) and their version puts everythign on Kurts shoulders. Time, and NASCAR, will tell...:borg:

Thunderbolt 06-07-2007 07:35 PM

Darn, to bad I missed most of that race. I saw only about the last 20 laps after I got home from work.

04VAMach1 06-07-2007 08:16 PM

Kurt's actions deserve more than a slap on the wrist penalty...it was more than his and Stewart's lives at risk with that move.

I'm not excusing Stewart as he was no angel, but it's no different than his on track behavior his entire career. He is one of the reasons that the "gentlemen's agreement" went out the door.

ShebMach1 06-07-2007 08:56 PM

Off topic, but I'm pretty pumped to be going on June 23rd to watch the Busch at the Milwaukee Mile. A lot of my friends hate racing and say its boring. I think thats just because they watch it on TV. When your there its a whole different story!

gvervoren 06-07-2007 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShebMach1 (Post 806865)
Off topic, but I'm pretty pumped to be going on June 23rd to watch the Busch at the Milwaukee Mile. A lot of my friends hate racing and say its boring. I think thats just because they watch it on TV. When your there its a whole different story!

:agree:

gvervoren 06-07-2007 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 806815)
Frances death and funeral have been at the top of discussions inthe NASCAR arena, so no fines, suspensions or penalties have been handed out.
The situation (from my point of view as a fan who cares little for wither driver) was that Tony and Kurt did some fender rubbing throughout the race. Later on Tony came up behind Kurt and gave him a bump which ended up putting him into the wall and sideways. Tony (IMHO) could have gone low and cleared Kurts car, but did not and prtty well punted him in the rear quarter. Once the cars came into the pits Tony was getting tires changed and Kurt ran right up on Tonys right side, nearly running over his jackman...I mean really, seriously, close. NASCAR then had Kurt pull into the garage for the remainder of the race (I don't know if the car was still viable anyway) and called his whole crew to the trailer for a conference. It was bad on many levels, and I've heard various versions of what happened form those whom I work with who are Stewart fans (it's not like I didn't watch this on TV!?!) and their version puts everythign on Kurts shoulders. Time, and NASCAR, will tell...:borg:

Thanks for telling me what happened. There is never a good reason to spin out or even swerve at another car in the pits. Too many people walking around and doing pit stops. I'm sure they will replay it on the prerace show next week. I hope so. That way I can se it.

ylopony 06-08-2007 08:04 AM

Personally, I think that Stewart and Kurt Busch are a serious cancer to the sport. I'm fed up with year in and year out these two jokers are always in some kind of trouble, show no class, and show virtually no regard to any others out there.

For that matter, maybe they can recruit another idiot in Juan Pablo Montoya and take it somewhere else because it don't belong out there on race day.

birdman941 06-08-2007 10:34 AM

Kurt Bush fined 100k and 100 points, put on probation until 12/31/2007
He got off easy.
http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/head...lty/index.html
What a punk.

02mach1 06-08-2007 12:14 PM

Tony and Kurt what's makes racing fun Nascar needs some bad guys to keep the old Nascar alive not (PC Racers)

gvervoren 06-08-2007 01:14 PM

Boy, they sure are cracking down with stiff punishments this year. I guess NASCAR means business.

falcongtho3 06-08-2007 10:16 PM

I think Kurt got what he deserved, but I think it's wrong that Tony got off scott free with his actions...

Blackpony04 06-08-2007 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 807478)
I think Kurt got what he deserved, but I think it's wrong that Tony got off scott free with his actions...

I disagree. Pushing and shoving is one of the things that makes racing exciting and Rubberhead clearly came up on Stewart and caused his own wreck. Sure Tony could have given him a little more room but it's not like Busch was running on the apron either. The Busch brothers are buttheads and most of the drivers think they both drive recklessly (or is that WRECKlessly lol).

My problem was with what happened on pit road...Busch did come up fast on that jackman and with all the noise down there it's a lucky thing the poor guy even heard the car coming. Busch should have been suspended at least one race for that...

Azure Blurr 06-09-2007 04:49 AM

:stupid:

falcongtho3 06-09-2007 07:17 AM

I still feel that Tony purposely tagged Busch instead of clearing him after Busch was already into the wall and out of control, sliding sideways. I'm sure it'll get replayed this weekend for those who haven't seen it.

On a less than impressive note, I see the highest qualifying Ford if 16th(!), behind two Toyotas and three Dodges. Biffle had to rely on owners points to get in and Bill Elliott, a past winner at Pocono, had to use a provisional to get in.