2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

Blackpony04 05-20-2007 12:27 AM

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffav (Post 797413)
Pretty exciting, I kinda feel bad for Kurt because he seems to be a different guy with the Penske guidance. :machgod:

He's still a jag-off! It's just his ears are pinned back now so there isn't as much air getting in to fill the empty cavity between them! Newman's the class driver over there any way...

And I was so hoping Martin could have pulled it off but I'm definitely on the "anybody but Hendrick" bandwagon so I'm glad Yap-Yap won over JJ too! :D

G 05-20-2007 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackpony04 (Post 797436)
He's still a jag-off! It's just his ears are pinned back now so there isn't as much air getting in to fill the empty cavity between them! Newman's the class driver over there any way...

And I was so hoping Martin could have pulled it off but I'm definitely on the "anybody but Hendrick" bandwagon so I'm glad Yap-Yap won over JJ too! :D

Haaaaa, what kind of engine was in the car Martin was driving???

:eek:

Blackpony04 05-20-2007 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffav (Post 797439)
Haaaaa, what kind of engine was in the car Martin was driving???

:eek:

It ain't their engines I dislike, it's their current trio of drivers (Mears isn't a jag off...yet!)
:D

Azure Blurr 05-20-2007 07:20 AM

Quote:

Yeah, Harvick was my third pick. Martin, Burton, and then Happy. :D
Pretty exciting, I kinda feel bad for Kurt because he seems to be a different guy with the Penske guidance. :machgod:

I think Penske put that nut case on riddlin'!!! Little brother should be gettin his azz kicked for making that boneheaded move. Could've been alot worse accident since they were up front.

gvervoren 05-20-2007 09:12 AM

Quote:

I agree. He seems to be a completely different person now. He seems to be a more calm and collected guy now. I use to hate him but not so much anymore. I don't root for him but I don't dislike him either. He's no Rusty though!!!

ylopony 05-20-2007 09:56 AM

I agree with the comment on Kurt Busch, he seems to have done a lot of growing up the last couple of years. I'm not a fan of his, but I also don't root against him like I use to.

As for the Hendricks stable. I'll take the Jimmy/Jeff tandum(I'll pass on Kyle, can't stand him) that most of you hate over the team of overrated drivers in the Roush team with the exception of Matt Kenseth. Matt is the only driver on that team in my opinion that is an elite driver. The others are good, but not in the league of Kenseth.

As for Martin, all class. I love what he said in his post race interview when asked what he said to Jimmy Johnson. He told him that he can flat out race a car.

G 05-20-2007 10:15 AM

I think MEETING Sheriff Joe Arpaio was a eye-openning event for Kurt.

He seems to have woke up to reality and if the fans give him a chance he might develope into a favorite. His past is working against him and seeing Shrub pull stunts like last night, reminds us of the old Kurt. He was excellent when interviewed. :machgod:

birdman941 05-20-2007 10:16 AM

:agree:
Shrub is a dork.

04VAMach1 05-23-2007 11:34 AM

Martin to drive the #24

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/s...=ESPNHeadlines

G 05-23-2007 07:17 PM

Why not Jr. drove Shrubs car. :23:

ylopony 05-23-2007 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffav (Post 799414)
Why not Jr. drove Shrubs car. :23:

It would be a great honor for both Jr. and Martin(who is also excellent) to sit in a Hendricks car, especially for Martin to sit in one of the greatest ever. :31:

falcongtho3 05-24-2007 09:55 PM

Pardon my stupidity, and having never watched a NASCAR race before I'm completely clueless as to how this all works (that was sarcasm for all you Toyota and GM fans), but why is NASCAR showing a 47 car line up after qualifying? For whatever reason the number 43 (and not the Petty blue one) sticks in my mind as the number of cars fielded in a race. So what gives?
:borg:

tim03mach 05-24-2007 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 800024)
Pardon my stupidity, and having never watched a NASCAR race before I'm completely clueless as to how this all works (that was sarcasm for all you Toyota and GM fans), but why is NASCAR showing a 47 car line up after qualifying? For whatever reason the number 43 (and not the Petty blue one) sticks in my mind as the number of cars fielded in a race. So what gives?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/6848066 :secret:

G 05-24-2007 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tim03mach (Post 800025)

So easy a Caveman could figure it out.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...armysoeasy.jpg

birdman941 05-24-2007 10:23 PM

And, once again, Michael Waltrip FAILS to make the race.
Bill Elliott, made the race in the 21 car,
and did not need to use a provisional.
Take THAT Benedict Jarrett! :loser:

Thunderbolt 05-24-2007 11:12 PM

It makes that commercial with Michael Waltrip, Dale Jarrett, and Sammy Hagar all the funnier.

"Could you turn the volume lower?" "Sure, could you drive alittle faster". :31:

Blackpony04 05-24-2007 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 800045)
And, once again, Michael Waltrip FAILS to make the race.
Bill Elliott, made the race in the 21 car,
and did not need to use a provisional.
Take THAT Benedict Jarrett! :loser:

Unfortunately Jarrett finally made a race on speed as he qualified 23rd. :headbang:

G 05-25-2007 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackpony04 (Post 800078)
Unfortunately Jarrett finally made a race on speed as he qualified 23rd. :headbang:

Not to mention, Blaney is 8th with a very fast car again. He is the class of the Toyota teams. :smokin:

falcongtho3 05-25-2007 07:23 AM

NASCAR.com finally got it all sorted out and got the owners points entries and so forth put right. It had Mikey in, ahead of Carl and Biffle. By the time the owners points entries got figured in he was out. I hate seeing those two Roush cars so far back, but Kennseth has our back up front. Interesting to see JJ and Gordon startin gso far back, and Martins qualified in even though word was that he was the back up driver for Gordons baby-watch.

machths 05-25-2007 07:38 AM

What an unbelievable jerk! I'm sick of this Jeff Gordon clown! Who the hell does he think he is? He actually puts his family before racing? What a horrible, horrible person! And he's GAY!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/6847728

gvervoren 05-26-2007 09:15 PM

First off, I'm not a Hendricks fan but I don't hate them. For all the haters out there complaining about Hendricks being able to test the COTs more then the other teams was beyond NASCARs control. It seems that Gibbs, Hendricks, and Childress were doing extra testing but they were doing it outside of NASCARs rules. Meaning they were doing them on tires purchased from other teams and on tracks not sanctioned by NASCAR. Therefore, they gave themselves the advantage, NOT NASCAR!!!! It just seems that the other crew cheifs and team owners didn't think of it and now they are paying the price. At least that is what I get out of this article.

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/head...ing/index.html

Blackpony04 05-26-2007 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machths (Post 800150)
What an unbelievable jerk! I'm sick of this Jeff Gordon clown! Who the hell does he think he is? He actually puts his family before racing? What a horrible, horrible person! And he's GAY!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/6847728

LMAO! Is that sarcasm I smell in the air?!? :D

falcongtho3 05-27-2007 07:42 AM

Good job by Kasey on the strong Busch win last night. Don't know what happened to Matt late in the race. He seemed to be in contention, and then when backwards really fast (although not as fast as Robbie Gordon...that was bizarre!).

04VAMach1 05-27-2007 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 800973)
Good job by Kasey on the strong Busch win last night. Don't know what happened to Matt late in the race. He seemed to be in contention, and then when backwards really fast (although not as fast as Robbie Gordon...that was bizarre!).

Maybe NASCAR reminded them of their assigned finishing order :D