2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Accessories - Non Performance type add-ons (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   modifications questions.... (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=136473)

Waylander 05-25-2018 05:26 PM

modifications questions....

Nothing serious at the moment - need to get rid of my current ride before even getting to the stage of buying a Mach, let alone modding one!! :31:

I was just a little curious and wondered if anyone had switched out the mach seats for a set of heated and cooled items (S550 has them as do quite a few Mercedes). Assuming that the dimensions work (and I do appreciate that you'd have to probably custom fit seat runners) would this be possible?

03mach1 05-28-2018 11:50 AM

Re: modifications questions....

Anything is possible, but the seat tracks and size are probably a little different, and running extra wiring, etc... for the heating and not sure about cooling aspect of them and how it would hook to the a/c system if it does for cooling?

DSG2003Mach1 05-28-2018 01:01 PM

The cooled part is via ducts and fans from the AC system, I don’t see that being so doable

Waylander 05-29-2018 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSG2003Mach1 (Post 1631264)
The cooled part is via ducts and fans from the AC system, I don’t see that being so doable

ahhhhh - ignorance strikes again! lol Thanks for that - I thought that the cooling side of things was just a couple of thin fans. A little thought :PS: should have made me realise that the fans would just blow air (warm/cold) around - not actually cool your *** a little :23:

I will admit that I do still like the thought of heated seats though. I'm currently in the process of selling my SLK55 which has heated seats with 'airscarf' (blows hot air around your neck - lovely for those cool/cold mornings!).

DSG2003Mach1 05-29-2018 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waylander (Post 1631286)
ahhhhh - ignorance strikes again! lol Thanks for that - I thought that the cooling side of things was just a couple of thin fans. A little thought :PS: should have made me realise that the fans would just blow air (warm/cold) around - not actually cool your *** a little :23:

I will admit that I do still like the thought of heated seats though. I'm currently in the process of selling my SLK55 which has heated seats with 'airscarf' (blows hot air around your neck - lovely for those cool/cold mornings!).

ha, ya if you look just about every vehicle that has cooled seats has a center console to hide the AC vent so the fan is directly picking up cold air and not whatever temp air is down there on the floor.

the air scarf is interesting, never heard of it before but heated seats are nice, when my wife got he fusion he main demand was heated seats