2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Power Adders (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Eaton Swap..... (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=71833)

BADTGR 02-11-2009 03:19 PM

Re: Eaton Swap.....

Holy crap this is a HUGE post! So, cut to the chase...how much for an Eaton swap? This post is too long to read :12:

Scott McClure 02-11-2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADTGR (Post 1110090)
Holy crap this is a HUGE post! So, cut to the chase...how much for an Eaton swap? This post is too long to read :12:

Too bad. Read it. Next thing you know you'll want someone to come over to your house and install it.:anger:

Reloaded 02-11-2009 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott McClure (Post 1110107)
Too bad. Read it. Next thing you know you'll want someone to come over to your house and install it.:anger:

I DID have someone come over to the house to help install it... Seeing as how he had done 2 or 3 already. :smack:

Cost varies greatly depending on what kind of deal you can get. But from what I have seen, complete to mostly complete kits that people sell go anywhere from $2800 to $3500. Spend some time finding the parts used and I'm sure you could do it cheaper.

machgsxr 02-11-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Good answer. :23: I was thinking of something to say.

What's with current/former mach owners with a shitty attitude. Getting all huffy puffy over the internet and start calling people a bunch of names. Ive seen several mach owners this past week acting like fools.

Reloaded 02-11-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machgsxr (Post 1110112)
Good answer. :23: I was thinking of something to say.

What's with current/former mach owners with a shitty attitude. Getting all huffy puffy over the internet and start calling people a bunch of names. Ive seen several mach owners this past week acting like fools.

Sure it's only been the past week? :12:

GAZ 02-11-2009 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang92 (Post 1109846)
Nice numbers. Is that stock pulleys, unported eaton?

Bill

It's a unported Eaton with a 3.10 upper, stock lower, Billetflow idler/snubber pulley, C&L Intake, K&N conical 10" Filter, EGR Delete. Everything else is just as the list on here goes.

GAZ 02-11-2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machgsxr (Post 1109869)
I think he has an upper pulley, but regardless, that's the highest torque # ive seen so far.

Very nice Greg. Ill be calling to hear about the drive home.

Hi Archie, I havent got to drive it much. We trailered it to Denver to my tuner and just got home from trailering it back. Crapy weather here, not able to drive it yet. Just a little down in Denver last night. But Holy Sh** does it rip. The Torque numbers Go above 400ftlbs before I hit 2300rpm then climb to the max 445.1 at about 3800 rpm and stay above 400ftlbs till 5700rpm. Theres more to the story so give me a ring sometime. And again THANKS for all your help. I also have some parts left over that maybe someone may be interested in.

BADTGR 02-11-2009 11:28 PM

Quote:

That would be my next post :butt:

Azure04Mach 02-17-2009 01:09 PM

I know there is alot of info in the thread. And i am seriously thinking about doing this before summer. I had a couple questions sorry if they were already addressed but i did not see them. First what kind of pressure are you running with a stock pulley. And is that safe for the bottom end indefinatly with the higher compression ratio of the mach engine? Also I have read where some people say the the cobra full tank and pumps are optional. And also are headers req. or can you keep stock? Just a couple questions thanks.

Reloaded 02-17-2009 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure04Mach (Post 1112951)
I know there is alot of info in the thread. And i am seriously thinking about doing this before summer. I had a couple questions sorry if they were already addressed but i did not see them. First what kind of pressure are you running with a stock pulley. And is that safe for the bottom end indefinatly with the higher compression ratio of the mach engine? Also I have read where some people say the the cobra full tank and pumps are optional. And also are headers req. or can you keep stock? Just a couple questions thanks.

A stock pulley should see right around 8psi.
With a proper tune, it's "safe". But of course, boosting an N/A engine without forged internals like this, there is always room for it to blow up.
As long as you run a pump that can handle the flow of fuel needed, then no the Cobra tank/pumps is not necessary. Some run the GT pump.
Headers are not required.

xXAzureMach1Xx 02-18-2009 06:24 PM

So you can run 1 GT pump with just the 8 psi or so and be fine?

Mustang92 02-19-2009 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXAzureMach1Xx (Post 1113681)
So you can run 1 GT pump with just the 8 psi or so and be fine?

I don't see why not. I ran the 255lph pump in my car with the P1SC kit that saw mostly about 8psi and the GT pump out flows that.

Bill

Ran624 02-21-2009 01:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So i went to the dyno and this is what i got with the sae correction i like the A/F it looks good.. i had to photoshop the tq cuz it was to light..

nickster 02-21-2009 07:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
good numbers,here is my setup my own pully bridgeon a mach timming cover

nickster 02-21-2009 07:12 AM

the mach alt attaches in reverse down by the little idler above the crank

nickster 02-22-2009 09:28 AM

will post some finished pics when it is all done:claus:

Mustang92 03-01-2009 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickster (Post 1114930)
good numbers,here is my setup my own pully bridgeon a mach timming cover

Nice. That's thinking outside the box.

ninety2pony 03-02-2009 08:48 AM

ok.. im finishing up the install on my eaton and i got a question.. if i run the iat2 sensor.. do i have to run the iat sensor in the cai? second.. wtf does the iat sensor look like and im assuming there is no wiring for it in our machs originally? little help thanks, id like to button this up today

nickster 03-02-2009 10:14 AM

answer is in the first few post of this thread somewhere

Reloaded 03-02-2009 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninety2pony (Post 1118735)
ok.. im finishing up the install on my eaton and i got a question.. if i run the iat2 sensor.. do i have to run the iat sensor in the cai? second.. wtf does the iat sensor look like and im assuming there is no wiring for it in our machs originally? little help thanks, id like to button this up today

No you will not run the IAT in the intake pipe. There is no wiring for it if you run the IAT2. The IAT sensor looks like an engine coolant temp sensor basically. IAT2 looks much different.

ninety2pony 03-02-2009 08:12 PM

thanks

sirwrench1 03-18-2009 12:52 AM

Ok I've read the installation but what happened to the knock sensors after the embossments were cutdown? Are the relocated? Just left off? If that's the case isn't that a bit risky? You've taken away a safety protection device and now running a major risk of detination. Or are you relying on a proper tune for protction?

machgsxr 03-18-2009 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirwrench1 (Post 1125756)
Ok I've read the installation but what happened to the knock sensors after the embossments were cutdown? Are the relocated? Just left off? If that's the case isn't that a bit risky? You've taken away a safety protection device and now running a major risk of detination. Or are you relying on a proper tune for protction?

The knock sensors MUST be turned off in the tune, otherwise it will throw a code. They are removed and left off. A proper tune is all im relying on. The cobras don't have knock sensors, so that's something to think about.

xXAzureMach1Xx 03-31-2009 12:35 AM

Have a question. Are the belt tensioner on the mach 1 timing cover, the same as the cobra?

ninety2pony 03-31-2009 08:48 PM

no.. the mach is a one bolt and the cobra is a 3 bolt.