2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Engine & Drivetrain (Including trans & rear axles) (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Hanging/Slow dropping RPM FIX inside. (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18330)

machman8 12-04-2006 12:58 PM

Re: Hanging/Slow dropping RPM FIX inside.

no,i didnt think id need it cause alot of members here didnt leave it on and apparently had no problems,should i try it with the screen???

NC Mach 1 12-06-2006 07:29 AM

Well it wouldn't hurt to try. But there have been many posts here of people having problems with it removed and even having problems if the screen is not turned a certain way.

Yea, go figure. A sensitive mass air sensor I guess.

ShakinIt 01-06-2007 03:06 PM

nc mach 1, I just ordered one of your plates from eBay; very nice piece and quick shipping BTW, thanks!

but; I installed the plate and started the car; the RPMs dropped to about 1100, for a little bit, then it stalled. It did this several times, always stalling. Any recommendation on what size to make the hole? I have an auto, with K&N FIPK, catless MAC ProChamber and Magnaflow exhaust.

Thanks!

FordMan 01-06-2007 03:57 PM

Mine did that at first, so I tried first enlarging the smaller hole on mine to 5/16", which improved the idle somewhat, and finally to 11/32" which worked perfectly.

zincmach03 01-07-2007 11:31 PM

NC Mach, I just placed bid on one of your IAC Plates, man I am glad you have these for sale I am not artistic at all and definitaly would have messed something up :LAUGH:

Thanks man cant wait to get it, its defintaly worth the money.

Matthew

NC Mach 1 01-08-2007 08:34 AM

Thank you Matthew. :)

It would be difficult to make one at home using this thick stainless. A lot of people dont realize how stiff they are till they get them.

Anyone who buys my plates and uses Paypal I usually ship that day, if its before 3pm. I know how we all hate waiting.;)

Dennis

STLMachSpeed03 01-10-2007 08:31 AM

Just sent payment Dennis on the IAC Restrictor Plate.

Thanks for taking the time to sell these.

Eric :CHEERS:

Sublimemach 01-10-2007 11:18 PM

ok well i also bought a iac plate from you.. when will i get it.. i paid on 12/20/06?????

FordMan 01-11-2007 07:56 AM

I thought I had a post in here asking if was Donathan or NC Mach 1 that you ordered a IAC plate from, but I had a M1M senility moment. :MADNOEL:

I have ordered from both of these members in the past, a set of FRPP 4.10's from donathan and a IAC plate from NC Mach 1, and they were both stand-up sellers. PM NC Mach 1 about your order, and I am sure he'll make good on it. PayPal (if you paid by that means) will have a record of the transaction.

NC Mach 1 01-12-2007 02:31 PM

I have another one on its way. When I get home I will send you the USPS tracking number.

This happens all the time. USPS looses the **** things and it didn't any good whatsever if you had a return addy or not. I even started taping up the open tab on the envelope thinking they were getting caught in their machines.

SublimeMach, please I know how you feel. If you like, I will refund you your money once I see its been delivered.

But this is not the place to air out problems. I have no control over the US Mail.

Dennis

G 01-12-2007 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NC Mach 1 (Post 726932)
I have another one on its way. When I get home I will send you the USPS tracking number.

This happens all the time. USPS looses the **** things and it didn't any good whatsever if you had a return addy or not. I even started taping up the open tab on the envelope thinking they were getting caught in their machines.

SublimeMach, please I know how you feel. If you like, I will refund you your money once I see its been delivered.

But this is not the place to air out problems. I have no control over the US Mail.

Dennis

Nice way to handle that. :THUMBSUP:
I know you got a bunch of satisfied customers here and you can't control the shipper.

I just noticed you use SS for the plates. Is it because you have access to scrap/surplus SS? I've made about 25 now over the last 3 years out of 6061 aluminum because I have access to it at the shop via the scrap bin. Do you see any benefit with the SS over the aluminum?

NC Mach 1 01-12-2007 05:23 PM

Geoff,

Since I work where there is every kind of metal to be thought of I just use the SS since it burns so clean and fast on the lasers.
Also for the given thickness Im using it is very rigid vs using the aluminum where I would need thicker material.

But there is not one thing wrong with the 6061 or as far as that goes you can make them out of nothing but gasket material.

I have thought about making some of them and not charging as much but theres something about holding the piece of stainless that looks and feels better.:)

Im just glad they work cause my Mach would actually increase 100 rpms before it would slowly drop when I would go thru the gears.
Just didn't feel like any muscle car I had every driven.:yeh:

Take care and Mach On.

Sublimemach 01-12-2007 08:04 PM

thanks man.. im not in anyway pissed at all lol.. dont worry.. im not unhappy.. i was jw when i would get it lol... i got it today.. about 3 weeks.. not bad.. at least they didnt lose it lol.. thanks alot..

and btw.. my mach is auto.. should i install it now? i read on some that it would not work for auto as good? is this true?

G 01-12-2007 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NC Mach 1 (Post 727040)
Geoff,

Im just glad they work cause my Mach would actually increase 100 rpms before it would slowly drop when I would go thru the gears.
Just didn't feel like any muscle car I had every driven.:yeh:

Take care and Mach On.

You got that right. I test drove a f/s 04 Mach1 the other day. I couldn't stand it. Without the IAC and MGW shifter it felt crappy. :27:

HaHa, the 6061 is easier in my low tech shop. :LAUGH:

ShakinIt 01-15-2007 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SublimeMach (Post 727144)
thanks man.. im not in anyway pissed at all lol.. dont worry.. im not unhappy.. i was jw when i would get it lol... i got it today.. about 3 weeks.. not bad.. at least they didnt lose it lol.. thanks alot..

and btw.. my mach is auto.. should i install it now? i read on some that it would not work for auto as good? is this true?

you most likely will have an issue. I did, kept stalling; gotta make the small hole bigger.

jdoug 01-15-2007 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShakinIt (Post 729187)
you most likely will have an issue. I did, kept stalling;

Me too. I never did put it back in.

STLMachSpeed03 01-17-2007 08:58 AM

Got mine in the mail yesterday and just installed it. I like it.

P.S. Is there a wrong way to install this restrictor? Which port gets the restricted hole?

bschubarg 01-17-2007 11:36 AM

Although I didn't have the severity of others when it came to RPM hanging, I did notice a longer than usual RPM hang between shifts.

Since the price was right and quality looks good I figured it couldn't hurt.

It took all of about 10 minutes to install.

RESULTS: Upon startup, the RPM is about the same as far as high RPM then going to low RPM. The difference is that it goes to lower RPM about a half second sooner.

During shifts, the car really didn't exhibit much of a hang either. However, just like the startup, between shifts the RPM goes lower somewhat sooner.

I can certainly see where this would be a great benefit for those experiencing "RPM Hang".

I am not disappointed whatsoever especially when it comes price and quality.
It works.

The only MAJOR issue I have is that the only color you can get is Stainless Steel. I was hoping to get mine in Comp Orange!!!

NC Mach 1 01-17-2007 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bschubarg (Post 730111)

The only MAJOR issue I have is that the only color you can get is Stainless Steel. I was hoping to get mine in Comp Orange!!!

LOL:LAUGH: Well I could powder coat them, but I figured you see so little of it. But your the first.:)

But actually that "color" is the way stainless steel is.
No attempt was made to get that color. Thats nakid stainless.

STLMachSpeed03 01-17-2007 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bschubarg (Post 730111)
Although I didn't have the severity of others when it came to RPM hanging, I did notice a longer than usual RPM hang between shifts.

Since the price was right and quality looks good I figured it couldn't hurt.

It took all of about 10 minutes to install.

RESULTS: Upon startup, the RPM is about the same as far as high RPM then going to low RPM. The difference is that it goes to lower RPM about a half second sooner.

During shifts, the car really didn't exhibit much of a hang either. However, just like the startup, between shifts the RPM goes lower somewhat sooner.

I can certainly see where this would be a great benefit for those experiencing "RPM Hang".

I am not disappointed whatsoever especially when it comes price and quality.
It works.

Went out and had a really good test drive this morning. The way I had it installed was that I had the restricted hole on the right port and the open hole on the left. I pulled out of my street and could tell the difference right away. So I continued on my way down the main drag to the first stop light. When I came to a stop the RPM's were hanging right around 1500 RPM. So I was like "well ****". So I turned around and made my way back home. I took it back apart and decided to switch the holes around and put the restricted hole on the left(driver side)and put the open hole on the right (passenger). So I did this and went back out. It ran a ton better this time! No RPM hanging at all! I really do love this thing. It's makes my 4 - 5 shifts alot smoother when getting on this highway. It takes away that fall - on - face feeling when I shift to 5th. All in all it's a great purchace! Kudo's to NC Mach 1 !!

NC Mach 1 01-17-2007 02:52 PM

Wait a minute. Your saying your IAC has the two holes vertical and not horizontal from each other?

Yea even in my '03 it will idle high untill it gets up to temp.

STLMachSpeed03 01-17-2007 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NC Mach 1 (Post 730198)
Wait a minute. Your saying your IAC has the two holes vertical and not horizontal from each other?

Yea even in my '03 it will idle high untill it gets up to temp.

Sorry. Yes they are Horizontal to each other.

I ran the car both times warmed up to temp.

Sublimemach 01-17-2007 11:19 PM

on the auto's.. how do i make the hole bigger? and why?

and another thing.. is there any pics of how to install it, which side the small hole goes on? thanks

G 01-17-2007 11:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SublimeMach (Post 730531)
on the auto's.. how do i make the hole bigger? and why?

and another thing.. is there any pics of how to install it, which side the small hole goes on? thanks

Several good threads here and on the interthingy.

pic below

zincmach03 01-18-2007 12:08 AM

Got mine the other day, very quick shipping only took like three days. The quality is outstanding, I never could have made one this good. I really like the ss it looks like it could have been a genuine ford part!