2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Brakes & Suspension (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Anyone remove the ABS Bosch pump? (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=52548)

Phil 07-15-2006 08:35 PM

Anyone remove the ABS Bosch pump?

Looking into removing and re-routing brake lines.

Jester 07-15-2006 10:12 PM

Re: Anyone remove the ABS Bosch pump?

No, but it looks really heavy.

Phil 07-15-2006 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester
No, but it looks really heavy.

LoL!! Your right Mike, it looks like a tumor stuck on my Mach's right lower front radiator...

Silverstangs 07-16-2006 12:50 AM

I have done that on one car when the pump failed due to user error... we basically just made short pieces to connect the lines. It only took about 15~20 minutes to do. It was Really easy to follow, but we did get codes kicked up and the check engine light.

Phil 07-17-2006 08:40 AM

Anyone know the fitting/thread size of the brake lines going into the Bosch ABS pump??

Silverstangs 07-17-2006 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil
Anyone know the fitting/thread size of the brake lines going into the Bosch ABS pump??

I'll get that for you when I get home...

JTCOBRA 07-17-2006 05:22 PM

Phil we have bypassed it on several cars now just by connecting
the lines together . it is about 16# if I remember right not
sure if that was with or with out bracket .

see ya JEFF

Phil 07-17-2006 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverstangs
I'll get that for you when I get home...

Thanks Silverstangs!

Phil 07-18-2006 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTCOBRA
Phil we have bypassed it on several cars now just by connecting
the lines together . it is about 16# if I remember right not
sure if that was with or with out bracket .

see ya JEFF

Jeff,

What size Tee connectors/unions did you use to reconnect the brake lines?
Not sure what the bracket is your referring to..??

Phil 07-19-2006 02:41 PM

I removed the ABS pump today and will take to work to find out the thread sizes. There are 2 different size ports, both seem to be metric..

I will need to get 2 female brake tube tees. One for front and one for the rear. I went to NAPA with the pump and they had nothing I could use..

The Bosch ABS pump with bracket weighs 9.7 lbs.

Phil 07-20-2006 01:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The 5 smaller brake line ports on the ABS pump are 10m x 1.0 and the one larger right rear brake line port is 12m x 1.0 I made a small manifold/junction box out of T-6061 and will install later on today..

I just copied how the top of the ABS pump is with the 4 brake lines on top & the 2 master cylinder lines on the side. The ABS pump is labled LF, RF which is the 2 bottom ports (looking at the 1st pic). LR, RR are the 2 top ports, RR being the larger port.
I will see how the brakes work and I may have to install a manual brake proportional valve off the MC if I start to lock up the front skinnies..

Phil 07-20-2006 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder
Yeah......you might have to do it.

More than likely!!! I'll be looking into these because it's 10m x 1.0..

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

I did mess up on my discription of the brake routing. The 2 top side left ports are front left/left rear.. The 2 top right side ports are from the master cylinder Front/Rear, the rear being the larger port then the rest. The 2 side ports are front right/right rear.

It can confuse you the way it's labled on the ABS pump into thinking the 2 top right ports go to the brakes.

Since I have easy access to all brake lines with the ABS removed, now is a good time to remove all old brake fluid with my hand held vacuum pump.

Phil 07-21-2006 06:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I ended up making another brake manifold, I was not happy with one of the port threads it was giving me trouble when installing last night.

This manifold I labled with a letter punch set.

Phil 07-22-2006 09:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Brake manifold installed.

Bl00ByU 07-25-2006 05:00 PM

So how did the brake distribution block work for you, have you tried it yet?

Bl00ByU 07-25-2006 05:50 PM

Loyd

Phil 07-25-2006 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bl00ByU
So how did the brake distribution block work for you, have you tried it yet?

I have not been on the street/track yet. Mach is still in the air.. I have bleed the master cylinder and front brakes so far....

Phil 07-26-2006 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder
closest to furtherest! LOL

I don't have my rear brakes installed & I have a spacer inserted between the rear brake pads so I don't cause the piston to be pushed out. I just wanted to make sure I had no leaks at my manifold connection. I had to bleed the MC first because all fluid draind from it, just like bench bleeding before installing a new one. Once the rear is completed today, I will go thru the proper brake bleeding procedure. I did use my vacuum pump to get all the old fluid out of each brake line.

Having someone pump the brakes for you is the best.. The hand held vacuum pump works OK!