2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Mach 1 Specific Event(s) (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   ***Cancelled*** 2nd Annual 03-04 Mach 1 Showdown Event (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=75949)

Big Datty 03-02-2008 09:21 PM

Re: 2nd Annual 03-04 Mach 1 Showdown Event

I'm getting 1.32-1.34 60' times on my dot's.

USACUBS 03-04-2008 06:39 PM

Hey Phil
This is Steve from Illinois. I am looking forward to year two of this event! I had the BEST time last year and it can only be better as it gets bigger! The only problem I could see is the shattered right ankle that I am now trying to recover from. The plates and screws will make it stronger, but I hope that I will get full mobility back to do burnouts. Otherwise, I guess I'll need to fork out the money for line-loc. I finally got my 12.9 at my last track visit last season, but now with this, I hope I can still continue to improve. Having concessions and stuff at the track will be awesome too. It will make it easier for me to bring the kids and wife this year.

Thanks in advance for all of your hard work in setting up this event. It is only March and we have all summer to go, but I can't wait until September!!!

Steve Cacchione
03 Azure Blue Mach 1

Phil 03-04-2008 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USACUBS (Post 960196)
Hey Phil
This is Steve from Illinois. I am looking forward to year two of this event! I had the BEST time last year and it can only be better as it gets bigger! The only problem I could see is the shattered right ankle that I am now trying to recover from. The plates and screws will make it stronger, but I hope that I will get full mobility back to do burnouts. Otherwise, I guess I'll need to fork out the money for line-loc. I finally got my 12.9 at my last track visit last season, but now with this, I hope I can still continue to improve. Having concessions and stuff at the track will be awesome too. It will make it easier for me to bring the kids and wife this year.

Thanks in advance for all of your hard work in setting up this event. It is only March and we have all summer to go, but I can't wait until September!!!

Steve Cacchione
03 Azure Blue Mach 1

Hi Steve,

Glad to hear from you! I'm also glad to hear you will be here this year. Sorry to hear about your ankle, how did that happen?

USACUBS 03-08-2008 01:00 PM

Working at my gym, I fell through a ceiling putting in a second floor storage area. Took care of it pretty nicely, plates and screws, all that good stuff. I could send you the xray if I knew how. It's been 6 weeks since surgery, bones still not healed and the ligament needs a lot more time as well. I think racing could be EXCELLENT rehab for it though, if I can ever get clearance form the doctor to drive again! They hope the bone will heal in a couple more weeks, then it's rehab.

Big Datty 03-09-2008 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USACUBS (Post 962180)
Working at my gym, I fell through a ceiling putting in a second floor storage area. Took care of it pretty nicely, plates and screws, all that good stuff. I could send you the xray if I knew how. It's been 6 weeks since surgery, bones still not healed and the ligament needs a lot more time as well. I think racing could be EXCELLENT rehab for it though, if I can ever get clearance form the doctor to drive again! They hope the bone will heal in a couple more weeks, then it's rehab.

Just so you know, I don't charge to substitute race other peoples cars :23: :3amin:

USACUBS 03-12-2008 06:41 PM

Nice offer, but if I'm gonna get the car there from IL, I'm gonna DRIVE IT!! Of course, I do believe that my physical therapist would welcome me "rehabing" on several different machines...perhaps a white 9 sec. Mach 1 would do nicely...:worship:

Big Datty 03-12-2008 07:12 PM

Well it's a good thing I'm in the medical field as I work with PT's EVERY day. I am thinking that plantarflexing your foot is NOT a good idea. You hurt that baby again you may get an infection, then the next thing ya know it doesn't heel and guess what, your making an appointment to see ME! You DON'T wanna see me. I make artificial legs (and arms). So, to further my offer, I think you should just let ol Big Daddy race that car fer ya!!:3amin:

Linumup 03-12-2008 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Datty (Post 964399)
Well it's a good thing I'm in the medical field as I work with PT's EVERY day. I am thinking that plantarflexing your foot is NOT a good idea. You hurt that baby again you may get an infection, then the next thing ya know it doesn't heel and guess what, your making an appointment to see ME! You DON'T wanna see me. I make artificial legs (and arms). So, to further my offer, I think you should just let ol Big Daddy race that car fer ya!!:3amin:

Just stick an auto in it and he can drive it himself .

02mach1 03-13-2008 03:55 AM

auto is way to go:claus:

Big Datty 03-13-2008 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 964648)
auto is way to go:claus:

I found that out the HARd way man, I use a th 400 now with no problems!

Phil 03-13-2008 12:32 PM

Damm autos, might have to make a special class, LOL!

Non shifting Mo Fo's Mach class

wigsite 03-13-2008 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder (Post 964788)
ALL THE OTHER CLASSES CAN BE CALLED
SLOWAZZ MOFO MACH CLASS!:23:

Maybe a bench racing class for all the non running MO FO's :butt:

Phil 03-13-2008 04:44 PM

I want to see a bunch of Mo Fo Mach 1's at this years event...!!!

Phil 03-30-2008 09:53 AM

We will have a special trophy for (one) Mach 1 that is running in any of our showdown classes during this event. This will be a drivers choice award for the best all around Mach 1 street machine. This would include, appearance, technical modification designs, performance and reliability.

All Mach 1 class entry drivers will vote thru out the day. I will have a box set up at Dave Wagners vendors tent/booth for you to put your voting slip into. During the morning tech inspection, you will be handed an index card and sometime before end of event/day, you will write down the number of your favorite Mach 1.

Linumup 03-30-2008 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 973143)
We will have a special trophy for (one) Mach 1 that is running in any of our showdown classes during this event. This will be a drivers choice award for the best all around Mach 1 street machine. This would include, appearance, technical modification designs, performance and reliability.

All Mach 1 class entry drivers will vote thru out the day. I will have a box set up at Dave Wagners vendors tent/booth for you to put your voting slip into. During the morning tech inspection, you will be handed an index card and sometime before end of event/day, you will write down the number of your favorite Mach 1.

If certain Machs show up this will be a difficult decision .
Nice extra added feature .

Linumup 03-30-2008 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder (Post 973150)
NS BUCKWHEAT!

Ya know if you stop peckering around here and go work on that ride of yours you may just get it done in time for this event . :butt: :23:

Cage done yet ?

Phil 04-20-2008 03:15 PM

OK Ladies & Gentlemen!!! I hope we can get a nice showing for this years event.

For the Mach 1 drivers that are planning on entering, please start making your entry fee payments as soon as you can. The same goes for open track Mustangs.

Also, I would like for all members that agreed to throw in additional money towards the $800 insurance fee to make payment as soon as you can.

The track is in my name and if we do not get at least 28 paid Mach 1 drivers by August 18th, then this event will be cancelled.

Phil 04-20-2008 03:45 PM

All Mustangs are welcome to run during our open track times. Which will be from 9:00am - 1:00pm. Then the Mach 1 shootout classes will begin, will take about 2-2.5 hrs. Then remaining time will be open track until 5:00pm. The cost is $40 to open track Mustangs, hope to see you there!

Phil

mach1coastie 04-23-2008 04:29 PM

i wanna go to this even so bad i can taste it, but i called the wonderful state of ohio the other day and found my license is still suspended for another 5 years tn that crap hole state. i guess thats what you get for tryin to go home and visit your family after 6 months of bein away from home in the military.

mstng680365 04-24-2008 07:42 PM

it's a bummer that the showdown is so far away. There should be a west coast showdown in 09' haha

Phil 04-24-2008 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mach1coastie (Post 984977)
i wanna go to this even so bad i can taste it, but i called the wonderful state of ohio the other day and found my license is still suspended for another 5 years tn that crap hole state. i guess thats what you get for tryin to go home and visit your family after 6 months of bein away from home in the military.

Damm, 5 yrs!!! That's longer then I ever been suspended for. I'm not going to ask why. Just stay safe and it's good to hear your in the military.. If there is any way that a buddy or one of us can drive your Mustang to the track, let us know!

Phil 04-24-2008 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstng680365 (Post 985589)
it's a bummer that the showdown is so far away. There should be a west coast showdown in 09' haha

I'm sure that will take place next year!