2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   How much is it worth (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=136376)

rascal 03-05-2018 06:36 PM

How much is it worth

Hi all i'm looking at a 2003 Black Mach1 with just a little over 10,000 miles and wanted to know how much you all think it is worth. I want to make him a fair offer. He is a private seller.

Its all original with the IUP upgrade and manual trans.

Thanks. I was an original owner back in 2003 but sold it after 2 years due to hard times.

Thanks.
Glenn

AlloyPony 03-05-2018 08:28 PM

Re: How much is it worth

With 10,000 on the clock I'm assuming the condition of the car is like new. In that case, prices are all over the map. I've seen them sell for $12,000 like that and I've seen people asking close to $20,000 for a specimen like that as well, though I don't know if they ever got that kind of money. It's really a crap shoot at that point. What it's worth is what you're willing to give.

Personally, if I had the money I'd feel pretty good paying anywhere under $15,000 for it. I wouldn't go more because then you're getting into medium-mileage 5.0 Coyote car territory. Just my two cents.

Thunderbolt 03-06-2018 12:42 PM

I didn't have any idea what 5.0's are selling for right now, but it looks like you can pick up a 30K mile one for right around $25K. So their's no way I'd offer high money for a low mileage Mach. He'll probably think it's an insult, but I would'nt offer more than $16K for the Mach. Anymore cash than that and you might as well get a 5.0. I guess it just depends what your ultimately interested in. Low production, unique old styling, or updated new style, dime-a dozen, and more power.

rascal 03-08-2018 08:57 PM

Thanks for the replies they are really appreciated. I know that prices are all over the map. The car looks new and has all original equipment.

I guess the appeal to me is that its a mach1 yet i know i can buy fairly new 5.0 mustangs which i have given a lot of thought to it. But i like the thoughts of owning something that not everybody owns.

He is asking 16,000 for it. Garage kept most of the time.

again thanks.
Glenn

Mike03Mach 03-09-2018 09:27 AM

It all depends on the person. I love the 99-04 mustangs and always wanted one. I don't think the price is bad for a very low mileage car. I just wish I would have looked around longer before I bought mine.

73mach03 03-20-2018 11:46 AM

You probably already decided what to do since the initial post, but if you get a real nice car that you thoroughly enjoy, the eventual price you pay will not matter all that much. I paid a bit more than the going price for my Mach 1 about 9 years ago and I have zero regrets. The car still turns heads, runs beautifully, and puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. The uniqueness of the Mach 1 and that shaker hood just never gets old.