2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Official Computer Questions Thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=57109)

MattN03 10-16-2007 11:09 PM

Re: Official Computer Questions Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 876181)
best way is to buy a backup external hard drive and use its backup software

I have a Maxtor external drive that I use as a secondary drive-it holds an extra copy of pics & music files mainly. Would using a program to ghost the hard drive allow a simple reload of all my programs and settings while deleting all the extra "junk" that slows down a pc over time?

65fastback2+2 10-16-2007 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattN03 (Post 876184)
I have a Maxtor external drive that I use as a secondary drive-it holds an extra copy of pics & music files mainly. Would using a program to ghost the hard drive allow a simple reload of all my programs and settings while deleting all the extra "junk" that slows down a pc over time?

yup yup

matab14 03-25-2008 09:47 AM

Alright some dirtbag stole some Sh*t from cubicle last night and Im pissed! haha.......I am lookin into getting a webcam that is motion activated. Doesnt nessecarily need to be wirless but would be a plus. Size is prob the most important. Want something I can hide obviously. My cube aint all that huge so dont need something with amazing resolution. Just something that gets the job done records this dumbasses face doing it next time! Any suggestions?

04VAMach1 03-25-2008 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matab14 (Post 970726)
Alright some dirtbag stole some Sh*t from cubicle last night and Im pissed! haha.......I am lookin into getting a webcam that is motion activated. Doesnt nessecarily need to be wirless but would be a plus. Size is prob the most important. Want something I can hide obviously. My cube aint all that huge so dont need something with amazing resolution. Just something that gets the job done records this dumbasses face doing it next time! Any suggestions?

Try here...they are owned by Logitech now.

You can also try something like this with a cheap webcam...I've used similar software to achieve decent results.

matab14 03-25-2008 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 (Post 970749)
Try here...they are owned by Logitech now.

You can also try something like this with a cheap webcam...I've used similar software to achieve decent results.

Thanks for the help Mike. That first link has got some pretty cool stuff. Especially that fake clock with camera built in. I prob leanin towards something more in the second link though. Thanks for the help though.

gbranton 10-08-2008 02:10 PM

Not too long ago I experienced a hard drive failure and lost some data. Now that I have built my new system I want to add a second internal hard drive (I got a extra one when they warrantied it). Is there any special software that I need or can I plug it in and go? When I am copying files to the second hard drive will it be as simple as moving files around on a single hdd? I am running XP. Thanks for your help.

RightTime 10-08-2008 03:56 PM

You didn't say if this was a mini-tower or laptop. I added a second HD to a tower a few years ago and it was a breeze. The power supply should have extra unused power plugs so pick one close to the HD your adding. Also there
will be a ribbon cable attached to the existing HD and it should have an unused connector, if not you may need to buy a new ribbon cable with extra inline connectors. Before starting you'll need to change the pinout on the back of the HD to make it the slave. It's a matter of moving a cover to expose the correct pinout for the slave setting.
There are lots of how-tos online here is just one.

http://www.helpwithpcs.com/upgrading...hard-drive.htm

gtrexstang 03-28-2009 04:30 PM

Computer worm alert

The new's ran a little piece on some worm that's going to affect microsoft programs on whoever's pc these hacker's decide to deliver it to, seem's they found a way to diguise it as an update, supposedly microsoft is offering a reward for the capture and conviction of these einsteins

c0nfl1kt 03-28-2009 04:35 PM

Re: Computer worm alert

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtrexstang (Post 1131328)
The new's ran a little piece on some worm that's going to affect microsoft programs on whoever's pc these hacker's decide to deliver it to, seem's they found a way to diguise it as an update, supposedly microsoft is offering a reward for the capture and conviction of these einsteins

Sounds about as true as when Faux News ran that nice, little Anonymous piece. That was a great troll.

Mikestang 06-20-2009 08:24 AM

New Pc

Ok i confess i should know more about this stuff since well it is my job
however I do not deal much with hardware everything we buy is underwarrenty so all i deal with is troubleshooting software and
most of it is custom stuff that is proprietary to the department

so I orderd a new computer first one in 7 years.
I built this one myself but had alot of issues when i just got
the parts and went for it.... was really a nightmare .........

So i orderd a turn key gaming system this time hopefuly it
i'll have no issues i am also kinda pissed i have to run vista 64 vs xp pro
good ol xp pro i know it like the back of my hand .......................

so this is the system i am having built note i have changed the original config from raid 0 to raid 1 after looking at some articles and deciding what was more important

so this is what i put together and now am waiting for .
i hate to wait but you can never get anything decent
off the shelf.......

Cyperpowerpc
Gamer Xtreme XT (NO MONITOR)

•*BASE_PRICE: [+1149]

•CAS: New! CoolerMaster Storm Scout Gaming Mid-Tower 420W Case w/ Transparent Side Panel [+40]

•CASUPGRADE: 12in COLD CATHODE NEON LIGHT [+10] (RED COLOR)

•CS_FAN: Extra 3-Color Neon Light LED Case Fan [+5] (2 x Fans [+5])

•POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts Power Supplies (CyberPowerPC XF800S Performance ATX 2.0 Power - Quad SLI Ready)

•CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-920 2.66 GHz 8M L3 Cache LGA1366

•FAN: Asetek Liquid CPU Cooling System (Extreme Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) •MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE X58 GA-EX58-UD3R 2 WAY CROSSFIRE/SLI DDR3

•MEMORY: 6GB (2GBx3) PC1333 DDR3 PC3 10666 Triple Channel Memory(Corsair)

•NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

•VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 1GB 16X PCI Express [-35] (EVGA Powered by NVIDIA [+5])

•MULTIVIEW: Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors

•SOUND: Creative Labs SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio 24-BIT PCI Sound Card [+64]

•USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

•HDD: Extreme Performance (RAID-1) with 4 Identical Hard Drives [+105] (2TB (500GBx4) SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+40])

•CD: (Special Price) LG 20X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (RED COLOR [+9])

•CD2: (Special Price) LG 20X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER [+8] (RED COLOR [+9])

•FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer [+10] (RED COLOR [+5])

•CARE: Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chasis with High Perormance Thermal Compound [+19]

•OS: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium w/ Service Pack 1 (64-bit Edition)

•FREEBIE_OS: FREE! (Halo 2) Game

•VC_GAMES: FREE GAME - Battle Stations ** Pacific **

•KEYBOARD: Logitech Deluxe 250 USB Keyboard (Black Color) [+2]

•MOUSE: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse

•_PRICE: (+1450)

I didnt get it set up for SLI but i can do it with just putting another card in it and doing some reconfiguring I traded that off for the Raid aray ........

jasionox666x 02-17-2010 10:07 AM

Ok. This thread has dust on it "pulls put swiffer"

First off, my computer knowledge is above average, but my troubleshooting skills are horrible because I start in the middle instead of the bottom and I'm just stumped with this one.

I got someones laptop recently. It's an Acer (go figure).
First thing wrong with it was that the screen didn't work. I looked up a hardware reset code and did it as the laptop booted up. Awesome!

I got the screen to work, but the keyboard doesn't work, mousepad doesn't respond either. The USB ports aren't being
recognized. Basically it sits there on the bootup screen and asks me to make a selection to either boot it in safe mode or do a system recovery. I can't click anything and I can't type with it so it automatically goes go system recovery and a dialogue box opens and asks me to click next to continue.

I've tried more than one mouse in each USB port. Not responding.

I see that they have a card expansion slot on the laptop. Should I try to get one with USB ports on it and see if it works?

Could there be a problem with the bios?
I don't want to flash the bios lol. Never done it.

Everything is hooked up, I checked. I don't know why the keys worked when resetting it to get the screen to work, and after the screen works the keys don't.

I've already done a data migration so whatever suggestion you have that wipes the whole thing is good.

Any suggestions?

Let me know if you need more information.

mstangtony 08-20-2014 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasionox666x (Post 1249161)
Ok. This thread has dust on it "pulls put swiffer"

First off, my computer knowledge is above average, but my troubleshooting skills are horrible because I start in the middle instead of the bottom and I'm just stumped with this one.

I got someones laptop recently. It's an Acer (go figure).
First thing wrong with it was that the screen didn't work. I looked up a hardware reset code and did it as the laptop booted up. Awesome!

I got the screen to work, but the keyboard doesn't work, mousepad doesn't respond either. The USB ports aren't being
recognized. Basically it sits there on the bootup screen and asks me to make a selection to either boot it in safe mode or do a system recovery. I can't click anything and I can't type with it so it automatically goes go system recovery and a dialogue box opens and asks me to click next to continue.

I've tried more than one mouse in each USB port. Not responding.

I see that they have a card expansion slot on the laptop. Should I try to get one with USB ports on it and see if it works?

Could there be a problem with the bios?
I don't want to flash the bios lol. Never done it.

Everything is hooked up, I checked. I don't know why the keys worked when resetting it to get the screen to work, and after the screen works the keys don't.

I've already done a data migration so whatever suggestion you have that wipes the whole thing is good.

Any suggestions?

Let me know if you need more information.

***WOW your right, dusting this post off, again. Id like to see this post keep going, but aparantly its not as useful or fun. haha. I am a tech as well, work for the Gov't Certified in Sec + and A+, to answer your question. So you tried booting into safemode at the DOS screen with all the options (F8 to make that menuy come up during bootup) and nothing works. I would just reset the BIOS, it wont hurt anything, just puts everything to default. if not. i would get a boot cd that takes you for a WINPE type of format. see if you can do anything threre. anywho those are my thoughts. and since your post is from long ago, you probably tossed the laptop away lol. good luck. ***

jasionox666x 02-28-2016 07:56 PM

Intel or AMD?

LMAO

Just got a GTX 980ti :D

311-420 02-28-2016 08:03 PM

Well, look who it is!

jasionox666x 02-28-2016 08:09 PM

It is I!

I passed up the chance to buy a beautiful Mystichrome Cobra, and now I want a new edge GT :(