2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning & Dyno Testing/Results (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Got the PRP package (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=130441)

stellasmechanic 01-24-2014 08:49 PM

Got the PRP package

Well I got my PRP from SCT today. I got my tune file from Justin at VMP so I am starting with the tune that I already know works.

Goal is to get my Cobra r intake cams in my wifes car tomorrow, make sure air/fuel is straight and it idles okay, and then hit the dyno to see what she will do.

This software is intense but I'm really looking forward to learning it.

DSG2003Mach1 01-24-2014 09:14 PM

Re: Got the PRP package

Ive got it too but have not started doing nearly enough with it, just havent made the time to dedicate to it

lcaptmorg 01-24-2014 09:19 PM

Its a long humbling road but worth it in the end I think. I really like knowing exactly what my car is doing and why. It has confused and frustrated the crap out of me but been satisfying all the same. If you don't already have Don Lasotas book The Ultimate Ford EFI Tuning Guide I highly recommend it. Good fundamental beginning and keep you from doing more harm than good. The CD is good to I hear but haven't seen it.

DSG2003Mach1 01-24-2014 09:27 PM

ya i was gonna grab the bannish tuning book bc its cheap then get the Lasota one.

Im half tempted to buy a beater *** V6 car that at least runs fine and cut my teeth on it...worst case I blow it up and get $500 at the junkyard

stellasmechanic 01-24-2014 09:53 PM

I'm cheating a little since justin sent me the tune I have been running for the last four years. I don't plan on doing any crazy modifications on this car so the learning curve should be pretty easy initially.

Really fuel, spark, RPM limit, and the ability to do dyno runs are what I wanted.

The best part is my buddy has been tuning for about ten years and is going to help out.

I'm sure I will be posting questions though before long.

DSG2003Mach1 01-24-2014 10:06 PM

i got a base tune with mine as well but it would required tweaking from the start as my MAF/MAF tube apparently doesnt have any solid value files out there and the guy supporting it does unlimited phone support...I just dont have any back roads Im comfortable doing 3rd gear WOT pulls to tune it (with the DRs I think third would hold but I dunno)

not a gt 01-24-2014 10:29 PM

You think DR's would hold in third ?...whoaa :machgod:

DSG2003Mach1 01-24-2014 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not a gt (Post 1571553)
You think DR's would hold in third ?...whoaa :machgod:

remember I also have different gearing with the 6speed and 4.10s out back on top of the ~600ish I expect on pump

stellasmechanic 01-25-2014 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSG2003Mach1 (Post 1571551)
i got a base tune with mine as well but it would required tweaking from the start as my MAF/MAF tube apparently doesnt have any solid value files out there and the guy supporting it does unlimited phone support...I just dont have any back roads Im comfortable doing 3rd gear WOT pulls to tune it (with the DRs I think third would hold but I dunno)

I'm on the stock MAF so i'm cheating even more :eyebrows:

My buddy is going to teach me and he has been doing it for ten years. The transmission tuning functions are what I want to learn.

DSG2003Mach1 01-25-2014 12:30 PM

Timing ramp and trans tuning definitely make a world of difference

watman02 02-08-2014 05:27 PM

the big thing is the maf tunning. spend the time and get that dialed in and youll be set!
it is time consuming and Don lasota's book was a great resource.

stellasmechanic 02-08-2014 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watman02 (Post 1573010)
the big thing is the maf tunning. spend the time and get that dialed in and youll be set!
it is time consuming and Don lasota's book was a great resource.

Running stock MAF so no real tuning needed on the MAF. Makes things a ton easier.

One benefit of staying N/A. The MAF transfer function usually doesn't need much tweaking.

SchwermoRacing 03-01-2014 01:47 PM

I have a stock MAF template from Lund. I'll see if I can find it. It's minimal changes except for some top end stuff.