2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Where to buy Motor and tranny mounts? (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=121020)

Machy uno 04-02-2012 11:21 AM

Where to buy Motor and tranny mounts?

Hey guys, need a quick reply so I can get these on order. Started my k-member install yesterday and have decided that while out I'll replace the worn out stock motor and tranny mounts. Anyone know where the best place to get some poly ones would be? I don't want to go solid, but was hoping someone knows where to get some decent ones at a reasonable price. Any ideas?

Mach828 04-02-2012 11:28 AM

Re: Where to buy Motor and tranny mounts?

Summit sells the energy suspension trans and motor mounts combo package for $200. Thats what I'd get if I was you. I'm running that trans mount and love it. I have solid motor mounts though.

DSG2003Mach1 04-02-2012 11:33 AM

for what its worth I just yanked a motor/k member with energy suspension poly mounts with around 10k miles on them and they were both beyond shot...for worse than my 85k mile stock mounts

Machy uno 04-02-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSG2003Mach1 (Post 1474079)
for what its worth I just yanked a motor/k member with energy suspension poly mounts with around 10k miles on them and they were both beyond shot...for worse than my 85k mile stock mounts

Wow, I hadn't heard that before. Stock power? Poly on both the engine and tranny mounts? I wouldn't expect that. I would think for the close to $225 you have to pay for both they would last for a decent amount of time.

DSG2003Mach1 04-02-2012 12:11 PM

~370 rwhp...havent looked at the trans mounts

Ill double check the part number if I didnt toss em to see exactly what they were but I was pretty surprised at their condition (they were installed by the previous owner but they couldnt be that bad, the metal parts were still pretty shiny new)

Machy uno 04-02-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSG2003Mach1 (Post 1474099)
~370 rwhp...havent looked at the trans mounts

Ill double check the part number if I didnt toss em to see exactly what they were but I was pretty surprised at their condition (they were installed by the previous owner but they couldnt be that bad, the metal parts were still pretty shiny new)

370 rwhp would put more pressure on the mounts during windup, but that doesn't seem excessivly high for what I'd expect mounts to handle. Afterall, these are usually only added on cars with more power anyway.

Mach828 04-02-2012 12:41 PM

Well if you decide against the motor mounts, then I'd do the trans mount for sure. It was one of my favorite mods, and really improved my shifting. And even felt like it helped with handling.

Machy uno 04-02-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach828 (Post 1474109)
Well if you decide against the motor mounts, then I'd do the trans mount for sure. It was one of my favorite mods, and really improved my shifting. And even felt like it helped with handling.

Called Ford to get pricing on mounts...Motor mount is 60.37 for the driver's and 58.56 for the passenger (or vice versa) and 74.78 for the tranny mount. Thats 193.71 + tax for the stockers. I was able to find the energy suspension kit shipped for $185.00. That was an easy decision now that I got the actual pricing. Didn't want to spend that much, but they were needed and the poly were cheaper. It's a garage queen and maybe sees 2k miles a year. Even if they wear out, it won't be for a few years at least. I'll rememeber to check on them when I'm under there doing oil changes in the future. Should be easy enough with the MM k-member.