2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Worst pain you have ever experienced. (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=136119)

Cooldbz12 07-29-2017 11:21 PM

Worst pain you have ever experienced.

I just had a abcess the size of a walnut lanced and packed. Oh my god i never want to go through it ever again, the pain was worst than a tooth infection or a 3rd degree ankle sprain i had a while back. I was cussing the whole time at 3am in the emergency room. I have to go back monday and get it unpacked and im dreading it.

Was just wondering, what was the worst pain you have gone through?

Example of kinda how mine happened. WARNING its disgusting

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rfyb9G1MdI

Thunderbolt 07-30-2017 12:44 AM

Re: Worst pain you have ever experienced.

It sounds like nothing, but having braces from when I was 12-14 was the worst pain I've ever had. My teeth were so messed up they had to tighten the wires to unreal tension to get my teeth to shift to the correct position. It felt like your head was in a vice being squeezed to death. I've had a broken ankle, my head into a windshield, and many minor surgeries, but nothing that hurt bad. I'm guessing the only thing that will top it will be my kidney transplant in the near future.

USMCWeatherMan 07-30-2017 07:54 AM

Kidney stone

RLWPA 07-30-2017 08:23 AM

Agree with the kidney stone; have had issues over the years but none as bad as that.

falcongtho3 07-30-2017 11:05 AM

Kidney stones. Had them for over 30 years.
It's 'kill me now, please' level pain.

:borg:

Thunderbolt 07-30-2017 12:34 PM

I knew a guy at work that was off work for at least a week and got really sick and couldn't figure out what the problem was. It turned out he had a kidney stone. Yeah, he said it was pretty bad.

Stormin Norman 07-30-2017 05:10 PM

Rotator cuff surgery!!

speeddemon0712 07-30-2017 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1627871)
It sounds like nothing, but having braces from when I was 12-14 was the worst pain I've ever had. My teeth were so messed up they had to tighten the wires to unreal tension to get my teeth to shift to the correct position. It felt like your head was in a vice being squeezed to death. I've had a broken ankle, my head into a windshield, and many minor surgeries, but nothing that hurt bad. I'm guessing the only thing that will top it will be my kidney transplant in the near future.

I haven't had a kidney stone, so I can't say. But yes, braces SUCKED!!! You can't really eat for a few days after getting them tightened, and you can just feel constant tension in your mouth. Lord that sucked! I remember them saying to chew sugar free gum to help with the pain, yeah that didn't do crap.

03BumbleBee 07-30-2017 07:43 PM

When I broke my collar bone in two places, and it came through the skin.

falcongtho3 07-30-2017 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormin Norman (Post 1627876)
Rotator cuff surgery!!

I feel ya. Having dislocated the same shoulder twice in three days, that is no walk in the park, either.

Still not kidney stone level, but not fun...more like other f word.

:borg:

01yellerCobra 07-30-2017 10:44 PM

When I was 13 or 14 I sliced my hand with a hedge trimmer. Cut my index, middle, and ring finger. But that didn't actually hurt so bad because the blades were just sharpened. What hurt was when I was in the hospital and they had to numb my fingers for the stitches. In order to do that they pulled the skin flaps back and injected the anesthetic into the wound. Oh, that was after they jabbed my fingers with a needle in order to check the nerves. I about lifted the 90lb nurse holding my arm down so I wouldn't punch the doctor.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Thunderbolt 07-31-2017 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooldbz12 (Post 1627870)
I just had a abcess the size of a walnut lanced and packed. Oh my god i never want to go through it ever again. I have to go back monday and get it unpacked and im dreading it.

I'm thinking the worst part is over for you. When I was in the military I got an infected small toe that got infected into the bone, so they had to cut the entire bone out of my small toe. Once the infected bone was gone the worst part was over. They had to pack and unpack the toe every other day for weeks. That didn't hurt at all. BTW, I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Cooldbz12 07-31-2017 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1627881)
I'm thinking the worst part is over for you. When I was in the military I got an infected small toe that got infected into the bone, so they had to cut the entire bone out of my small toe. Once the infected bone was gone the worst part was over. They had to pack and unpack the toe every other day for weeks. That didn't hurt at all. BTW, I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Ive been cleaning the area around the abcess twice a day, and as soon as a touch the piece of packing hangin out it freaking hurts so i hope your right. Im getting cold sweats just thinking of it.

ab_mach1 07-31-2017 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01yellerCobra (Post 1627880)
When I was 13 or 14 I sliced my hand with a hedge trimmer. Cut my index, middle, and ring finger. But that didn't actually hurt so bad because the blades were just sharpened. What hurt was when I was in the hospital and they had to numb my fingers for the stitches. In order to do that they pulled the skin flaps back and injected the anesthetic into the wound. Oh, that was after they jabbed my fingers with a needle in order to check the nerves. I about lifted the 90lb nurse holding my arm down so I wouldn't punch the doctor.

Lol yeah shots in the fingers hurts like a mofo. I cut the tip of my finger nearly off with a box knife one time. There was a lot of blood and it wasn't really that painful, being a fresh blade helped I'm sure. When they lifted what was left up and put a couple numbing shots in there, I thought I was gonna jump into next week lol. I wasn't expecting it, that's for sure.

HAEG 07-31-2017 07:40 AM

Worse pain ever.

Married 22 years!!

fastlane 07-31-2017 08:14 AM

I cut off my left index finger when I was 11 and I thought that was some intense pain until I experienced the joy of diverticulitis. I had a severe case that caused a perforation. The 4 days of pain were so excruciating that I couldn't move, forget about standing up. I literally thought I was going to die.

Cooldbz12 07-31-2017 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAEG (Post 1627887)
Worse pain ever.

Married 22 years!!

Haha reminded me of that scene in The Hot Shots movie

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GvyakoiU0zA

Mach351 07-31-2017 10:57 AM

ya, the third ring of marriage

ring 1: the engagement ring
ring 2: the wedding ring
ring 3: the suffer-ring
_

FordMan 07-31-2017 11:30 AM

Knee dislocation, particularly the "putting it back into place".

I feel very fortunate at my advanced age to have had that be the worst!

Cooldbz12 07-31-2017 06:16 PM

Just got it out guys , Didnt feel a thing besides a little sting when they first started pulling on it. THANK GOD!

TKat13 08-01-2017 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooldbz12 (Post 1627897)
Just got it out guys , Didnt feel a thing besides a little sting when they first started pulling on it. THANK GOD!

glad to hear, hate pain in my mouth but with all the above stories, I cannot even come close. You guys are rough.

My closest was the next morning after a motorcycle wreck, I got hit from behind while doing 50 and went flipping with the bike. (lady was 40 and texting, knew better) First day was ok, just sore, then the next morning I jump out of bed normally and just collapsed to the ground, slowly crawled back into to bed and called in sick. Pain from my neck, ribs, knees and feet. But, still nothing like the stories above.

HAEG 08-01-2017 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach351 (Post 1627890)
ya, the third ring of marriage

ring 1: the engagement ring
ring 2: the wedding ring
ring 3: the suffer-ring
_

The Suffer-ring.... lol

69GT 08-01-2017 11:51 AM

Kidney stone for sure. I remember laying on the floor thinking death would be ok at that point.

ab_mach1 08-01-2017 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69GT (Post 1627907)
Kidney stone for sure. I remember laying on the floor thinking death would be ok at that point.

Haha this reminds me of Farris Bueller's Day off "When Cameron was in Egypt's land..." :laugh::23:

JDraper 08-01-2017 07:25 PM

Kidney stone for sure. Have had all sorts of broken/sprained/strained body parts, stitches galore, torn up knees, etc..but NOTHING even comes close to a kidney stone.