2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Power Adders (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Custom Intake Carbureted & Nitrous Setup (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=76408)

torched04 03-01-2008 09:30 PM

Re: Custom Intake Carbureted & Nitrous Setup

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 958811)
Thanks for the info and it looks good. I will be going that route. Why -12an outlets on the sump, that is monsterous!!!!????

I am doing triple 255 Walbro pumps(2 wired full time and one pump coming on under boost, 9psi is the trip level). -12 AN line will only be about 1-1.5ft to flood the inlet side of the pumps. -10 AN line will be run from the post filter up to the y-block. Going with a 3.4L Whipple and wanted to have lots of fuel for high boost. I will PM you a picture of the fuel manifolds and pumps so I don't hijack your thread.

Your setup is looking really good. If you can dial that carb well it should work nicely, going to take some time tweaking air bleeds and jets.

Phil 03-12-2008 09:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Willy's double pumper quick disconnect fuel line with psi gauge port.

Phil 03-19-2008 02:33 PM

Will be running a nitrous stand alone fuel system that Roy manufactured & welded himself. This was on his Mach for a while, now I have it!

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...4&d=1204418239

sampson101st 03-21-2008 09:27 AM

wow, that looks sweet!!!

R-code17815 03-21-2008 10:41 AM

Holy Nitrous BATMAN!!! Looks killer!!!:worship:

Phil 03-22-2008 09:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Match ported the Sullivan intake to the Zex perimeter nitrous plate.

PharmDMach1 03-22-2008 09:29 PM

Verrry nice

torched04 03-22-2008 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 969556)
Match ported the Sullivan intake to the Zex perimeter nitrous plate.

What are the two holes in the bottom of the intake for Phil?

cobramach1 03-23-2008 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 964152)
Willy's double pumper quick disconnect fuel line with psi gauge port.

That looks sweet Phil! I hope I can make it down to the get together to see it in person later this year.

Where did you get the double pumper quick disconnect? Have you used it before? Any issues with leaking? For as often as I've had to pull the carb off my 427 at the strip in my '70 Mach 1 I could sure have used one of those lines. If you can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it, so I can keep the info for future use. :)

cobramach1 03-23-2008 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 969795)
Thanks and I hope you can make it to our event in September. Also, stay for the evening cook out, bon fire party.

I have not installed this setup yet, sometime in April. I'm waiting for my TKO to get back from Lberty's Gears before I trailer my Mach to Jeff Chambers shop.

I bought it from Summit Racing part # WCD-WCD7500 Fuel Line Kit Quick-Release. $124.95 + shipping + handling..

I'm going to do my best to be there in September. I'm hoping to race too and I'll definitely stay since I'm off on Friday's.

I'm looking forward to seeing your setup. Wow on the price of that fuel line! It would still be a big time saver for me though. I'll have to look into it when I get a chance to bring the old Mach 1 out to Michigan. If I could just find a safe place to park my gooseneck car trailer here I would probably bring it out sooner. My yard isn't big enough for a trailer and it would take up too much room on the street. I'd like to find a different rental house that would have the space for the trailer and would have 240v electricity in a double garage with a fenced in back yard for the dogs. :) We're not ready to buy until we sell our house in Nevada. :(

Angus66 03-24-2008 08:01 PM

This might be a silly question Phil, but why does the Sullivan intake say "KarKraft" on it?

Phil 03-24-2008 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angus66 (Post 970479)
This might be a silly question Phil, but why does the Sullivan intake say "KarKraft" on it?

Hey Bill, long time seeing ya post!!!!

KarKraft made some kind of deal with Sullivan and used this intake for photo shots only on several different motors that KarKraft built. So, the Sullivan name was left off for the KarKraft sticker to be installed. Reason I got it for $500 shipped never having fuel ran thru it..

What the heck are you doing??????

Phil 04-01-2008 04:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I think I will install Roy's stand alone nitrous fuel system in the trunk.

mustangmike2003 04-01-2008 05:25 PM

Wow, I havent been on here in a while Phil...but gotta say you are building one SICK car!

Linumup 04-01-2008 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 974594)

That looks serious . lol

So how many runs do you think you can get on 1 tank 1 N20 tank ?
Any idea ?

Looks fun and interesting .

Phil 04-02-2008 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linumup (Post 974687)
That looks serious . lol

So how many runs do you think you can get on 1 tank 1 N20 tank ?
Any idea ?

Looks fun and interesting .

Those are 12 lb bottles and usually I get 12.5-13lbs in them. I can get 10-12 consistant runs on a 175 shot. As long as I don't purge to much in between runs or have to reduce the bottle psi if it gets to high. The 1 gallon tank is plenty, I will drain the bottles before I run out of fuel.

Now I can run a higher octane race fuel just for the nitrous. The motor will be tuned on 100 Cam II. I won't have to be running around N/A wasting 104+ octane race fuel & Torco addative all the time. Main reason, no more fuel psi drop on initial activation of the wet nitrous system. I will be running an Aeromotive fuel pump/regulator for the motor. The nitrous stand alone has a Holley Blue pump and regulator which is more then enough at this shot level. The pump will be activated when I arm the nitrous system.

Phil 04-04-2008 07:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Glenns Performance Sumped/baffled fuel tank with twin 10AN outlets & one 8AN return inlet. The inside is angled towards the sump. There several holes drilled in the baffling for the fuel to flow to the sump. You could go down to 1/2 gal of fuel without causing the external fuel pump to loose prime during a hard launch.

Linumup 04-04-2008 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 976300)
:3amin:

That is sweet Phil .

A few of my friends run that blower . No hood though !

Very nice .

Roy 04-04-2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 974594)

Closer to the motor is best.

Linumup 04-04-2008 10:27 PM

That is badazz ! Thar car also has a hood twice our size .

That thing is eye candy .

torched04 04-04-2008 11:12 PM

It doesn't hang that low Phil, the tank looks bad *** man. Here is mine installed with the 3 walbros on the bumper.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...4/IMG_1401.jpg