2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Brakes & Suspension (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   OEM ride height springs (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=136288)

Mach1Junkie 01-02-2018 03:54 PM

OEM ride height springs

Hey guys I'm pretty sure I asked this question before a while ago but I never got around to swapping my springs.

I have the eibach sport system plus (sportline springs, dampers, and sway bars) . It scrapes my custom long tubes all the time so I am looking to raise the car back to OEM height. Besides looking for used Mach1 springs does anybody know of any performance springs w/o a drop? If I do end up putting OEM mach1 replacement springs in (non-performance) will the eibach dampers work with a stock spring? I contacted american muscle and they recommended a drag spring set but I'm pretty sure drag springs are softer than stock for weight transfer im looking for a stiff spring to avoid any bottoming out.
Thanks, hope you all had a happy new year!

311-420 01-02-2018 04:42 PM

Re: OEM ride height springs

Sportlines are about the softest spring made for these cars, and they're also really low so scraping is inevitable. I've never heard of a single person who liked them. Try h&r or stock springs (cut) matched up with konis or bilsteins.

Mach1Junkie 01-02-2018 05:00 PM

Im on a budget, you think H&R or oem.will work with eibach dampers?

01yellerCobra 01-02-2018 06:07 PM

Either one should work with the Eibach dampners. I wonder what brand they actually are though? Stuff like that is rebadged from another manufacturer.

I'm not a fan of Eibachs at all. Two of our current 3 Mustangs have them and I want to swap them out badly. But where are you scraping? If it's while driving then yeah stiffer springs will help. If it's over speed bumps and such then the only choice is to raise it up.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Mach1Junkie 01-02-2018 06:28 PM

So far I havent scraped while driving at a decent clip, my headers scrape when im going very slow in my gravel (uneven) driveway or on uneven road surfaces especially with a passenger. When I look under the car the headers and everything are super close to the ground I wasn't expecting such a drop from the sportlines.

311-420 01-02-2018 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Junkie (Post 1629271)
Im on a budget, you think H&R or oem.will work with eibach dampers?

It'll probably be alright. I'd upgrade when funds allow, though, if you discover what kind they really are and aren't confident in them. Dampers are critical for performance and safety.

TKat13 01-05-2018 12:38 PM

Agreed on the H&Rs, also, when you install them, if you want a little more height, put in Prothane's Poly spring isolators. I used them in my daughter's '04 so her chin spoiler would clear my driveway, just needed a 1/2" or so and it was a perfect solution.