2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Ford Emblems (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=136486)

03Shadow Grey 06-04-2018 08:14 PM

Ford Emblems

I am Embarrassed to say Iv'e learned something new today that I should have noticed a long time ago. After reading an article today about Ford dropping their car line and that the Mustang and Ford logo's had dropped a long time ago since it wasn't necessary. Dropped the logo's?? So after some pic research 2004 was the last time that Mustang was written on the car and the blue oval Ford was placed!!:smack:

MachRyan 06-11-2018 03:47 PM

Re: Ford Emblems

:surprise:

I had to stop and think about it for a second after reading your post. Interesting stuff.

ab_mach1 06-12-2018 12:52 AM

Lol, I had to think about it too. I can’t believe I hadn’t noticed that.

IG: @ab_mach1

frijol79 06-13-2018 09:57 AM

Wow thanks for sharing that, cool to know

HAEG 06-13-2018 10:25 AM

The Crown Vic in 2010 had the Ford Oval emblem.. Just saying, this has me thinking so now gonna look at some Fords for the Blue Oval emblem

HAEG 06-13-2018 10:34 AM

Don't the newer Stangs say Mustang on the fake gas door?? Like up to 2014?

311-420 06-13-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAEG (Post 1631553)
Don't the newer Stangs say Mustang on the fake gas door?? Like up to 2014?

6 cyl. cars have the pony package which comes with vinyl rocker stripes that say MUSTANG on them. Maybe they meant MUSTANG isnt embossed on the rear bumper cover after 2004? That is interesting. I'm a little surprised I havent noticed that or the missing Ford badge on the back of the Mustangs. And thinking about it, I'm not sure either of those things would flow with the 05+ cars. So good call id say on dropping them. They really aren't "necessary" here in the States for the most part. I did have a young guy walk past mine a couple months ago and ask me what kind of car it was. As crazy of a question as that seemed to me at the time, I realized this guy probably couldn't tie his laces when our cars were built. So, maybe they are necessary? :OUCH:

The Ford trucks also still have Ford badges.

HAEG 06-13-2018 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1631554)
6 cyl. cars have the pony package which comes with vinyl rocker stripes that say MUSTANG on them. Maybe they meant MUSTANG isnt embossed on the rear bumper cover after 2004? That is interesting. I'm a little surprised I havent noticed that or the missing Ford badge on the back of the Mustangs. And thinking about it, I'm not sure either of those things would flow with the 05+ cars. So good call id say on dropping them. They really aren't "necessary" here in the States for the most part. I did have a young guy walk past mine a couple months ago and ask me what kind of car it was. As crazy of a question as that seemed to me at the time, I realized this guy probably couldn't tie his laces when our cars were built. So, maybe they are necessary? :OUCH:

The Ford trucks also still have Ford badges.

Some people pay zero attention to cars..
When I traded my 2003 Zinc Yellow Mach1 in and bought the 2011 Grabber Blue Shelby GT500 someone at work asked why I got my car painted blue, the yellow looked fine. So they didn't even realize it was a different year Mustang. I guess that's why as car guys we kind of stay in our own little group and some people don't understand us...

03Shadow Grey 06-14-2018 06:45 PM

car guys we kind of stay in our own little group and some people don't understand us...

That's why I frequent the Car shows and Cars and Coffee events to have like minded people to talk with. My only car guy friend moved away for work and where I work there are around 25 trucks and my mach parked right slap in the middle of em. :laugh: I do have alot of Jeep friends who I am constantly trying to talk them into a 4V or Coyote swap. LOL.

Big Ron 06-19-2018 11:59 AM

Just look at all the money Ford saved by deleting the "blue oval". You can go onto ebay and get one for $5 - $20 if you really need one. :OUCH:

Big Ron