2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Power Adders (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Eaton Swap..... (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=71833)

machgsxr 01-11-2010 06:50 PM

Re: Eaton Swap.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machdis1 (Post 1239049)
thats weird, why aren't they like that on a Terminator.

No room for them on there?

Machdis1 01-13-2010 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott McClure (Post 1239050)
Because the cast iron Cobra block doesn't have them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by machgsxr (Post 1239051)
No room for them on there?

ok, I understand now. I'd Probably just end up doing a Cobra Harness swap and ECU.

machgsxr 01-13-2010 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machdis1 (Post 1239505)
ok, I understand now. I'd Probably just end up doing a Cobra Harness swap and ECU.

Why?

Scott McClure 01-13-2010 04:24 PM

No need to use the Cobra harness or computer. Have you read any of the information in this thread?

machgsxr 01-13-2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott McClure (Post 1239596)
No need to use the Cobra harness or computer. Have you read any of the information in this thread?

I think nobody actually goes through and reads anything. :soapbox:

Scott McClure 01-13-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machgsxr (Post 1239603)
I think nobody actually goes through and reads anything. :soapbox:

Then that's a shame because you and a few others have provided all the info needed right here.

xXAzureMach1Xx 01-16-2010 06:15 PM

I know i have read all the post a few times before doin the swap.

ASMACH 01-16-2010 06:37 PM

im pretty much done with my swap, but i noticed one of my power steering lines is leaking. could i order power steering lines for a cobra or will it not fit/fit any better? im pretty sure it should but i dont want to still have to extend it or something.

machgsxr 01-17-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASMACH (Post 1240406)
im pretty much done with my swap, but i noticed one of my power steering lines is leaking. could i order power steering lines for a cobra or will it not fit/fit any better? im pretty sure it should but i dont want to still have to extend it or something.

Yes, if ordering one new from ford order for the 03/04 cobra. It should be routed to clear a little better and hopefully stop that leak.

ASMACH 01-17-2010 03:26 PM

^ good to hear. thanks alot bud

OTTO 01-28-2010 01:59 PM

Hi guys not new to the forums but I don't post often on here.
I'm about to start this swap but my install will be a little different. I'm forging the bottom end and all other necessary mods to the engine so I can use the 2.3 whipple instead of the eaton. I know that my fuel set up will need to be more potent than a stock cobra set up. I was posting to see if there is was any differencies and tips on doing a whipple instead of the eaton.

Scott McClure 01-28-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OTTO (Post 1243108)
I'm about to start this swap but my install will be a little different. I'm forging the bottom end and all other necessary mods to the engine so I can use the 2.3 whipple instead of the eaton. I know that my fuel set up will need to be more potent than a stock cobra set up. I was posting to see if there is was any differencies and tips on doing a whipple instead of the eaton.

A lot more info will be needed like motor setup, type of fuel you'll use, fuel system your using what parts you've gathered for the Eaton swap.

OTTO 01-28-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott McClure (Post 1243113)
A lot more info will be needed like motor setup, type of fuel you'll use, fuel system your using what parts you've gathered for the Eaton swap.

Stock crank (factory forged), manley forged i beams, manely 18 cc dish (puts the compression at 8.8:1), arp head stud upgrade, port and polish on the heads, comp XE-R supercharger cams behive springs titanium retainers. 93 octane pump gas, probably going to go with dual gt 40 return style pump kit from lethal performance, no parts yet. I'm in pretty good at the local dealership I get should the stock cobra parts I need at cost.

Oops forgot stock block and wanting to push around 15 to 18 psi.

machgsxr 01-28-2010 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OTTO (Post 1243108)

For the whipple, it's pretty much the same, just using the whipple to replace the eaton. I would go return style and save you from doing it later on down the road. Cobra tank, fore hat, walbro pumps, y block, fore fuel rails w/ attachment for frps and line and fittings of your choice. Will come out about the same as making a returnless setup handle that much. Just my .02 cents.

OTTO 01-28-2010 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machgsxr (Post 1243126)
For the whipple, it's pretty much the same, just using the whipple to replace the eaton. I would go return style and save you from doing it later on down the road. Cobra tank, fore hat, walbro pumps, y block, fore fuel rails w/ attachment for frps and line and fittings of your choice. Will come out about the same as making a returnless setup handle that much. Just my .02 cents.

Lethal Performance sells a return style kit for the Mach with all the components you listed besides the y block. They said they would swap the for the Cobra rails. Why do I need to swap to the Cobra tank ?

Also ups for posting this awesome thread its gonna make it super easy to get the right parts from Ford and the swap much easier than going at it with no help.

machgsxr 01-28-2010 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OTTO (Post 1243236)
Lethal Performance sells a return style kit for the Mach with all the components you listed besides the y block. They said they would swap the for the Cobra rails. Why do I need to swap to the Cobra tank ?

Also ups for posting this awesome thread its gonna make it super easy to get the right parts from Ford and the swap much easier than going at it with no help.

It comes with a y block. At least the one I did. I bought a y block thinking the hat didn't come with it, but it did. Just buy the kit from lethal and you should be set. I already had a feed line, so I just needed some other misc. parts from the kit.

Cobra tank has a baffle that helps keep fuel around the pumps. Mach tank doesn't have that and alot of people recommend not running less than a 1/4 tank because of that.

OTTO 01-29-2010 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machgsxr (Post 1243240)
It comes with a y block. At least the one I did. I bought a y block thinking the hat didn't come with it, but it did. Just buy the kit from lethal and you should be set. I already had a feed line, so I just needed some other misc. parts from the kit.

Cobra tank has a baffle that helps keep fuel around the pumps. Mach tank doesn't have that and alot of people recommend not running less than a 1/4 tank because of that.

Ah a lot more user friendly with Cobra tank. So does the does the hat with Mach kit work on the Cobra tank ?

Mudd92 02-09-2010 09:04 AM

Im in the process gathering parts myself, I think ive got aout 80% of it... quick question, can I still run my 1/2 intake spacer? Or I am better off selling it..

nickster 02-09-2010 09:49 AM

your not even using that intake, so sell it all

Mudd92 02-09-2010 10:32 AM

Haha ok thanks!

OTTO 02-10-2010 11:12 PM

I just located a Teksid block and intend on buying it. Any differences in the install process using the Teksid block ?

machgsxr 02-11-2010 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OTTO (Post 1247286)
I just located a Teksid block and intend on buying it. Any differences in the install process using the Teksid block ?

Not at all. Same thing.

Scott McClure 02-11-2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OTTO (Post 1247286)

Quote:

Originally Posted by machgsxr (Post 1247302)
Not at all. Same thing.

Actually the gasket used on the oil cooler to block is different. You use the orange one instead of the blue one.

Mudd92 02-14-2010 08:45 AM

If I posted pics of what I have could some of you guys help me identify everything? The biggest thing confusing me is the intercooler lines I have, but id like to make sure I have everyhing named right for myself so i can getthe rest of my parts.

Thanks..

ASH302 02-14-2010 08:57 AM

i dont see why not most of these guys can help you out big time if there isn't a part number go ahead and post the picture