2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Power Adders (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Need a little help with Procharger install.... (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=104188)

red302 05-15-2010 11:07 PM

Need a little help with Procharger install....

Hey guys, can anyone show me a pic or explain to me where the black hanger supplied in the ATI kit for the MAF housing is supposed to be installed in the fenderwell. Also, the way they show to assemble the MAF housing, screen, adaptor, and gaskets doesn't seal up completely. There is a slight leak between the plastic housing and the black gasket, as the housing isn't perfectly flat and only seals well at the corners where it's bolted. Doesn't it have to seal completely? Last, is the plug for the MAF going to reach if I unwrap the harness, or will I have to cut and splice in wires to extend the plug into the fenderwell? I must admit that as I've read here, the Procharger kit leaves alot to be desired as far as fitment goes. I've had to do alot of machining and modifications to the supplied parts to make it work correctly on my '03 Mach, and I'm not finished yet! I've gotten much more information from this forum that what's in the installation manual Procharger supplies with the "Complete Kit". Thanks for any help you can give me.

blown03Mach1 05-16-2010 12:44 AM

Re: Need a little help with Procharger install....

Quote:

Originally Posted by red302 (Post 1281913)
Hey guys, can anyone show me a pic or explain to me where the black hanger supplied in the ATI kit for the MAF housing is supposed to be installed in the fenderwell. Also, the way they show to assemble the MAF housing, screen, adaptor, and gaskets doesn't seal up completely. There is a slight leak between the plastic housing and the black gasket, as the housing isn't perfectly flat and only seals well at the corners where it's bolted. Doesn't it have to seal completely? Last, is the plug for the MAF going to reach if I unwrap the harness, or will I have to cut and splice in wires to extend the plug into the fenderwell? I must admit that as I've read here, the Procharger kit leaves alot to be desired as far as fitment goes. I've had to do alot of machining and modifications to the supplied parts to make it work correctly on my '03 Mach, and I'm not finished yet! I've gotten much more information from this forum that what's in the installation manual Procharger supplies with the "Complete Kit". Thanks for any help you can give me.

On my kit I did not use the MAF bracket and I have not had an issue for over 4+ years. As for the MAF not sealing, I am on my third MAF because the plastic housing warps and passes air out the sides. As far as how it all went together.... I honestly don't remember. Just play with the metal spacer, two gaskets, screen, and MAF till it all comes together. I did not have to extend my MAF wiring due to me using a Diablo MAF.ia.

sideways03 05-17-2010 01:27 PM

I didn't use the MAF bracket.

Yes your MAF needs to seal completely. Sounds like something is warped or maybe you don't have the gaskets on right...

The MAF wires are not going to reach unless you splice in extensions or if you are using a mafia.

red302 05-17-2010 10:10 PM

I was afraid of that. Really didn't want to have to cut up my wiring harness. I can't believe for what you have to pay for the "Kit", they can't supply a plug-in extension!!

Shane@TM 05-17-2010 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red302 (Post 1282546)
I was afraid of that. Really didn't want to have to cut up my wiring harness. I can't believe for what you have to pay for the "Kit", they can't supply a plug-in extension!!

i agree. but if your using your stock maf, you best be considering a diablo maf.ia anyways. worth it. you will most likely peg the stock maf if im not mistaken.

Newskool Mach 05-18-2010 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane@TM (Post 1282562)
i agree. but if your using your stock maf, you best be considering a diablo maf.ia anyways. worth it. you will most likely peg the stock maf if im not mistaken.

Yes I pegged mine and now have a Mafia.