2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   some routine maintenance (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137086)

jbrad88 09-14-2020 11:04 PM

some routine maintenance

Well, i am taking the time to do some routine maintenance.
already replaced the IAC...

Coil Packs will be here this week. (Ford replacements)
So plugs will be done too

Fuel filter probably too

I really need to change the diff fluid because its been a long time since I have done that.

Any other suggestions?

is it too late to put a oil separator on the car now?

Going to start accumulating cooling system parts for a complete re-do in the next year or so. (preventive maintenance)

Debating on just going back with a replacement OE style radiator or upgrade to an AM one...

sorry...random parts generator is going full speed :-)

ASH302 09-15-2020 08:56 AM

Re: some routine maintenance

Good stuff.
how long has it been since the trans oil got changed?
Upgraded radiator would be worth it compare to the OEM one.
Any bushings needing to be replace, shocks and struts.
I think oil separator or catch can will be fine, it is never to late.
Brake pads?

I'll try to think of other things.

Don't know if your manual, but replace stock shift cable with new one.

ASh

ab_mach1 09-15-2020 12:18 PM

I've been wanting to replace my brake fluid for the past few years. Mine has a little over 71k miles now. But I think just the age of the fluid alone is worth the time. Honestly, some I think would be true for the power steering fluid. I bought some brake fluid from Amsoil, but haven't actually done the work yet. I'm not sure what the recommended fluid is for our power steering. DOT 3 brake fluid maybe?

ASH302 09-15-2020 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ab_mach1 (Post 1636883)
I've been wanting to replace my brake fluid for the past few years. Mine has a little over 71k miles now. But I think just the age of the fluid alone is worth the time. Honestly, some I think would be true for the power steering fluid. I bought some brake fluid from Amsoil, but haven't actually done the work yet. I'm not sure what the recommended fluid is for our power steering. DOT 3 brake fluid maybe?

https://www.svtperformance.com/threa...ctures.859080/

Hope this helps

ASh

ASH302 09-15-2020 12:39 PM

As said above and I should have, brake fluid and powersteering fluid would be another one.
Maybe also check all the bushings to make sure none of in need of being replace.

ASh

jbrad88 09-15-2020 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ab_mach1 (Post 1636883)

Flushed and filled both about 2 years ago when I upgraded to the braided brake lines...
Replaced all the ball joints and bushings within the past 2 years so all that is in good shape.
Cooling system flushed @ the same time frame...second flush and fill so far in the cars life...

ASH302 09-15-2020 06:53 PM

There is a really nice way to do the oil seperator that looks really good, let me see if I can find a picture of it, I did it on my 98 Cobra.
I'll be planning on doing it to the mach down the road, it just looks really nice.

ASh

ASH302 09-15-2020 06:56 PM

Well found the one I did, lol.
http://mach1registry.org/forums/show...=134686&page=2

ASh

jbrad88 09-16-2020 07:37 PM

Just finished the plugs and coils. Noticeably smoother...car feels better just normal driving. After 17 years I am sure the coils had lost a little something. Feels pretty good. I’ll stomp on it later and see if it’s feels any different...

ASH302 09-17-2020 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrad88 (Post 1636903)
Just finished the plugs and coils. Noticeably smoother...car feels better just normal driving. After 17 years I am sure the coils had lost a little something. Feels pretty good. I’ll stomp on it later and see if it’s feels any different...

have you done a fuel system cleaner? just add it to the tank and go.
Just thinking of other things, for sure up to you, but maybe haven't thought of.

ASh

jbrad88 09-17-2020 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASH302 (Post 1636904)
have you done a fuel system cleaner? just add it to the tank and go.
Just thinking of other things, for sure up to you, but maybe haven't thought of.

ASh

ran some thru last year, probably not a bad idea to do it again

ASH302 09-17-2020 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrad88 (Post 1636909)
ran some thru last year, probably not a bad idea to do it again

I like lucas stuff, I use it always in my diesel for fuel injector cleaner, they make a bunch of other stuff, which I used some of it when the Mach was jerking really bad.

ASh

Rawyzf 09-23-2020 09:22 AM

Good post....I'm about to dive into some of this stuff this fall or over the winter.