2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

G 05-17-2008 10:22 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Go Biff!!!! :worship: :worship:

Thunderbolt 05-17-2008 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 995945)
DW has has his head so far up Kyle's colan via his :butt: that he knows what he had for dinner last night.

I'd say DW has something else up Kyle's azz. :31:

G 05-17-2008 10:53 PM

I'll take that ending. It don't get much better than the fan pick winning. :smokin:

ylopony 05-17-2008 10:56 PM

I can handle Kasey Kahne winning. I'll drink Budweiser when money is tight and I sell insurance for one of his major sponsors. :)

Thunderbolt 05-17-2008 10:57 PM

That's incredible that Kahne won with no changes during that pitstop. Good for him. He's a cool driver. Have'nt heard much from him this year. Would have been nice if Biffle had won. He's been non-existant the past couple years.

birdman941 05-17-2008 11:01 PM

The Roush boys are back!!

mach1 03 05-17-2008 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 995996)
I can handle Kasey Kahne winning. I'll drink Budweiser when money is tight and I sell insurance for one of his major sponsors. :)

:agree:

mach1 03 05-17-2008 11:05 PM

"I'll take that ending. It don't get much better than the fan pick winning."

:agree:

beerformeplz 05-18-2008 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 995996)

To bad Jr didnt win huh.:23: Two more years of his no winning and he wont even be in the race.

falcongtho3 05-18-2008 07:30 AM

Glad to hear Casey won. It's about time he got a good break, and being the fan vote-in...even better. Shows he deserved to be in there.

Now...let's get ready for 'Super Race Holiday', next weekend!!!

Go Roush!

:borg:

ylopony 05-18-2008 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerformeplz (Post 996047)
To bad Jr didnt win huh.:23: Two more years of his no winning and he wont even be in the race.

I like Jr. but I'm not a jump on the bandwagon fan of his because of his father. I really was indifferent with his father. I do like Jr though more because of his class as a driver, and for the fact he joined the Hendricks team. As for not being in the race, Jr. can finish last in every race for the next 5 years and the fans will always vote him in.

birdman941 05-18-2008 09:16 AM

Jr. is 10 x the driver his old man was.
Being a clean driver and a gentleman is something that could not be said about Sr.

G 05-18-2008 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 996121)
Being a clean driver and a gentleman is something that could not be said about Sr.

There are 3 major differences between Jr and his Dad:

1. The era of racing. Modern era only compared to Dad seeing the end of stock cars and the evolution of Grand National.

2. Age of success. One was assured success from pre-teen years versus a career formed from great financial and personal sacrifice.

3. Aggressiveness. A deep desire to win versus a physical requirement to win.

Jr is a good guy who drives a race car for his job. Sr is the guy you get compared to when you do something extraordinary on the race track (good or bad). He was the best of his time; Dale Sr is treated as a God of racing by some and bitterly hated by others. The thing I liked about him was he didn't care what people thought, he just cared that you thought something.

Other than the 3 differences above, they are the same. :smokin:

Azure Blurr 05-18-2008 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 996148)
There are 3 major differences between Jr and his Dad:

1. The era of racing. Modern era only compared to Dad seeing the end of stock cars and the evolution of Grand National.

2. Age of success. One was assured success from pre-teen years versus a career formed from great financial and personal sacrifice.

3. Aggressiveness. A deep desire to win versus a physical requirement to win.

Jr is a good guy who drives a race car for his job. Sr is the guy you get compared to when you do something extraordinary on the race track (good or bad). He was the best of his time; Dale Sr is treated as a God of racing by some and bitterly hated by others. The thing I liked about him was he didn't care what people thought, he just cared that you thought something.

Other than the 3 differences above, they are the same. :smokin:

:stupid: :yes:

gvervoren 05-18-2008 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 996148)
The thing I liked about him was he didn't care what people thought, he just cared that you thought something.

Now I'm going to sticking up for Kyle Bush for a second. A friend of mine were talking about this the other day. Kyle Bush and Dale Sr has the exact same attitude when racing. In it too win, no matter if that means moving someone out of the way or putting them in the wall. And yes, Dale Sr. did put people in the wall. Why is it OK for someone like Dale Sr. to think and act this way but when someone like Kyle does the same thing he is a big azz. People are always complaining these days that the drivers can't show any emotion anymore cause they will get penalized and fined for it. Now that we finally have a driver like that, they complain about. I don't evenb mind if Kyle wins now cause I like to see all the people get pissy about it.

beerformeplz 05-18-2008 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 996121)

lol. Out of all the crazy comments in this thread thats the craziest.

ylopony 05-18-2008 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 996187)
Now I'm going to sticking up for Kyle Bush for a second. A friend of mine were talking about this the other day. Kyle Bush and Dale Sr has the exact same attitude when racing. In it too win, no matter if that means moving someone out of the way or putting them in the wall. And yes, Dale Sr. did put people in the wall. Why is it OK for someone like Dale Sr. to think and act this way but when someone like Kyle does the same thing he is a big azz. People are always complaining these days that the drivers can't show any emotion anymore cause they will get penalized and fined for it. Now that we finally have a driver like that, they complain about. I don't evenb mind if Kyle wins now cause I like to see all the people get pissy about it.

This is the big reason why I was not a big Dale Sr. fan nor am I a Kyle Busch fan. I did not like seeing Earnhardt knock someone in the wall at 195mph nor do I like seeing it in Busch. Pass the guy with patience and with talent. It does not take a lot of talent to knock someone out of the race. I'm not saying that these two drivers did not or do not have talent, Sr was a great driver and Busch has all the makings to be one as well.

To me an excellent champion and the best of all time in my opinion was Richard Petty. Sure he had a few incidents on the track. It's impossible to never be involved in something. However, it was his skill that won out most of the time, not his ramming the other car into the wall for the win.

birdman941 05-18-2008 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 996277)
This is the big reason why I was not a big Dale Sr. fan nor am I a Kyle Busch fan. I did not like seeing Earnhardt knock someone in the wall at 195mph nor do I like seeing it in Busch. Pass the guy with patience and with talent. It does not take a lot of talent to knock someone out of the race. I'm not saying that these two drivers did not or do not have talent, Sr was a great driver and Busch has all the makings to be one as well.

To me an excellent champion and the best of all time in my opinion was Richard Petty. Sure he had a few incidents on the track. It's impossible to never be involved in something. However, it was his skill that won out most of the time, not his ramming the other car into the wall for the win.

Amen brother.

gvervoren 05-18-2008 07:08 PM

I never liked Dale Sr. myself for that reason. It just seems funny that even some of the Earnhardt fans thinks that it was alright for him to race like that but noone else can.

G 05-18-2008 09:38 PM

I'm not sure you guys ever really watched Sr. drive. He was patient, you see him come up behind you going faster and he gave a sufficient amount of time for you to figure out you need to move over. If you didn't and he had time you would get a reminder with the chrome horn. If you continue to hold him up, you got what you asked for. :smack:

BigEars is nothing like that, he is driving at 110% all the time and could have won MANY more races if he would calm down. He needs to watch a few hours of David Pearson, Fred Lorenzen, and Joe Weatherly to see how it's done. I don't mind a fearless driver but brainless is another matter. :smokin:

When I first started racing flat-track I wrecked a few times and broke a few things while leading. My Dad was the owner and he put another (slower) rider on the bike, he finished every race and won about half the time. I got the message but had to earn that ride back, shrub is an incredible driver who needs to slow down to go faster. The thing is, he stays in the news and makes money so he keeps his ride and needs to wheelbarrow the money to the bank while he can. :smokin:

ylopony 05-23-2008 07:00 AM

I can't stand him. who?

Kyle Busch

The little prick sitting on the pole. I'm beginning to wonder how one car can be so far above any other car on the track. Sorry, Kyle is not that much better than any other driver. I'm thinking even Kyle Petty can drive that car to a top 5 finish.

02mach1 05-23-2008 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 996002)
The Roush boys are back!!

yes sir, Iam going to the 600 sunday with my new GT,

Big Ron 05-23-2008 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 998669)
The little prick sitting on the pole.......I'm thinking even Kyle Petty can drive that car to a top 5 finish.

:23: :23: :23:

Big Ron:smokin:

Big Ron 05-24-2008 02:38 PM

I truly think it is time........Dale Jr will win Sunday nite!

I'll watch the Indy 500 just to see Danica not finish!

Big Ron :smokin:

falcongtho3 05-24-2008 06:24 PM

It'll be nice to see Danica win the 500, and Jr. DNF...as well as Shrub. Edwards for the win in the 600. Guess no one's doing the 1,100 this year.

:borg: