2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

Thunderbolt 05-05-2008 02:03 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by FEARED (Post 990396)
because he couldnt handle his car in the corner and took out another driver, as opposed to a Dale Sr Move pushing him up the track with a bump from behind.

It would'nt matter if he wrecked Jr. or bumped him out of the way, people would still want his head on a stick for Jr. losing the race on that account.

FEARED 05-05-2008 02:13 PM

Well, yea..

BUT i wouldnt be pissed about it if JR was out raced, not wrecked. And im sure other fans feel the same way.

beerformeplz 05-05-2008 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 990413)
BigEars was racing hard and hit Jr, he just needed to say that and learn how to respect his fellow drivers. One of these days he may actually hurt somebody. :crazy:

LOL.... I guess Busch should have stopped and let JR win? How else would you expect someone to drive in the last 5 laps? And I believe Jr came down on Busch ans thats why he got spun out.
Wins this year counting Nationwide
JR 0 (but we knew that)
Bush 5

ylopony 05-05-2008 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerformeplz (Post 990446)
LOL.... I guess Busch should have stopped and let JR win? How else would you expect someone to drive in the last 5 laps? And I believe Jr came down on Busch ans thats why he got spun out.
Wins this year counting Nationwide
JR 0 (but we knew that)
Bush 5

I don't think anyone is saying he should do that. But why is it week in and week out he is ALWAYS in some kind of a controversy. He is wrecklously aggressive on the track and shows no respect. It's one thing to bang and bump on the last few laps and another to end up putting someone into the wall.(and Jr. still has some blame here).

Also, I'm sick and tired of him mugging the camera every win with his big AZZ ears flapping while his mouth shoots off how great the car, team and etc was. But lose a race and see how rude he is to the media and pass the blame on someone else, or threaten a driver like he did on Friday in the Nationwide race. This guy is talented but very classless with no respect to the sport or to his fellow competitors. Trust me, he will be a marked "girl" on that track by many of the drivers. This jerks not winning friends and influencing others.

I'm not a huge Jr fan. I like him but he's not my favorite. But the dude showed all the class in the world in that interview after the race. Can you imagine how Busch would have sounded if it were him, that is if he would have even respected the media and gave an interview. It would have sounded something like this" Jr. is a flipping idiot who was stupid for getting lose in the turn and taking me out of the race when I gave him all the world at the bottom of the track. He better watch himself or he's going to get hurt. Pay back is a bit*h and I'm going to find him out there and let him know who I am".

falcongtho3 05-05-2008 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weaver (Post 990400)
By winning the championship :yes:

...just not in this decade...or the next, or the next...

:borg:

gvervoren 05-05-2008 09:03 PM

I agree, I thought Jr. handled his interview pretty darn good after the race. You can tell he was upset but didn't overreact like Kyle would have.

As for the wreck, I still say it was both of their faults because if you watch, Jr. did pinch him down there pretty good. With that plus Kyle getting in a little to hot, boom, you got your wreck. If Jr. was a little higher on the track, Bigears may have been able to save it without even touching Jr. I see this incident as hard racing at the end of the race and that's it. No matter who is involved!!

weaver 05-05-2008 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 990626)
I agree, I thought Jr. handled his interview pretty darn good after the race. You can tell he was upset but didn't overreact like Kyle would have.

As for the wreck, I still say it was both of their faults because if you watch, Jr. did pinch him down there pretty good. With that plus Kyle getting in a little to hot, boom, you got your wreck. If Jr. was a little higher on the track, Bigears may have been able to save it without even touching Jr. I see this incident as hard racing at the end of the race and that's it. No matter who is involved!!

I think you're right about this but people are still gonna piss and moan about Jr. no Matter what. Just like Sr.

G 05-05-2008 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weaver (Post 990628)
I think you're right about this but people are still gonna piss and moan about Jr. no Matter what. Just like Sr.

It has nothing to do with these two drivers for me. For a lesson on how it's done watch Mark Martin ------------- even at the end of the race. This man could have won the Daytona 500 easily by roughing up Harvick, he could have pushed bigears out of the way on the last restart in Richmond, etc ...

He will not do it and even without a championship he is the most respected active driver today. That's what I'M talking about --- I could care less who the drivers are. :)

Azure Blurr 05-06-2008 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 990659)
It has nothing to do with these two drivers for me. For a lesson on how it's done watch Mark Martin ------------- even at the end of the race. This man could have won the Daytona 500 easily by roughing up Harvick, he could have pushed bigears out of the way on the last restart in Richmond, etc ...

He will not do it and even without a championship he is the most respected active driver today. That's what I'M talking about --- I could care less who the drivers are. :)

Imagine the champinonships he could've won! :wow:

gvervoren 05-06-2008 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure Blurr (Post 991014)
Imagine the champinonships he could've won! :wow:

Which one. He was screwed out of about three or four of them.

G 05-06-2008 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 991031)
Which one. He was screwed out of about three or four of them.

Two for sure. The guy was at his peak when he "retired" from the full time schedule. :worship:

Big Ron 05-09-2008 07:44 PM

I'll go out on a limb................

Carl Edwards will win the Nationwide tonight.

Jimmy Johnson willl win the Sprint race (and Dale Jr and the Scrub will both wreck - maybe at the same time)!

Big Ron :smokin:

falcongtho3 05-09-2008 07:48 PM

How did JJ manage to crash two cars and still qualify third???

G 05-09-2008 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Ron (Post 992482)
I'll go out on a limb................

Carl Edwards will win the Nationwide tonight.

Jimmy Johnson willl win the Sprint race (and Dale Jr and the Scrub will both wreck - maybe at the same time)!

Big Ron :smokin:

Based on him trying to knock the wall down --- Carl won't win. Your second sentence might be dead on. :23:

02mach1 05-09-2008 11:26 PM

Jack Roush had bad night tonight all his cars crash tonight:mean!:

falcongtho3 05-09-2008 11:29 PM

No lie. Both Carl and Matt had great cars, but bad luck. With all of the cars that got wrecked during this race and practice/qualifying, it should make for a demolition derby tomorrow night.

02mach1 05-09-2008 11:42 PM

I hope sat night won't be like tonights race,

G 05-09-2008 11:49 PM

The Challenger pace car was nice to see. :smokin:

falcongtho3 05-10-2008 07:17 AM

I noticed that as well. Should be the pace car tonight, since it is the Dodge Challenger 500. About the only way that blubber-butt will ever lead a race.

ylopony 05-10-2008 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 992656)
I noticed that as well. Should be the pace car tonight, since it is the Dodge Challenger 500. About the only way that blubber-butt will ever lead a race.

With all the yellows this race should have it will be in the lead often tonight. :23:

falcongtho3 05-10-2008 09:23 PM

Not too many yellows (or reds)...so far!!!

weaver 05-10-2008 11:11 PM

Anyone notice how Kyles car has that crab walk going down the straights? Looks like the rear end was tweaked a little when he got into the wall. Even with that crooked a@# car he's WINNNING the race!

mach1 03 05-10-2008 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weaver (Post 992960)
Anyone notice how Kyles car has that crab walk going down the straights? Looks like the rear end was tweaked a little when he got into the wall. Even with that crooked a@# car he's WINNNING the race!

he won.

weaver 05-10-2008 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mach1 03 (Post 992963)
he won.

yeah, saw that.

mstng680365 05-10-2008 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weaver (Post 992960)

Maybe its just me, but i thought most of the cars looked like that, even when the race started.