2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

gvervoren 06-04-2009 08:52 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

I think the whole point is that he is only popular because of 1 thing, his last name. This site is just to show that he really isn't all that impressive in NASCAR when you look at the stats. If his last name wasn't Earnhardt, he wouldn't be any more popular then people like Jamie McMurray, Scott Riggs, or even Jeremy Mayfield.

Thunderbolt 06-07-2009 02:30 PM

Hooray!!! No more Digger crap, or hearing Toyota plugs every 5 minutes. I like Fox coverage better, but those two things ruin the whole race.

falcongtho3 06-07-2009 08:26 PM

Congrrats to Stewrat on his first owner/driver win. He had a really strong car, and seems to have a good shot at the title now that he's out of a rice-mobile.
We've now seen that Kyle can be a comlete jack-a$$ on a totally new level after last nights stupidity. I mean really!?! And then, the can't even do the whole rock star guitar smash thing correctly!

Good job by Cal and Greg on having good Ford runs.

And JG can continue getting his injections...from JJ...

:borg:

Thunderbolt 06-07-2009 09:01 PM

I saw the vid of Busch wrecking that guitar. If he did'nt want the guitar he should have just put it up for auction and given the money to charity. Did'nt make any sense to me.

G 06-07-2009 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1161069)
Hooray!!! No more Digger crap, or hearing Toyota plugs every 5 minutes. I like Fox coverage better, but those two things ruin the whole race.

I was on the road using my sprint phone --- drove into a no-data area with 11 to go and got data back in time to read the unofficial results. :23:

Big Ron 06-11-2009 07:51 PM

Times Square Pit Stop ! ! !

http://www.grindtv.com/video/more/na...ed_37912#37912

kinda' neat....I would have gotten a ticket!

Big Ron :smokin:

Thunderbolt 06-11-2009 08:20 PM

20 Seconds. Fail.

gvervoren 06-12-2009 11:17 PM

GM pulls funding for truck and Nationwide series.

http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/head...khi/index.html

falcongtho3 06-13-2009 07:41 AM

Saw that this morning. Looks like it'll soon be Ford vs Toyota on the track if things don't turn around soon. As much as I don't like GM, don't really care for Chrysler, and have a general displike for their teams and drivers (except Mark), I'd rather them out there on the track than Kyle and the idiot Toyota brigade.

Thunderbolt 06-13-2009 02:56 PM

This will probably mean more Toyota's on the track as lesser teams and drivers might fade out, and Toyota picks them up. They might not be the best drivers, but who wants to see 25 out of 43 cars being Toyota's? I know I don't. Once I see that, then it's over for me as far as going to races, and doomsday for Nascar in general.

G 06-13-2009 09:54 PM

I don't think Government Motors will be unrepresented and there's no reason for Fiat to pull out of NASCAR. :23:

falcongtho3 06-13-2009 10:46 PM

So far the only thing I've enjoyed during the Natioinwide race has been the '08 Vista Blue Shelby GT pace car. Other than that, I think the drivers need to get the speed radar or whatever they use to check pit road speeds checked out. Carl's been nailed twice in a row for speeding, and half the field has gotten called in for the same.

Thunderbolt 06-14-2009 02:33 PM

Wow!! The grandstands are half empty at Michigan. Unreal. I could see this track getting its second race axed. I went there in 2000 and had great turn 3 seats. You could see the entire track and you never had to stand up.

ylopony 06-14-2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1163636)
This will probably mean more Toyota's on the track as lesser teams and drivers might fade out, and Toyota picks them up. They might not be the best drivers, but who wants to see 25 out of 43 cars being Toyota's? I know I don't. Once I see that, then it's over for me as far as going to races, and doomsday for Nascar in general.

It looks like it won't be all Toyota's in the future. Perhaps the other 18 cars will be Honda or Hundai? Tough to imagine team Roush in Honda's and Hendricks in Hundai.

http://www.clickorlando.com/sports/19750396/detail.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1163932)
Wow!! The grandstands are half empty at Michigan. Unreal. I could see this track getting its second race axed. I went there in 2000 and had great turn 3 seats. You could see the entire track and you never had to stand up.

I agree, a lot of empty seats. That appears to be the story at many tracks this year. I'm sure the economy, Toyota, and the COT have a lot to do with that.

I have tickets for the August race located in the main grandstand in front of the pit entrance after turn 3. If you are above the 10th row not a bad seat in the house with a view of the whole track.

Thunderbolt 06-14-2009 04:09 PM

Ugh. That's when Nascar will no longer get my money anymore. I was in that turn 3 grandstand that is way bigger than any of the other grandstands. It was a brand new grandstand when I got the tickets for it. We were about 3/4 of the way up.

Thunderbolt 06-14-2009 04:58 PM

Unbelieveable finish!!! I barely watched any of the race because this is usually a boring race. Glad I caught the last 2 laps. I'm really happy for Mark Martin. 3 wins this years now. :yeh:

G 06-14-2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1163962)
Unbelieveable finish!!! I barely watched any of the race because this is usually a boring race. Glad I caught the last 2 laps. I'm really happy for Mark Martin. 3 wins this years now. :yeh:

I had it on while working on the hot rod today. I like an exciting end without a bunch of wrecks. :worship:

I sure hope Mark gets a championship this year, even if he does it in a Gov't motors vehicle. :23:

ylopony 06-14-2009 05:32 PM

Tough break for Bif and JJ, but I'm quit satisfied with the one-two finish of Martin & Gordon.

After the race when they did interviews with Biffle and Johnson(both professional and good sports) about their running out of gas, I kept thinking of what Kyle Busch would have said; thats easy, Nothing. He'd havd already blasted his team over the radio, pushed through the media, and pout in his trailer.

G 06-14-2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 1163972)
Tough break for Bif and JJ, but I'm quit satisfied with the one-two finish of Martin & Gordon.

After the race when they did interviews with Biffle and Johnson(both professional and good sports) about their running out of gas, I kept thinking of what Kyle Busch would have said; thats easy, Nothing. He'd havd already blasted his team over the radio, pushed through the media, and pout in his trailer.

It's nice to see how adults behave. I have visions of a guitar shoved up Kyle's azz ---- still plugged in of course. :23:

Blackpony04 06-14-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 1163973)
It's nice to see how adults behave. I have visions of a guitar shoved up Kyle's azz ---- still plugged in of course. :23:

:23:

Good job Mark Martin! I too still root for him and hope there'll finally be a championship for him.

Big Ron 06-16-2009 08:34 PM

first they're going to let Honda and BMW into Nascar :anger:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...-foreign-make?

and then they're going to let another "Busch" into the Series :eek:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...-until-October

what next?

ylopony 06-17-2009 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Ron (Post 1164917)
and then they're going to let another "Busch" into the Series :eek:

what next?

Not a "Busch" if she waxes. :23:

Thunderbolt 06-21-2009 05:13 PM

Wow. Ken Stabler as the Grand Marshall. I have'nt seen that guy since he played 30 years ago, but I knew as soon as I saw him who it was. Looking forward to this road race. Nice change of pace.

G 06-21-2009 11:58 PM

I enjoyed the race today. I was hoping the 11 would wreck JJ there at the end, he sure did do a job on Kurt. :confused:

ylopony 06-22-2009 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 1166678)
I enjoyed the race today. I was hoping the 11 would wreck JJ there at the end, he sure did do a job on Kurt. :confused:

The drivers respect JJ, he drives clean and they usually drive clean around him. As for the Busch brothers: Kurt has cleaned up the act but it's going to take some time to mend the bridges he's burned; as for Kyle, he may never earn any respect from the other drivers. Kyle makes his brother look like St. Peter.

Congrats to a class act like Kasey Kahne. It was nice to see Richard Petty in victory circle again. A nice boost to that race team.