2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Mach 1 Specific Event(s) (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   DRIVING EVENT CANCELED: Youngstown, OH '05 Mach 1 Registry National Gathering (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28611)

Tony Alonso 01-08-2005 04:48 PM

DRIVING EVENT CANCELED: Youngstown, OH '05 Mach 1 Registry National Gathering

EDIT: Updated on 27-May-2005 with finalized event information. Please see this webpage for the online and printable registration forms, as well as rules and regulations.

I am working with a few Registry members and Mustang Racing Technologies (MRT) to plan a "Mustang performance driving experience" as one of the special events for the national meeting in Youngstown, OH. The date will be Friday, September 2, 2005.

The purpose of the driving experience will be to allow Mach 1 Registry and (potentially) other Mustang owners to drive their vehicles on the Nelson Ledges race track in Warren, OH. This is about 30 miles from the host hotel for the Youngstown MCA show.

The emphasis of this event will be on safety. The road course would be set up to allow people to accelerate and steer in a safe, controlled, and fun manner. The general format will be a lapping event, where people will run on course but not in direct head-to-head competition. We currently envision three (3) groupings for participants - beginner, intermediate, advanced. The criteria for each of these are being determined, but the goal will be to have people of similar ability together. We also are making provisions for instructors to be available to assist the beginner group.

The event will be held rain or shine. No passengers would be permitted for safety reasons, unless an instructor accompanies the driver or low speed beginner parade laps are held. A helmet of Snell rating SA95 or greater will be required, although we are planning to have loaners available. Every car going on the track would be subjected to a inspection to ensure everything is in working order. Safety personnel from Nelson Ledges would be available. Finally, a liability waiver and insurance coverage will be provided to each driver.

Please indicate your interest in participating. Because of the economics involved, we want to see if it is feasible just to have Registry members attend or if other Mustang owners would be needed to keep the cost reasonable ($120-$150 range). There will be a limit on the number of driving spots (estimated 40-50) so that everyone would get the chance to drive.

I look forward to your responses.

spacecaptan 01-09-2005 02:28 AM

Re: INTEREST IN DRIVING EVENT: Youngstown, OH '05 Mach 1 Registry National Gathering

i've always wanted to try open tracking, this would be a good excuse for me to get up to the show. can't set anything in stone this far ahead, but i'm in(maybe)

jonkolo 01-09-2005 06:45 PM

Re: INTEREST IN DRIVING EVENT: Youngstown, OH '05 Mach 1 Registry National Gathering

I would like to run for top speed at a big oval track. Any ideas on where could I do this?

02mach1 01-09-2005 10:18 PM

Iam all for driving event Tony :yes:

JDraper 01-10-2005 05:11 PM

I'm interested, but I also can't set stuff in stone this far ahead because of my job...

kevvy6903 01-11-2005 07:19 AM

It's always been a dream of mine to run a road course in a Mustang!!!!!!!!!!! : :)

I'm all for it

Mach1 EH 01-12-2005 09:15 PM

This looks awesome!
Whoa.
I missed the date (s).

I'll need that for time off from work.
I'll also need the costs for hotel to budget.

Thanks for the post.
Hope we can go!

03mach1 04-28-2005 03:06 PM

Updates coming.

I also posted on www.STEELCITYSTANGS.com, the PITTSBURGH Mustang club, maybe generate some interest from them too!

GOT SVT 04-28-2005 04:15 PM

interested in updates

Tony Alonso 04-28-2005 10:37 PM

This has also been posted in the Midwest regional forum on TheMustangSource to raise awareness.

02mach1 04-28-2005 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
This has also been posted in the Midwest regional forum on TheMustangSource to raise awareness.

very good job Tony :yeh:

03mach1 05-02-2005 03:15 PM

Working on ONLINE Registration form, hopefully get it down this week...and we can start taking registrations. Deadline is Around July 15th. If we don't have around 40 registrations, it may not happen!

Tony Alonso 05-05-2005 11:02 PM

We are also working with the Pittburgh area chapter of the SVTOA on building interest. This event will be opened up to other interested Mustang clubs in addition to the Mach 1 Registry.

More updates soon!

Tony Alonso 05-28-2005 08:06 PM

Re: DRIVING EVENT INFO: Youngstown, OH '05 Mach 1 Registry National Gathering

See the first post in this thread, which has been updated with the final event info. Please let Dave W. or me know if you have questions

SVTSnake 06-05-2005 10:22 PM

Can you give me some more info on the show, hotels, etc.? I am supposed to go to Disneyland with the family on the 18th of September, but may be able to swing this as well.

Tony Alonso 06-05-2005 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVTSnake
Can you give me some more info on the show, hotels, etc.? I am supposed to go to Disneyland with the family on the 18th of September, but may be able to swing this as well.

See this thread for the current details.

SVTSnake 06-07-2005 09:44 PM

Payment sent for driving experience...

Tony Alonso 06-30-2005 09:33 PM

We definitely need more registrations for the driving event! At last count, we only had 4 people signed up for this.

I am working with Nelson Ledges to get an extension on our deadline for registrations (currently we need to commit on July 15).

Information has been sent to many contacts from the MCA and various regional Mustang clubs. However, the response has been light.

Please register/PAY if you would like to attend.

03mach1 07-01-2005 10:29 AM

NOTE: PRE-PAY/PRE-REGISTER ONLY!! http://www.mach1performance.org/racing.htm

NO MONEY WILL BE ACCEPTED AT GATE. ** WE HAVE TO PRE-PAY FOR THE TRACK AND NOT GOING TO BE STUCK IF NO ONE SHOW UP.

THEREFORE, BY THE DEADLINE, IF WE DON"T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY/REGISTRATIONS, IT WILL BE CANCELLED. SORRY.

Footman 07-12-2005 10:00 PM

Dear Dave Wagner:
I have signed up for the driving event at nelson ledges in Warren, Ohio. After talking with one of my friend who races and is familiar with the track he brought up some concerns that I was hoping you would address. One apparently the 1/4 -1/2 mile entrance to the track is gravel and the chances of getting your car chipped up is pretty considerable. Also he said if it rains the day of the event that their is a pretty good chance our cars will get muddy when trying to get on the track. If these things are true you may want to reconsider if we really want sign a contract with such a primitive race track where our cars are going to get pretty soiled before the national show in Youngstown. Any info you have would be appreciated.
Sincerely
Brian Zimmerman, DPM (footman)

03mach1 07-14-2005 07:55 AM

Interesting...I have never been there, but thanks for the info.

Well, with the lack of interest, we are probably NOT going to happen. We only have around 10 people signed up out of 40 needed.....sorry.

Tony Alonso 07-14-2005 09:18 PM

Re: DRIVING EVENT CANCELED: Youngstown, OH '05 Mach 1 Registry National Gathering

Because of limited response, this event has been canceled.

This track operators policy requires that we commit the full rental payment within 45 days of the event, otherwise a cancellation would not be accepted.

My thanks to all who assisted in the planning and support of this.

All those who registered will be refunded their payments.