2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Brakes & Suspension (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Have sportlines, need more ground clearance but dont want to lose handling (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=135806)

Mach1Junkie 03-12-2017 10:59 AM

Have sportlines, need more ground clearance but dont want to lose handling

Hey guys,

I am running the sport system from eibach (sportline springs, dampers, and sway bars front and rear) the car looks awesome and handles great but it's impossible to get on a trailer, it has scraped up my ARH longtubes (which weren't cheap), and one time when braking at high speed the front bottomed out, ripped out the fender wal/wheel well and a bunch of hoses.
Can anybody recommend affordable springs that are just a little lower than stock like an inch or less that will still handle as well as the sportlines?

Thanks

311-420 03-12-2017 12:51 PM

Re: Have sportlines, need more ground clearance but dont want to lose handling

You might call MM and let them help you match some springs to your dampers/sway bars.

TRbetngu 03-12-2017 01:15 PM

I had the Eibach Pro-kit forever and loved it. I think they are 1.5" all the way around, though.

NastyNate 03-12-2017 02:28 PM

Coilover front and MM Adjustable LCA

Tommy Z 03-13-2017 02:17 PM

Do you still have isolators? If not, you could order new ones which will raise the car a bit and possibly give you the little added clearance you need.

4a7191a 03-14-2017 07:00 PM

Energy suspension spring bushings. They raise the car a tad. That's what I did

Mach1Junkie 03-24-2017 11:15 AM

Thanks for all the info guys, I'm not sure if I have isolators. Does anybody have experience with H&R or FRPP springs?

03Shadow Grey 03-25-2017 09:23 PM

I have cut stockers on the front 3/4 coil dropped it 1 inch and HR super spots on the back to about the same, all iso's. The HR's ride great in the rear but no idea what there front one's do sorry.

Mach1Junkie 05-17-2017 01:14 PM

Good call on the bushings, I'll get those regardless. It's looking like I'm gonna swap the springs if I can find a set of performance springs that are stock height to match my stiffer shocks or I'll save for coil overs . Whatever brand I switch the eibachs with I'll let you guys know how they perform.

j rick kirby 05-18-2017 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Junkie (Post 1626426)
Good call on the bushings, I'll get those regardless. It's looking like I'm gonna swap the springs if I can find a set of performance springs that are stock height to match my stiffer shocks or I'll save for coil overs . Whatever brand I switch the eibachs with I'll let you guys know how they perform.

The FRPP springs are about the same as stock. It depends on which H&R you are talking about. I think you would find the MM Road & Track to be just about right. A little lower than stock and a little stiffer.

mikeracing 05-19-2017 01:11 PM

H&r super race

j rick kirby 05-20-2017 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeracing (Post 1626495)
H&r super race

Super Race will beat you to death according to MM.