2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   NEW Mach 1 Owner Introductions (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   New owner from Australia (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=136845)

boss69hogg 06-23-2019 05:11 AM

New owner from Australia

2 Attachment(s)
Hi guys, thanks for letting me join your forum.

Long time Mustang fan, owner of various Mustangs over the last 20 years, member of MOCA for the last 12 years, on the Committee for the last 4 years. Have owned the following Mustangs 1969 Mach 1 (3 different ones), 65 and 66 Convertible and an 08 Shelby. Currently I've had an S550 for the last 2 1/2 years and just this week picked up an 04 Mach 1 - believed to be the only one in Australia. Stoked to have her in my stable!

Yes, she's a right hand drive as we drive on the correct side of the road over here! :laugh::laugh:

311-420 06-23-2019 08:57 AM

Re: New owner from Australia

Welcome aboard! Looks like a clean car. We've got another member who lives down under that went through the trouble of making it legal to drive his Mach 1 in the correct (left hand drive) orientation. :MADNOEL:

Any mods or will it be kept as a cruiser?

falcongtho3 06-23-2019 10:50 AM

Welcome aboard from half a world away.
The Australia based member here is named Jeff and goes by the screen name Muzman.
His car looks suspiciously like yous and I'm wondering if it is the same car?
Can you give us a little more information about your Mach 1?

:borg:

boss69hogg 06-23-2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1634429)
Welcome aboard from half a world away.
The Australia based member here is named Jeff and goes by the screen name Muzman.
His car looks suspiciously like yous and I'm wondering if it is the same car?
Can you give us a little more information about your Mach 1?

Cheers -with your screen name, I thought you might have been an Aussie too - channeling the mighty Phase 3 HO! Muzman appears to be located in New Zealand - several thousand kilometres of ocean and a different country away. I knew there was one in NZ, but definitely not the same car. Mine was bought new in West Virginia by an Aussie guy called Phil. He brought it back with him and then converted it (at a cost that was more than the original sticker price of the car). Phil held it for 6 years and then sold it to a guy called George who I just bought it off. Have spoken to them both. The car will def stay stock and pay homage to a car that is not known to exist by many here (when I posted it to several Mustang forums, several came back telling me they never made a Mach 1in 04).

boss69hogg 06-23-2019 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1634428)
Welcome aboard! Looks like a clean car. We've got another member who lives down under that went through the trouble of making it legal to drive his Mach 1 in the correct (left hand drive) orientation. :MADNOEL:

Any mods or will it be kept as a cruiser?

Thanks for the welcome. Will be kept stock! A def head turner at some shows and events when I take it

falcongtho3 06-23-2019 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boss69hogg (Post 1634430)
Cheers -with your screen name, I thought you might have been an Aussie too - channeling the mighty Phase 3 HO! Muzman appears to be located in New Zealand - several thousand kilometres of ocean and a different country away. I knew there was one in NZ, but definitely not the same car. Mine was bought new in West Virginia by an Aussie guy called Phil. He brought it back with him and then converted it (at a cost that was more than the original sticker price of the car). Phil held it for 6 years and then sold it to a guy called George who I just bought it off. Have spoken to them both. The car will def stay stock and pay homage to a car that is not known to exist by many here (when I posted it to several Mustang forums, several came back telling me they never made a Mach 1in 04).

Thought you'd like it. Most people on this side of the ocean are not familiar with the mighty GTHO Phase III, much less the Phase IV or the XC Cobras. They're some of my favorite muscle/race cars and the best I can do is put some Trax, Dinkum and Road Ragers, and Auto Arts on the shelf, along with a DDA Interceptor, of course.
Glad you've got one down where it is a truly unique sight and you'll spend a lot of time explainging al lot of things, but thats half the fun. And yes, they certainly did do an '04 Mach 1.
Cheers!

Big Ron 06-24-2019 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1634434)
Thought you'd like it. Most people on this side of the ocean are not familiar with the mighty GTHO Phase III, much less the Phase IV or the XC Cobras. They're some of my favorite muscle/race cars and the best I can do is put some Trax, Dinkum and Road Ragers, and Auto Arts on the shelf, along with a DDA Interceptor, of course.

As Paul Harvey used to say "now you have the rest of the story" and that explains everything!

Big Ron

ab_mach1 06-24-2019 12:43 PM

Welcome! She's a beauty. :CHEERS:

Recon 06-24-2019 08:11 PM

Welcome to the party, glad you could make it.
The interior looks weird being the steering wheel is on the WRONG side! 😇 So there’s only a hand full of Mach’s in the land down under? That’s a shame , probably #2 in my favorite New Edge.

Pick your poison.

boss69hogg 06-25-2019 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recon (Post 1634441)
Welcome to the party, glad you could make it.
The interior looks weird being the steering wheel is on the WRONG side! 😇 So there’s only a hand full of Mach’s in the land down under? That’s a shame , probably #2 in my favorite New Edge.

Pick your poison.

So far, mine is the only one I know of here.

Recon 06-25-2019 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boss69hogg (Post 1634444)
So far, mine is the only one I know of here.

According to post 2 in this thread there is/was at least one more Mach in Australia.

Pick your poison.

311-420 06-25-2019 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recon (Post 1634445)
According to post 2 in this thread there is/was at least one more Mach in Australia.

Pick your poison.

Muzman is in New Zealand which is also considered 'down under'

falcongtho3 06-25-2019 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1634446)
Muzman is in New Zealand which is also considered 'down under'

Same side of the planet, but certainly not the same country. It would be like saying that Scotland and England are the same or New York and Montreal are the same. It's how wars get started.

311-420 06-25-2019 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1634450)
Same side of the planet, but certainly not the same country. It would be like saying that Scotland and England are the same or New York and Montreal are the same. It's how wars get started.

Aussies and Kiwis are not to be confused lol

boss69hogg 06-26-2019 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1634450)

🤣🤣 - like saying Canada is part of America. Aussies and Kiwis have a familial relationship. We put heaps of **** on each other, but anyone else dare touch them we will defend them with our lives!