2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Website & Forums HELP/Feedback/Testing (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Signature Line(s) & Graphics (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=656)

03mach1 10-07-2002 12:54 PM

Signature Line(s) & Graphics

When creating your "Signature Line", Please do NOT use Graphics in them.
This eats up database space and BANDWIDTH increases and when everyone starts using them, It makes it hard to read the actual Text Messages.

I have seen this on other forums, and all you see is the Signature graphics all over the message posts....and you have to scroll way down to actually read the messages..... :)

If you need to make the text signature smaller, just put the codes in front of the text

i.e.
this is small text
[ size = 1 ] put text here [ /size] (without spaces)

BOLD: [ b ] [ /b ]
BOLD

IMAGES IN MESSAGE POSTS:
The Max. size is 800x600 and less then 70K in size.
The Max. size for an Avatar is 50x50 and less then 10K in size.

Also, you can upload MUCH larger Files in the Photogallery. You can upload up to 150K file size and then just link to the image in your message. see below.

Also, you can link to images other other sections of the website or other websites ex) [ img] http://www...../imagename.jpg [ /img] (Look at the Help section of the forums under VB CODES)
That will display the image directly.

Otherwise uploading it will only display an attachment link.

Thanks.
Questions, let me know!

WarpdSpazm 10-07-2002 01:00 PM

yeah, what he said.

It's true. Most of you know how annoying it is on BON or any where else. open a thread and all you see is graphic after graphic... takes like 5 minutes to load.... argh....avatar should be good enough. pics of our cars will go in "owners rides" (when they get here)

02mach1 10-07-2002 02:11 PM

I argee when get our car put on there,

34Ford 10-08-2002 08:09 PM

Opps,
Bet your talking about me.

Hey, is the forum 5 hours ahead of the east coast, or is it me?

Dennis

03mach1 10-08-2002 09:55 PM

Nope

You;'re okay, it's small and not too obtrusive...

It uses Greenwich? Mean Time (GMT) - 5 hours. (International Date Line)

Sometimes the time gets screwed up? and it states the wrong time...

The Forums are ON the East Coast, actually in Virginia, I think? I am not really sure...I am in NY...hmmm..maybe I am in another time zone??? Maybe the forums are in Texas or California, who cares, they work. :??:

dobiedog 10-09-2002 11:34 AM

animated gif....

Can and win XP experts help me here ? At work when I check the forum, the gifs are animated....worshippy...hammer etc. At home, they are not animated. What setting do I need to turn on ? Not serious, but I like the animation :rolleyes:

Oh yea....I am running win xp and the latest Internet Explorer...Thanks

03mach1 10-09-2002 12:39 PM

Web Settings

IN your Internet Explorer,

Goto (T)ools, Internet (O)ptions, (A)dvanced and scroll down to MultiMedia and make sure the box for [X] Play Animations in Web pages is CHECKED....

Hope that helps!

MidLifeC 10-09-2002 02:24 PM

Dave,

Your web server is in Sterling, VA. Hosted by Verio, a NTT company.

dobiedog 10-09-2002 02:27 PM

Thank you

I will give it a shot when I get home tonight. Thanks again. Man...I am on here at work again.....I AM addicted......

:SMASH:

34Ford 10-09-2002 04:02 PM

Okay, thanks Dave.

Yea, the forum is on time now.:)

Dennis

03mach1 10-09-2002 06:13 PM

Thanks!

I knew it was somewhere down there. Actually the company I am dealing with http://www.ntidesign.com has really good features/hosting rates at the time I needed a site. They share the Verio Computer backbone in a building or something??

As long as it is running, I am happy! :)

MidLifeC 10-09-2002 07:20 PM

Dave, Verio is huge. They, like other ASP's will rent servers' to small companies who then rent out the servers to people like you and me. www.verio.net, they have packages that start at $15/month. I did the same thing for my company, we were on a web server leased by a third party design company. I moved our web site to a large ASP for 1/2 the price. You're right though, as long as the rates are cheap, the service is good, the site stays up, and they use reasonable security measures, who cares where the server is.

mgk2 10-17-2002 02:20 PM

so what is this about signature?

Dave,

I am confused what is a signature and how do I make one for the computer post I make.

Mike:CHEERS:

Walt 01-04-2003 09:32 AM

Re: yeah, what he said.

Quote:

Originally posted by WarpdSpazm
yeah, what he said.
It's true. Most of you know how annoying it is on BON or any where else. open a thread and all you see is graphic after graphic... takes like 5 minutes to load.... argh....avatar should be good enough. pics of our cars will go in "owners rides" (when they get here)

RayMuratore@msn.com
AIM:WarpdSpazm
2003 Mach 1 Torch RED, 5-spd, Member #75
Ordered: 6/15 - DORA 6/19
VIN: 340165
Bucked: 11/4 Build Date:11/7
ETA Dealer: 11/18 Actual Arrival: 12/03/02
Inaugural member : "10/7 Club"
12/14 Dyno with 550 miles:
RWHP = 279.2
RWTQ = 304.8

"Diagnosed with sever whiplash and a lead foot."

Is there any way to limit or restrict the length of Signature Lines?

IMHO, the number of lines in the signature should not exceed the number of lines of the actual text. A good example is quoted above.

A lot of this stuff could be simply put over in a "bio" no?

Just how many times do I need to read and re-read someone's VIN number, the color of his car, all the cars he has owned in their life time, favorite quote, etc?

WarpdSpazm 01-04-2003 11:23 AM

Is that better for you walt?

Walt 01-04-2003 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by WarpdSpazm
Is that better for you walt?

Sorry, I wasn't really trying to pick on just you. :)

I am just proposing that the text-to-signature "ratio" should never be more than 50%. In other words, the number of lines in that person's signature should never be more than the number of lines in the important message one is trying to write.

Mostly, I support people having something important to add to the thread, but that message can all to easily get lost in a "sea" of line after line after line in the long signature.

There is already a handy "Profile" button at the end of each posting. IMHO, it should be in those profiles that people keep their all personal info, not at the end of each and every posting they make. Anyone interested in that person's info, after reading a posting, can just click on the "Profile" button and read it too.

L.B. 05-30-2003 10:40 AM

Hellooooooo

Quote:

Originally posted by Walt
Is there any way to limit or restrict the length of Signature Lines?

IMHO, the number of lines in the signature should not exceed the number of lines of the actual text. A good example is quoted above.

A lot of this stuff could be simply put over in a "bio" no?

Just how many times do I need to read and re-read someone's VIN number, the color of his car, all the cars he has owned in their life time, favorite quote, etc?

Ummmm...Or....you could just go into your "Edit options" on your "User control panel" and under "Thread View Options" select "no" for "Show user's signatures in their posts?"....I'm pretty sure that's why that option is available :rolleyes:

Personally, the signature area, especially when mods are listed, is one of my favorite things on this website...I enjoy seeing what mods others are doing...it has prompted many a PM and/or photo request...both from me and to me...

Walt 05-31-2003 08:35 PM

Re: Hellooooooo

Quote:

Originally posted by L.B.
Ummmm...Or....you could just go into your "Edit options" on your "User control panel" and under "Thread View Options" select "no" for "Show user's signatures in their posts?"....I'm pretty sure that's why that option is available :rolleyes:

Wow, thanks! It works.

I had seen that option, but assumed that "user's signature" meant my signature. Therefore, that option meant to show (or not show) my signature in my own posts.

I didn't realize that in the options section sometimes the term "user" meant me, and sometimes it meant other users.

305PNYS 06-01-2003 12:18 AM

IMHO, Everything you guys would want to know about me is all there already. I have a yellow avatar and my name is pretty specific to my gender. Occasionally I sign with my first name. I have no past mustangs to include in my sig. That's really the only thing I notice in a sig. I think only unusual facts warrant a signature line. We are all talking about the same car :LAUGH: Many have the same mods. etc etc etc.....

Cheryl
Married female in California
<< zinc yellow Ummmmm....Mach 1..oh...2003 model. Completely stock with the exception of owner tags. (stomp stomp..it is a mod, it didn't come with the car!!);) ;) ;)
Any suggestions on what else to add??? :LAUGH: :LAUGH:
Just having a funny guys, don't anyone get their jockeys in a bunch. I appreciate all the different personalities here!

MachB1ue 06-01-2003 12:39 AM

I agree...long indepth signatures are useless. Just state the facts and be done with it.

Bullitt5094 02-26-2004 02:32 PM

For some reason, I can't use VB codes to insert pics on this site, like this one...

http://www.rcwatson.com/cobrabrake.jpg

What am I doing wrong. This same link worked on two other forums I tested it on.

Edit: Now it works on this forum section. Man, am I confused!

OK, lets try this one...

http://www.rcwatson.com/bullittsnake4.jpg

OK, I posted both of those in the Problems section and neither of them are coming up there. I surrender. :SMASH:

New Mach 03-22-2005 06:36 PM

Re: Signature Line(s) & Graphics

I would like to add a "orange" Mustang avatar to my thread.
1. Is it okay to do that (seems I may need to borrow the photo from someone)
2. Are there instructions on how to perform install?

Thank you,

Michae (aka Vffr1)

New Mach 03-22-2005 06:38 PM

Nevermind, seems I figured it out.

Michael

Koz-04Mach 03-22-2005 08:14 PM

I have a question on sigs. I have tried to resolve mine but I cant find out how. On other boards there was a way to make it so only your first post in a thread showd your sig, while any new replys on the same thread left it off. Is that an option on this board? I cant seem to find that setting?

03mach1 03-23-2005 05:43 PM

It is probably a 'hack' for the forums, we don't have that installed