2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Engine & Drivetrain (Including trans & rear axles) (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Clutch Fork Dilemma (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=126901)

USMCWeatherMan 03-05-2013 12:48 PM

Clutch Fork Dilemma

Apparently Ford Racing is no longer making their clutch fork with part # M-7515-A.

American Muscle has listed the part as discontinued on their site and its out of stock everywhere else I have checked.

Late Model Restoration says they have placed an order from their vendor, but that order has already been pushed back by 1 week. I have an order in with them for when/if they get them back in stock.

My question is, are there any other alternatives out there in lieu of buying OEM through $tealership?

Clutch fork is the last part I need before I swap out new clutch.

I know I dont "need" a new clutch fork, but was just going to go with new everything while I was in there and for what was a relatively cheap price for the FRPP I figured why not.

I did find 2 on EBay but the **** price gouging b@stards are asking over $200 for them.

As always, thanks in advance.

Kove 03-06-2013 10:07 AM

I just got one from Lethal Performance within the past month.

USMCWeatherMan 03-06-2013 04:31 PM

Re: Clutch Fork Dilemma

Yeah, I just checked them...they no longer have a listing for a clutch fork.

Will probably just have to wait and see if Late Model Resto gets theirs in...or just use the one in the tranny right now.

I see that AM offers the Lakewood clutch fork but state that you must use their bellhousing, which of course I cant find anywhere either.

Worst case could always order a stock replacement.

rar1955 03-07-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USMCWeatherMan (Post 1535616)
Apparently Ford Racing is no longer making their clutch fork with part # M-7515-A.

American Muscle has listed the part as discontinued on their site and its out of stock everywhere else I have checked.

Late Model Restoration says they have placed an order from their vendor, but that order has already been pushed back by 1 week. I have an order in with them for when/if they get them back in stock.

My question is, are there any other alternatives out there in lieu of buying OEM through $tealership?

Clutch fork is the last part I need before I swap out new clutch.

I know I dont "need" a new clutch fork, but was just going to go with new everything while I was in there and for what was a relatively cheap price for the FRPP I figured why not.

I did find 2 on EBay but the **** price gouging b@stards are asking over $200 for them.

As always, thanks in advance.

ProMotion

Mustanger2 03-07-2013 01:53 PM

Careful...I tried the Lakewood one from AM & it was too short! Even though it is listed as correct for 94-04 it is not. AM returned my money & I bought a Ford Racing OEM one....

USMCWeatherMan 03-07-2013 08:07 PM

Thanks for the replies! I've got another lead to follow up on tomorrow, but if it falls through I'll check into the Promotion one.

I read the reviews on the Lakewood one about it being too short, which most say resulted in a stiffer pedal feel, which was an immediate eyebrow raiser for me.