2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

gvervoren 03-10-2008 09:15 AM

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 963008)
I think that there is a conspiriacy with Nascar to prevent any of the Hendricks cars from winning. I think they want Ford and Toyota to win.

Sound crazy? Your right it is. It's as crazy as some of the goofy talk about favoritism from Nascar to see only Hendricks win. :crazy:

There is no conspiracy, no favoritism, no special treatments. The team with the best driver, setup, team, and some luck on that day is going to win.

I have to agree with you on that one!!!! Just wait though, when one of the Hendricks boys win, people will say NASCAR let them win cause they haven't won in a while.

falcongtho3 03-10-2008 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 963008)
I think that there is a conspiriacy with Nascar to prevent any of the Hendricks cars from winning. I think they want Ford and Toyota to win.
Sound crazy? Your right it is. It's as crazy as some of the goofy talk about favoritism from Nascar to see only Hendricks win. :crazy: .

That would have been LAST SEASON!

:borg:

ylopony 03-11-2008 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 963356)
That would have been LAST SEASON!

Oh I see how that works now. Hendricks is not winning so Nascar has switched allegence and is now bed partners with Roush and Toyota. Hmm, I bet your favorite author is Michael Meyers. :23: (j/k)

falcongtho3 03-11-2008 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 963566)
Oh I see how that works now. Hendricks is not winning so Nascar has switched allegence and is now bed partners with Roush and Toyota. Hmm, I bet your favorite author is Michael Meyers. :23: (j/k)

You mean Mike Meyers the serial killer from 'Halloween'? Sure, I like his work...in the first movie! And don't even bring up that sucky relaunch last year.
But I digress...you obviously missed the memo alerting fans that Toyota now pays NASCAR much better that Rick or Jack or any of the other teams is.

Blackpony04 03-12-2008 09:50 PM

Darrell Waltrip has a man-fetish for Kyle Busch. Have you guys noticed how often Waltrip talks about that punk? It took 5 seconds--the very first sentence he uttered--for Waltrip to mention the Shrub on last Sunday's broadcast. To say that Toyota isn't greasing Fox's palms to constantly talk about them and their drivers is just delusional. :anger:

falcongtho3 03-12-2008 10:00 PM

That's all right. When Nextel/Sprint goes belly up in a year or two you can probably look forward to the series being called the Toyota Invitational Cup.
Can we go Trans Am racing or something now?

03mach69mach 03-13-2008 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 964529)
That's all right. When Nextel/Sprint goes belly up in a year or two you can probably look forward to the series being called the Toyota Invitational Cup.
Can we go Trans Am racing or something now?

There's always NHRA with a new Ford Hemi Nitro Engine & Legend John Force!!:3amin:

ylopony 03-13-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03mach69mach (Post 964673)
There's always NHRA with a new Ford Hemi Nitro Engine & Legend John Force!!:3amin:

You never know. Joe Gibbs sold out to Toyota. Who's to say that John Force won't as well. It would not surprise me to see Toyota running in the NHRA in the near future. I sure hope not. It's bad enough in Nascar with them there. :frown:

03mach69mach 03-13-2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 964870)
You never know. Joe Gibbs sold out to Toyota. Who's to say that John Force won't as well. It would not surprise me to see Toyota running in the NHRA in the near future. I sure hope not. It's bad enough in Nascar with them there. :frown:

News Flash.....

They have been there for a couple of years (or at least the bodies on funny cars have). Up until late last year, all the Nitro engines were a derivative of the Mopar hemi. Ford, John Force Racing lead by John Medlin have designed from the ground up a Ford Nitro motor!! Check it out.

http://jalopnik.com/cars/sema/sema-2...tro-316917.php

ylopony 03-13-2008 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03mach69mach (Post 964896)
News Flash.....

They have been there for a couple of years (or at least the bodies on funny cars have). Up until late last year, all the Nitro engines were a derivative of the Mopar hemi. Ford, John Force Racing lead by John Medlin have designed from the ground up a Ford Nitro motor!! Check it out.

http://jalopnik.com/cars/sema/sema-2...tro-316917.php

Goes to show what I know in NHRA. I've only been to one event in my life and really don't follow it on tv either. Other than John Force I couln't tell you a current person in NHRA. I'd rather be on the track than watch it.

For me I find racers making left turns all day more exciting than racers going in a straight line for a 1/4 mile. LOL

03mach69mach 03-13-2008 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 964933)
Goes to show what I know in NHRA. I've only been to one event in my life and really don't follow it on tv either. Other than John Force I couln't tell you a current person in NHRA. I'd rather be on the track than watch it.

For me I find racers making left turns all day more exciting than racers going in a straight line for a 1/4 mile. LOL

Tonight is the Food City Race Night here in Kingsport. Haven't heard what drivers are there. I know that if you want tickets, you can have any and all you want. With last August's race being such a sleeper at Bristol due to the track re-confirguration, no one is interested in sitting in the cold watching them turn left. I put my money where my mouth is and didn't take my season tickets. Nascar, Brian France, COT & vast amounts of $$$$$ have ruined a once proud, popular & exciting sport. If you would like to come Sunday, I can help direct you to good parking for easy exit after the snooze- I mean race. I am sure that you can get a real deal on tickets.

Blackpony04 03-13-2008 11:55 PM

I think the only NASCAR race I'd be interested in seeing live anymore are the trucks cuz at least they beat and bang into each other. Races are a little short but they're a heck of a lot more exciting than the Cup cars....

02mach1 03-16-2008 01:31 PM

Today race I'am taking the Biff #16

Thunderbolt 03-16-2008 02:16 PM

I sometimes wonder what kind of weed these announcers are smoking when they make a pick for who could win the race. I was in the kitchen and I heard one of the announcers say David Reutimann. Give me a break. If that guy wins 1 Cup race in his whole career he'll be lucky. :smokin:

G 03-16-2008 05:19 PM

Great finish, I couldn't be more satisfied. :23:

NO toyota in the top 3. :worship:

kiler be 03-16-2008 06:01 PM

I think that was FOX-SPORTS best race !!!!!! WALTRIP could not TALK!!!:CHEERS: :yeh: :THUMBSUP:

gvervoren 03-16-2008 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiler be (Post 966456)
I think that was FOX-SPORTS best race !!!!!! WALTRIP could not TALK!!!:CHEERS: :yeh: :THUMBSUP:

I wonder why he was even there? It was nice not having him rave on and on about the Toyotas though. We all know that's all he talks about.

Thunderbolt 03-16-2008 06:38 PM

That was pathetic having to listen to Waltrip. It was like watching those Mucus commercials with that fat flem ball guy making a home in his lungs. That was a great finish to the race. Nice to see a cool guy like Jeff Burton win.

ylopony 03-16-2008 06:55 PM

Awesome race. Nice to see Stewart and Busch wreck those Toyota's.

It was nice to see a class guy like Jeff Burtin win the race. To bad he don't race for Hendricks. :23:

falcongtho3 03-16-2008 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 966472)
Awesome race. Nice to see Stewart and Busch wreck those Toyota's.

It was nice to see a class guy like Jeff Burtin win the race. To bad he don't race for Hendricks. :23:

Ummm...then he probably WOULDN'T have won...

But I do agree on the Toyota assessment...seeing Tony smack another wall makes me wonder when they'll figure out that they need to take the big magnets out of the doors...or not...

kiler be 03-16-2008 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 966464)
That was pathetic having to listen to Waltrip. It was like watching those Mucus commercials with that fat flem ball guy making a home in his lungs. That was a great finish to the race. Nice to see a cool guy like Jeff Burton win.

:agree: :23: :CHEERS:

FEARED 03-16-2008 10:03 PM

Yea good race, im glad burton won!! Too bad Jarret couldnt get a decent race in to finish off his career.. =(

ylopony 03-17-2008 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FEARED (Post 966550)
Yea good race, im glad burton won!! Too bad Jarret couldnt get a decent race in to finish off his career.. =(

Normally I would agree with you on Jarrett. But once he switced over to Toyota screw him. What a way to tarnish a great legacy that he created. I'm glad he sucked while with Toyota. :)

gvervoren 03-18-2008 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 966856)
Normally I would agree with you on Jarrett. But once he switced over to Toyota screw him. What a way to tarnish a great legacy that he created. I'm glad he sucked while with Toyota. :)

Yeah but the thing is, for some reason ,he wasn't doing that great with Yates towards the end either though.