2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

02mach1 06-12-2007 01:01 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Wait until the case, lets see who going win Championship, it will not be Hentricks cars, it's going be good old Roush and Matt 17# to win it all.

ylopony 06-12-2007 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 (Post 808806)
With the amount of talent at this level of racing, it is more about being at the right place at the right time than any skill. Whether we like their personality or not, every driver on the track has proven themselves and is a candidate to win any race. It's just a matter of luck.

Overall, I'd have to disagree with you. It still takes the talent to drive and the crew with good equipment to win a race. Luck always has some part of the equation. However, talent still creates the luck.

On just about every race day with the entire field about half of them have any real chance to win the race. The car has to be top notch, the crew top notch, and the driver top notch to measure up to the likes of a Gordon, Stewart, Johnson, Kenseth, Martin just to name a few. These are the guys that win week in and week out.

However, I will agree with you that the skills of the drivers are proven. Even the worst driver is a very good one.

04VAMach1 06-12-2007 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 808939)
Overall, I'd have to disagree with you. It still takes the talent to drive and the crew with good equipment to win a race. Luck always has some part of the equation. However, talent still creates the luck.

On just about every race day with the entire field about half of them have any real chance to win the race. The car has to be top notch, the crew top notch, and the driver top notch to measure up to the likes of a Gordon, Stewart, Johnson, Kenseth, Martin just to name a few. These are the guys that win week in and week out.

However, I will agree with you that the skills of the drivers are proven. Even the worst driver is a very good one.

OK, I'll concede that at least half the field can win on any given day.:D

There's more luck involved than you are giving credit towards...Gordon won because the rain came down while he was in the lead. Had the rain held off for 5 laps, do you think he would have won? I agree that he was good enough to be where he was at that time, but it was pure luck that he was able to be there when the race was called.

Then you have other cars taking out contenders, mechanical failures, debris damage, pit road mishaps...the list is endless. Some of it is experience, but a lot of it is pure luck avoiding the things that take a car out of contention.

Just ask any driver out there...they would rather be lucky than good any day.

Thunderbolt 06-12-2007 04:31 PM

I just saw a disgusting rumor on another site that said Jr. is gonna announce tomorrow that he is going to be in the #5 car for Hendricks next year:12: . I feel real sorry for Jr. fans if that's true. Of course Jr. fans will be kissing Hendricks butt if he wins a title with them.

ylopony 06-12-2007 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 809010)
I just saw a disgusting rumor on another site that said Jr. is gonna announce tomorrow that he is going to be in the #5 car for Hendricks next year:12: . I feel real sorry for Jr. fans if that's true. Of course Jr. fans will be kissing Hendricks butt if he wins a title with them.

That would be awesome news. Kyle Busch is the only driver in the Hendricks team that I can't stand. Perhaps Kyle can go race Toyota's next year. But I doubt there is any truth to it.

gvervoren 06-12-2007 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 809010)

I had heard a few weeks back that Hendricks wasn't really interested because they had no plans on changing any drivers for next year. I guess you never really know though.

FEARED 06-12-2007 05:49 PM

I wonder what sponsor would pick him up?? And i cant imagine him with Hendrick.. just because i always thought there was a rival with him and Hendrick.

weaver 06-12-2007 06:57 PM

Looks like Jr. is going to Hendrick. :Flame:

gvervoren 06-12-2007 09:21 PM

Just read this article.

jr. to HMS

G 06-12-2007 10:19 PM

Ginn, RCR, JGR, or HMS in that order. :23:

ylopony 06-12-2007 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FEARED (Post 809046)
I wonder what sponsor would pick him up?? And i cant imagine him with Hendrick.. just because i always thought there was a rival with him and Hendrick.

I'm not so sure that there ever was a rival. I think the so called rival is the intense dislike for Gordon that many Earnhardt fans have. They have this misconceived conception that Dale Sr. hated Gordon.

I personally think this would be awesome. I like Gordon, Johnson, starting to like Mears the more I watch him, and like Earnhardt Jr. Kyle Busch was the only driver with Hendricks that I hated to see do well. Can't stand the punk just like I can't stand his punk brother.

I'm sure that if this turns out to be true tomorrow the army of red is going to have some serious rumbling. I can imagine next year in Daytona: Earnhardt fans cheering on Gordon as he helps to draft and push Earnhardt to a Daytona victory in his first race with Hendricks. :31:

falcongtho3 06-12-2007 10:51 PM

Wooo...hoo! Another great reason for me to hate (OK...seriously dislike) the entire Henricks organization even more than I already did! It'll be really funny if Kyle ends up with DEI and end up in a car with the #8 on the side! Boy, can I see some tatoo parlours getting some serious business overnight! Can't wait to hear not only the official annoucement, but Kyles take on the whoel affair.
:borg:

Blackpony04 06-12-2007 11:03 PM

Budweiser #25 like in the old days is what I see. Kyle gone, Mears in #5.

And it will be just like that commercial where Junior joked about changing his number and everyone went nuts! :11:

ylopony 06-13-2007 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackpony04 (Post 809201)
Budweiser #25 like in the old days is what I see. Kyle gone, Mears in #5.

And it will be just like that commercial where Junior joked about changing his number and everyone went nuts! :11:

That would be nice to see him in the #25 with Budweiser and Mears moved to the #5 car. That is the rumor that I'm reading.

As for Budweiser, I'm sure they are going to move with Dale and not stay with DEI. It would be a mistake to not follow the most popular driver who will be moving to the top racing team in Nascar.

weaver 06-13-2007 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 809186)
I'm not so sure that there ever was a rival. I think the so called rival is the intense dislike for Gordon that many Earnhardt fans have. They have this misconceived conception that Dale Sr. hated Gordon.

Not all of us. There are some of us Earnhardt fans who have an undertsanding of Gordon and Sr's relationship. I've been an Earnhardt forever and have pulled for Gordon on many ocassions. I couldn't stand Jr. when he hit the scene. I thought he didn't have any talent and was only in NASCAR because of his dad. Of course he's been my driver for years now and I take more sh!t for being a fan of his. People still think if you're a Jr. fan then you must have jumped on the bandwagon.

falcongtho3 06-13-2007 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 809251)
That would be nice to see him in the #25 with Budweiser and Mears moved to the #5 car. That is the rumor that I'm reading.

As for Budweiser, I'm sure they are going to move with Dale and not stay with DEI. It would be a mistake to not follow the most popular driver who will be moving to the top racing team in Nascar.

It'll all come out later today, and I agree with you on the Bud idea but it doesn't sound like that is a lock...oddly enough. If I were Budweiser, I'd be wherever I needed to be so that I could stay in the Jr. camp. I'm wondering about the future of Tony Eury, Jr. as well ???
http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/head...ans/index.html
:borg:

04VAMach1 06-13-2007 01:10 PM

It's official...Kyle Busch doesn't have ride next year :D

We still don't know what # or if Budweiser will follow him, but Jr made the announcement

FEARED 06-13-2007 05:32 PM

crazyness!!

pic18 06-13-2007 05:59 PM

Gordon fans and Junior fans, it's time to unite! There's barely any reason for the rest of the field to show up anymore. Imagine a talented dirver in the 5 car who isn't going to wreck it every race. This will make for a really cool team t-shirt!

gvervoren 06-13-2007 09:39 PM

Yup. It is official now. Jr. will be with HMS. Here is one article.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?...yhoo&type=lgns

Azure Blurr 06-13-2007 10:03 PM

I think I just got a little sick!

ylopony 06-13-2007 10:05 PM

What's interesting with Hendricks sponsors. They are all signed through next year. I'm sure that DEI is going to make a serious push to keep Budweiser in their camp. Think of the irony if Kyle Busch were to drive the Budweiser car and Kurt Busch in his Miller Lite car.

I have to admit, as a Nascar fan I'm excited that Dale Jr. will be joining the team with Gordon and Johnson. That is an awesome lineup. And Mears is showing some talent as well. Now if only Hendricks cars were Fords and winning, that would be utopia. :HOPPY:

G 06-13-2007 10:12 PM

I was just in the yard talking to my neighbor who WAS a huge JR fan. When I asked about the JR move he said who, I say "Dale JR" and he says, "he's dead to me." :23: :23: :23:

Now that's just silly. I would gladly drive a HMS car, even the 24, and actually you could even call me Geoff Gordon. I would love the booing all the way to the bank. :smokin: :23:

ylopony 06-13-2007 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 809523)
Now that's just silly. I would gladly drive a HMS car, even the 24, and actually you could even call me Geoff Gordon. I would love the booing all the way to the bank. :smokin: :23:

:23:

Jr joining Hedricks, this is like Mrs. Hatfield jumping in the sack with Mr. Mccoy

03mach69mach 06-14-2007 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 809532)
:23:

Jr joining Hedricks, this is like Mrs. Hatfield jumping in the sack with Mr. Mccoy

Or like Mark Martin drivin' a cheby:mad:

I would like to welcome all the Jr fans to our world. At least your guy didn't change makes, imagine how that would have went over!!