2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

falcongtho3 11-18-2012 10:13 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

I will agree that Brad is wayyy better to have on board than Kurt, but I still am not a fan. Besides, did you see his drunken interview on Sports Center?? If the season were still on , it would be points and fines, I'm sure.

:borg:

Thunderbolt 11-18-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 1520670)
I actually like the point system the way it is but I still don't care for "the Chase".

The Chase is what ruins it. Guys get to come back when normally they would'nt have had a chance to win a title. It's like that stupid philosophy they have in the schools now where we have to even things up if someone is too good, or give everyone a trophy so no one feels left out. Retarded.

Rice_slayer 11-19-2012 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1520694)
I will agree that Brad is wayyy better to have on board than Kurt, but I still am not a fan. Besides, did you see his drunken interview on Sports Center?? If the season were still on , it would be points and fines, I'm sure.

That interview was king, give the kid a break! I would be drunk off my a** too if I just won that lol. Good to see someone win that actually enjoys it instead of acting like a dam robot ie; johnson.

MAD_MACh1 11-19-2012 07:04 AM

IMO Brad is just what NASCAR needs. He speaks his mind without being a total *** like others, and isn't so plain vanilla looks flavorful.

What time was the Sportscenter interview? I saw him on Wind Tunnel around 9:30 and he was buzzing for sure. Reminded me of one of Rusty comments years ago "What do you think, we're sponsored by a beer company for Christsake!"

Now all he needs to do is pay that fine in pennies. lol

gvervoren 11-19-2012 07:26 PM

I'm going to have to look for that interview. I didn't see it.

falcongtho3 11-19-2012 08:01 PM

Try this link...
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nascar/s...ase-sprint-cup

We might start calling him Brad Buzzed-lowski...

gvervoren 11-19-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1520806)
Try this link...
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nascar/s...ase-sprint-cup

We might start calling him Brad Buzzed-lowski...

Well, At least he wasn't falling down drunk.

MAD_MACh1 11-20-2012 06:40 PM

I gotta believe after running the race it hit him pretty hard. Not to mention he is just a little pip squeak in size. I do want one of those glasses though. "Come on honey just one more" lol

Big Ron 11-20-2012 08:59 PM

"Officer, I've only had *burp* one drink!"

Big Ron

Thunderbolt 11-20-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Ron (Post 1520915)
"Officer, I've only had *burp* one drink!"

Me and a friend were driving back home the day after the Atlanta race in '99, and as we were driving on the freeway a cop got behind my truck (an F-150 at that time). I was nervous that I may have been speeding. The cop drives into the lane on my right and gets right beside us. Me and my friend both look over at the cop give a friendly wave. The cop gets on his loudspeaker and says "I LIKE THE #3 CAR, MYSELF". The cop was referring to the #88 sticker I had in my rear window (Dale Jarrett's number at the time). Me and my friend about crapped our pants. If that cop would have pulled us over we were toast. We had some illegal stuff on us.

I thought that interview was great. He was buzzed and still said all the right stuff.

Rice_slayer 11-20-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1520923)
I thought that interview was great. He was buzzed and still said all the right stuff.

This. I could see if he was bilgerant and just being an absolute mess but he was just being Brad lol. "You guys are on Sportscentre!! Make some Noise!!" Again, as an Edwards fan, he has come a LONG ways, I will always be a Carl fan, but I will defintily continue to root for Keselowski.

311-420 11-21-2012 06:44 AM

Keselowski gained points in my book after that race. His interviews were spot-on and he deserved the Cup. Congrats to those guys! :CHEERS:

gvervoren 11-21-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1520943)
Keselowski gained points in my book after that race. His interviews were spot-on and he deserved the Cup. Congrats to those guys! :CHEERS:

I agree. He didn't try to take sole credit once so ever for his championship. He made sure that everyone knew it was a team effort.

Big Ron 02-10-2013 09:09 PM

Only two more weeks............

Daytona 500 at 12:00 pm CST on Sunday, February 24th

Sprint Unlimited at 7:10 pm CST on Sat, Feb 16th

Duel # 1 at 1:00 pm CST on Thu, Feb 21st
Duel # 2 at 2:30 pm CST on Thu, Feb 21st

Looking for a brand new first-time Sprint Cup Champion this year!

Big Ron :thumbsup:

Thunderbolt 02-10-2013 09:27 PM

I'll miss the Duel races. I'll be at work. You think they'd change the time to a more evening into night race. It's barely afternoon on the west coast. You'd have a way better tv audience in the evening.

I did boycott watching Daytona and Talladega after that year they changed to tandem nut to butt racing. That was retarded. I can tolerate it for the last couple laps of the race, since you can still win it from the nut position.

311-420 02-11-2013 06:38 AM

These are the longest 90 days of the year for me.

gvervoren 02-11-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1532270)
I'll miss the Duel races. I'll be at work. You think they'd change the time to a more evening into night race. It's barely afternoon on the west coast. You'd have a way better tv audience in the evening.

I did boycott watching Daytona and Talladega after that year they changed to tandem nut to butt racing. That was retarded. I can tolerate it for the last couple laps of the race, since you can still win it from the nut position.

I have to DVR the duels too. BTW, Daytona and Talladega isn't so much tandem racing anymore.

Rice_slayer 02-11-2013 09:43 PM

I don't even know how much bump drafting we will see. They tried it once in the preseason thunder and it ended with a huge crash lol. I'm soooo pumped for Saturday night, missed my racing fix, go Roush AND Penske this year!

Thunderbolt 02-12-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 1532412)
BTW, Daytona and Talladega isn't so much tandem racing anymore.

No, it was just 2 years like 2009 and 2010 or something like that. Now it's usually just the last couple laps if their's a caution at the end. That does'nt bother me. Anymore, I just watch certain tracks because some of them are just too boring to me.

gvervoren 02-12-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1532442)
No, it was just 2 years like 2009 and 2010 or something like that. Now it's usually just the last couple laps if their's a caution at the end. That does'nt bother me. Anymore, I just watch certain tracks because some of them are just too boring to me.

Those were some pretty boring races. I'm glad it didn't last too long.

311-420 02-12-2013 08:09 PM

The fastest way around the super speedways is in a tandem. Nascar can, and will, change the cars over and over to hinder the teams from going tandem but the teams' engineers will always find a way around it.

Short tracks and the road courses are my favorites. Never a dull moment with those.

Thunderbolt 02-12-2013 09:05 PM

The team engineers are idiots because if people don't like that kind of racing they're not going to pay to go to that race. After the first Daytona race they did that tandem crap I did'nt watch Daytona or Talladega the next 2 years. I sure as hell would'nt go to see the race.

Nascar needs another road course and a 7/8th mile track. Dump a couple tracks that have 2 races.

Rice_slayer 02-12-2013 09:13 PM

Again, I don't even think there will be much BUMP drafting let alone tandem drafting. If anyone here was watching preseason thunder, they would have seen what happens when a chevy tries to push a Ford, a huge wreck. Only cars of the same manufactur can push eachother it seems since they all have unique body lines now.

Thunderbolt 02-12-2013 09:39 PM

Look for Gordon to :eyes: about it, then get caught 10 times during the race doing it himself.

WalkrTexasRngr 02-12-2013 09:53 PM

I cant wait...
So far we're going to:
Martinsville
Richmond
Charlotte
Richmond
Hopefully Dover
Its addicting. Once you go to one race, you wanna go to more. For the most part its cheap compared to other professional sports and the parking lot party is insane.

I already have a house full of friends coming over for the 500.