2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Q&A. HOW TO's, TSB's & Warranty Items (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Pass. Seat Rubbing FIX - Technical Service Bulliten (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3659)

Jc'S MaCh 1 03-28-2003 12:33 PM

Sticky this link please

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...&threadid=2718

Can and admin sticky this post. It's extremely informative and my Ford dealer was impressed when I walked into the dealership with that PDF file. It's very useful, it took me about 45 min to find it again today.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks

Jc

Grandmazer 03-28-2003 06:22 PM

Heck I think a whole section dedicated to tsb's and recalls would be a good idea myself. It could prove to be very helpfull. Mabye not on message board but somewhere on the site. It was just a thought anyway.

03mach1 03-28-2003 07:12 PM

Okay

Okay, YOu got! Thanks!

I was going to make a section for that, I figured we didn't need it yet...but would soon!

02mach1 04-15-2003 12:11 AM

Thanks, got mine fix:THUMBSUP:

03MachI 05-06-2003 11:08 PM

Seat Rubbing Problem

Yesterday I picked up the kit to solve the seat rubbing problem. I checked out the instructions in the TSB and the reference in the shop manual for the Mustang. The instructions only say to remove the seat back cover (with no detailed instructions). I thought, do I really want to do all that? I noticed that three of the seat track mounting holes were slotted and the one on the left front side was a round hole. I slotted that hole by 1/4" so I could push the whole seat over that much when I tightened the bolts and nuts. It worked fine, now I have 1/4" between the seat back and the door panel no matter where the seat is positioned.

This was a much easier fix than installing the kit. However, if the dealer installs the kit, that is no sweat to you. I didn't want those guys in my car or driving it.

Golions 05-08-2003 11:33 AM

Fixed my squeak as well. Loosen four bolts and slide seat over. Much easier than taking it to the dealer. I have got about 1/4 clearance.

Squeak was freaking annoying!

GiddyUp!

:THUMBSUP:

Ralph Greene 05-23-2003 06:46 AM

JC...Thanks for the info. The dealer fixed mine today also.

p411m 06-13-2003 10:02 AM

Unbolted my seat from floor and moved over worked great!:THUMBSUP:

p411m 06-14-2003 05:25 AM

Has anyone in CT done the kit themselves??

codymach 07-09-2003 12:12 PM

Great timing I talked to my Ford dealership today about this...he was going to look up the fix!

hotrodnut 07-20-2003 07:40 PM

Thanks, also thanks to all for the tips.
I went to the dealer about this asking if I could get the kit and do it myself. Everyone said yes, until I got to the Service Manager, he said "no".

So I politely said I'd just purchase it myself and do it. He apologized for not being able to break warranty guidelines and offered to pay for it out of his pocket! :cool:

FordMan 08-23-2003 12:14 AM

Just had the passenger seat fix done at a Ford delership after having them order the kit listed in the TSB. It moved the seat back away from the door panel about 3/8". Sounds like unbolting the seat from the floor and moving it over does about the same thing. Elsewhere in this forum there were comments about oil levels showing incorrectly on the dipstick. There's another TSB out about this occurrence that I have. I'll try to get it scanned and post it.

mrscherry2000 12-02-2003 11:30 AM

The above link wasn't working for me so here's the one that works: http://www.mach1registry.com/databas...ads/03-1-5.pdf

Greaser 12-05-2003 06:57 PM

I performed that TSB on a customers car today at the dealership I work at. It sure fixed the problem. Loosening the seat bolts and sliding it over and retightening them would also work in most cases, however be careful that the seat tracks stay parallel. If they are not, the seat will bind when the passenger adjusts the seat bottom to their desired position.

NoMoreGT 11-12-2004 08:17 PM

So we must slot ONE of the holes? I will be doing this on Sunday, cause mine is rubbin!

sbrooks 10-08-2006 05:30 PM

Re: Pass. Seat Rubbing FIX - Technical Service Bulliten

mine is rubbing took it onto the dealership to get the part order the noise was driving me crazy

sbrooks 10-21-2006 03:15 PM

got it fixed no noise took about two hours to get it back from dealership

Parker 12-03-2007 04:36 PM

Is there any limitations on how long before you take your car in for this tsb? I purchased my car used and the fix was never done.

FordMan 12-03-2007 04:41 PM

If it's out of the original factory warranty period (which it no doubt is) there is no obligation by Ford to fix it. TSB's are simply instructions for techs to use on commonly reported problems, they are not recalls.

dlandry427 12-03-2007 04:42 PM

TSB's aren't the same as a recall. If your car is stil under warranty, then it should be covered. If it's not, it's gonna come outta your pocket.

Scodbey 01-01-2008 12:19 PM

Re: Seat Rubbing Problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachI (Post 43723)
Yesterday I picked up the kit to solve the seat rubbing problem. I checked out the instructions in the TSB and the reference in the shop manual for the Mustang. The instructions only say to remove the seat back cover (with no detailed instructions). I thought, do I really want to do all that? I noticed that three of the seat track mounting holes were slotted and the one on the left front side was a round hole. I slotted that hole by 1/4" so I could push the whole seat over that much when I tightened the bolts and nuts. It worked fine, now I have 1/4" between the seat back and the door panel no matter where the seat is positioned.

This was a much easier fix than installing the kit. However, if the dealer installs the kit, that is no sweat to you. I didn't want those guys in my car or driving it.

Does anyone have pics of them doing this? The squeak is getting to me. Some referance pics would be very helpfull!!!! Thanks

hawk 01-01-2008 12:25 PM

Re: Seat Rubbing Problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scodbey (Post 925490)
Does anyone have pics of them doing this? The squeak is getting to me. Some referance pics would be very helpfull!!!! Thanks

I just loosened the inboard bolts, and removed the outboard ones. I put a couple of washers under each end of the outboard track and re-installed the bolts. Worked fine...

Scodbey 01-06-2008 12:37 AM

seems easy enough! Thanks

JVRMach 11-11-2008 12:47 PM

Just called about them fixing mine and they said they would not cover it at this point. The parts are $11.95 and its a special order. Any photo's anyone has would be great. Thanks

GONEN6T 01-07-2018 10:05 PM

Good info so bringing it current