2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Electrical System (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   CD 6 Player Problems - $90.00 Solution (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=63877)

Aerowrench 04-19-2007 06:02 PM

CD 6 Player Problems - $90.00 Solution

After the third f*cking radio I bought on eBay - One the wrong spec., another the wrong radio entirely (used a Mach 1 interior shot for his listing) and the third with a D.O.A. CD player, I finally gave up and went searching for an OEM car audio repair shop. These guys know exactly what's need to fix your CD player.
They quoted me around $90 if I sent in my CD player only, so here's some tips on seperating the faceplate and radio/ CD player.

-Obtain a T08 and a T10 Torx bits (these are small! Radio Shack carries them in a kit)
-Pull on the volume knob, it pops right off
-Remove the faceplate (4 countersunk screws, carefully pop it over the 4 tabs), disconnect the small 2 pin plug
-If you want, this is a good time to clean your faceplate. Remove the circuit board by removing the gold screws and lift it out. I washed mine with mild detergent and a paint brush, rinse and blow dry with compressed air. It's just plastic at this point, allow to air dry completely.
-The CD player is held on with side screws, pretty self-explanatory.

This is what you need to send off...http://www.rivetech.com/Fordmech.html

Home page...http://www.rivetech.com/

Fastbandit99 04-19-2007 06:40 PM

Re: CD 6 Player Problems - $90.00 Solution

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerowrench (Post 782332)
After the third f*cking radio I bought on eBay - One the wrong spec., another the wrong radio entirely (used a Mach 1 interior shot for his listing) and the third with a D.O.A. CD player, I finally gave up and went searching for an OEM car audio repair shop. These guys know exactly what's need to fix your CD player.
They quoted me around $90 if I sent in my CD player only, so here's some tips on seperating the faceplate and radio/ CD player.

-Obtain a T08 and a T10 Torx bits (these are small! Radio Shack carries them in a kit)
-Pull on the volume knob, it pops right off
-Remove the faceplate (4 countersunk screws, carefully pop it over the 4 tabs), disconnect the small 2 pin plug
-If you want, this is a good time to clean your faceplate. Remove the circuit board by removing the gold screws and lift it out. I washed mine with mild detergent and a paint brush, rinse and blow dry with compressed air. It's just plastic at this point, allow to air dry completely.
-The CD player is held on with side screws, pretty self-explanatory.

This is what you need to send off...http://www.rivetech.com/Fordmech.html

Home page...http://www.rivetech.com/

Great post, my CD payer cycles on it own with the key off. I am afraid it could catch fire.

Not trying to highjack but you mentioned the specialty bits and I just bought this set from harbor freight and I thought this would be a good thread to post in. Very cheap price for all these bits.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=91310

hawk 04-19-2007 06:42 PM

Excellent info!

Aerowrench 04-19-2007 09:14 PM

Didn't think about Harbor Freight.

Another important point...These guys told me if our radios are shipped without a "shipping plug", all it takes is a good jolt to screw up the CD trays. Most resellers (online salvage yards) don't know this. -that big yellow caution placard isn't there for looks.

NightOfTheCow 07-06-2007 01:51 AM

OEM CD players have had issues for a long time. I rented a 2001 mustang 5 years ago and it was locking up. My '03 GT cd player started to lock up on me occasionally at 7,000 miles. My mach CD player died in September 2005. You'd think they'd do something about this.

03mach1 04-03-2008 12:16 PM

I know the mutli changers do NOT recommend CD's with "Paper Labels" on them, it can jam. It states in the owners manual, Only the direct print type CD's or if you make them yourself, just label them with a felt tip pen.

jpmach1 06-24-2008 08:04 PM

i have the 6 disc changer and it is broke this is the fouth time and my cd's are stuck i found someone who could fix the cd changer but it will cost me $320.00 but the problem is i do not want this radio any more what can i do please help

DownSouthMach 06-24-2008 08:14 PM

Buy one used on the registry or ebay. Be sure to get the right one for your year model.

Edit nevermind didn't fully read your post :smack:

I guess for cheap you can buy the harness and use an aftermarket cd player, but most will recomend ditching the whole 460 system. It sucks, but if my 6 disc craps out on me thats probly what i'll do

jpmach1 06-24-2008 08:37 PM

have you had any problems with yours

DownSouthMach 06-24-2008 11:05 PM

in my 02 gt it had problems ejecting cd's but it was easy to get them out.

In the mach, no problems at all.

dlandry427 07-09-2011 05:42 PM

0 dollar solution! I figured if a yanked it out and broke something, it was about time for a new one anyway. The unit is held in by to 7mm bolts, I think I saw 8mm posted earlier.

Three plugs, the clips are on the bottom. Then pull the antenna plug.

The whole thing comes apart with a T-10 bit and a phillips head screw driver. I just kept unscrewing things until I could separate the cd changer from the rest of the radio. The racks slide up and down on little plastic posts. If you gently move the clips back you can slide the trays up and down. Pulled out the jammed cd and put it all back together

And what do you know......It actually works again

8 Years into the Mach, and The Registry is still a priceless sorce of information. Thanks to the wisdom of all those that came before me!

Danny 07-10-2011 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlandry427 (Post 1404257)
0 dollar solution! I figured if a yanked it out and broke something, it was about time for a new one anyway. The unit is held in by to 7mm bolts, I think I saw 8mm posted earlier.

Three plugs, the clips are on the bottom. Then pull the antenna plug.

The whole thing comes apart with a T-10 bit and a phillips head screw driver. I just kept unscrewing things until I could separate the cd changer from the rest of the radio. The racks slide up and down on little plastic posts. If you gently move the clips back you can slide the trays up and down. Pulled out the jammed cd and put it all back together

And what do you know......It actually works again

8 Years into the Mach, and The Registry is still a priceless sorce of information. Thanks to the wisdom of all those that came before me!

Im always for saving money :teeth: gonna try this next weekend. Im not sure if I have a disc stuck in there or what but when I push on cd it tells me "ERROR" hopefully this fixes it because the punch to the stereo sure didnt do anything besides crack the lens :23:. Thanks

donjuaniii 08-18-2011 10:40 AM

Really good info -

Haven't had any prohblem with mine yet but it's always better to be knowledgeable & prepared...

gamatt 08-18-2011 11:48 AM

I fixed my CD player by getting an iPod adapter and hooking it up to the sat input. No more jammed cd's! ;)

X-1Mach1 09-15-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamatt (Post 1414613)
I fixed my CD player by getting an iPod adapter and hooking it up to the sat input. No more jammed cd's! ;)

Where is the sat input? On the back of the cd changer?

MACHERONER 01-04-2012 07:13 PM

[/QUOTE]8 Years into the Mach, and The Registry is still a priceless sorce of information. Thanks to the wisdom of all those that came before me![/QUOTE]

Couldnt have said it better.

ModularMach1 01-04-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x-1mach1 (Post 1423312)
where is the sat input? On the back of the cd changer?

x2!

jcooper0818 01-05-2012 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModularMach1 (Post 1449942)
x2!

04's have the sat only i do believe. I have an 03 but also have the ipod hookup. Just had to unplug the cd changer and plug the ipod connector that comes with the kit in its place and i've had an ipod hookup (iphone 4s in my case) hookup for over a year now :COOL:

i'll find a link and take a pic of my little setup for you to be jealous :D

gamatt 01-05-2012 07:23 AM

It's on the back of the radio in my '04. I'm putting my car back to stock to sell, so I'll be selling my PIE aux adapter soon. I just got an '03 Cobra so I'm going to have to order a slightly different one for it.

JimsZ 01-05-2012 08:16 AM

Wow... people wanting to fix stock stereo? Think if mine ever quits I will go aftermarket anyway! Anyone interested in an 03 before it breaks? Lol

Sent from INDIANA - Home of 236,745,944 highway construction barrels...

ModularMach1 01-05-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimsZ (Post 1450012)
Wow... people wanting to fix stock stereo? Think if mine ever quits I will go aftermarket anyway! Anyone interested in an 03 before it breaks? Lol

Sent from INDIANA - Home of 236,745,944 highway construction barrels...

I like the stock look. If i had an ipod jack I'd NEVER listen to cds. Or attempt to listen to them as it is most of the time lol

mach1z 01-16-2012 12:32 AM

pie makes a kit for 2003 radios. I just installed mine as part of my new years resolution :). I have limited control of the ipod through the stock head unit. I can't believe I let that stuff sit in my closet for almost a year.

MPG LOL 01-16-2012 01:35 PM

what do you need to plug in your ipod in to the satellite radio part?

BadAndy 06-12-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPG LOL (Post 1452438)
what do you need to plug in your ipod in to the satellite radio part?

This plugs in between the harness and radio.

http://www.amazon.com/FRDN-AUX-PIE-A..._172282_a1_4_p

This kit includes an RCA-to-3.5 audio adapter (plugs into PIE adapters RCA port) along with an extended auxiliary port that you can mount on a panel (I mounted mine at the bottom of the stereo surrounding panel) and cable to plug into your iPod/Pad/Phone/MP3 device or sat radio.

http://www.amazon.com/PAC-IS335-3-5-...pd_sim_sbs_e_1

Mach Dawg 08-19-2018 02:17 PM

Well boo this company is no longer in business. I know I'm the odd ball but I want to fix mine or repair it. I can't seem to find an aftermarket one that will load 6 CD's? Anyone know of a repair shop?