2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Mustangs Parts For Sale/Wanted (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   WTB Shaker spacer/riser and procharger plastic shaker diverter thingy (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=136815)

FenixFallen 05-21-2019 08:55 PM

WTB Shaker spacer/riser and procharger plastic shaker diverter thingy

Hello, I'm looking for a shaker spacer/riser, not to be confused with the intake plenum spacer (already have that). Not sure if anyone still makes them anymore.

I am also looking for the plastic piece that comes with the procharger kit for the Mach 1 that attaches to the shaker and diverts the air over near the filter. Here is a picture of the piece I'm talking about installed:
https://www.procharger.com/sites/def...?itok=Vc0Tu9lu

Any help would be appreciated in locating these pieces, thanks!

Mach1azure 05-23-2019 04:48 PM

Re: WTB Shaker spacer/riser and procharger plastic shaker diverter thingy

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenixFallen (Post 1634200)
Hello, I'm looking for a shaker spacer/riser, not to be confused with the intake plenum spacer (already have that). Not sure if anyone still makes them anymore.

I am also looking for the plastic piece that comes with the procharger kit for the Mach 1 that attaches to the shaker and diverts the air over near the filter. Here is a picture of the piece I'm talking about installed:
https://www.procharger.com/sites/def...?itok=Vc0Tu9lu

Any help would be appreciated in locating these pieces, thanks!

Funny, I posted the same thing on the Facebook page. No one makes them. You would have to have one custom made

FenixFallen 05-23-2019 07:54 PM

It looks like CDC makes a 3/8" riser, which is a little shorter than I was hoping for but it might do the job.

My crazy plan involves cutting/drilling slots or holes in the back of the spacer, and drilling holes in the lower shaker piece to turn the shaker into a heat exchanger. I have the shaker air diverter, which basically made the back half of the shaker useless, and once I installed the procharger the front half of the shaker lost most of its functionality as well, outside of just pulling cooler air into the engine bay. so I figure with a spacer I wouldn't have to destroy my shaker for an experiment. with the lower shaker if it doesn't work out I can always plug the holes.

Mattstang04 05-23-2019 10:47 PM

PM sent.

Mattstang04 05-24-2019 11:58 AM

4 Attachment(s)
3/4"

blieknight 06-24-2019 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattstang04 (Post 1634213)
3/4"

Where can I get one of those.

Mattstang04 07-01-2019 03:48 PM

They are rare. I had that one but ended up not using it. Ive owned my mach for 3 years. It was the only one I saw for sale soi I picked it up. Really have to keep a look out for them. They don't show up often and are terribly overpriced when they do. Mine sold. Good luck.

Murder Snake 07-01-2019 11:33 PM

I used to make the extensions, but people complained about the price even though I didn't charge that much. quit making them. people want it but don't want to pay for a custom piece.

Mattstang04 07-01-2019 11:40 PM

You maybe able to find a few new buyers now. What were you selling them for back when you made them?

Murder Snake 07-03-2019 10:42 PM

I think like $80 or $100 plus shipping. by the time my fab guy made them and I paid him, then three different paints to get it right on each one after sanding, it just wasn't worth all the effort. then you get the ones that complain that it didn't match their shaker in color.....yea, who knows what condition they were in. all I know is it matched the original color exactly. same color and finish. way too much trouble for the price.

HAEG 07-08-2019 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murder Snake (Post 1634502)
I think like $80 or $100 plus shipping. by the time my fab guy made them and I paid him, then three different paints to get it right on each one after sanding, it just wasn't worth all the effort. then you get the ones that complain that it didn't match their shaker in color.....yea, who knows what condition they were in. all I know is it matched the original color exactly. same color and finish. way too much trouble for the price.

Not sure which member I bought mine off of.. I still have it, have repainted it several times. Some people like it, some don't. I like it and that's what mattered to me.. I think I got it for just over a $100. with shipping. If it was from you, thank you.. Great piece I have appreciated for years. I'd buy another one.

Murder Snake 07-08-2019 07:45 PM

there were two people who sold them, one was quite awhile before I made them so depending on when you got it, it might have been me. thanks in any case for the compliments.

Murder Snake 07-08-2019 07:46 PM

by the way, when I sold them on here, my screen name was Frankenstang...had a bullitt mustang at the time that had the shaker on it.

Mach1azure 07-14-2019 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murder Snake (Post 1634530)
by the way, when I sold them on here, my screen name was Frankenstang...had a bullitt mustang at the time that had the shaker on it.

I was asking around a while ago on the Facebook page, if anyone decides to sell one. Personally message me. I would love to have one

HAEG 07-15-2019 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murder Snake (Post 1634529)
there were two people who sold them, one was quite awhile before I made them so depending on when you got it, it might have been me. thanks in any case for the compliments.

I'm guessing but would say maybe 2005?
But I bet it was you. I believe you had just started making them because the other person stopped.. Did you make a 4 inch one? I recall a guy having a huge one made.. In either case they were neat and I had to have one. Like I said its still going and people ask about it, where they could get one.

Murder Snake 07-15-2019 05:22 PM

I made: 1/2", 3/4" and 1". the one inch was tall.