2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Power Adders (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Eaton Swap..... (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=71833)

machgsxr 05-02-2013 05:13 AM

Re: Eaton Swap.....

From what I remember, I used a stock belt from an 03 cobra on my swap with the ewp. Only issue I had was the water pump rubbing on my pulley bridge.

03Machra 07-08-2013 07:03 PM

I have a 03/04 Cobra Starter/alternator wiring harness, will using this work with the Mach 1 engine wiring harness? My plans were to use the cobra one so I didn't have to mess with extending the Mach 1s alternator wires.

watman02 07-08-2013 09:44 PM

extending the harness is easy i would recommend doing that. read the whole thread,i know its long but its worth it.

bleedingfordblu 07-31-2013 08:34 PM

Well i noticed my cruise control doesnt work. The light on the dash doesnt come on when i turn it on and it doesnt hold speed. I didnt replace the cables when I did my swap. anyone else have this issue?

32vAB 07-31-2013 09:32 PM

haven't tried mine yet, but i'll drive it tomm if weather permits and see if its still working

JaybTorchedMach 08-01-2013 09:33 AM

I tried mine one day for the hell of it and it didn't work either. I replaced with Cobra Cable and all. It's not a big deal since I never take my car anywhere that requires cruise control so I haven't tried to fix it yet.

SHAKN' 04 08-01-2013 09:35 AM

Mine works fine.

watman02 08-01-2013 10:11 AM

mine works great even with mach cable.

bleedingfordblu 08-02-2013 06:28 PM

hmmm interesting. ill have to look more into it thanks guys

SHAUN 09-09-2013 09:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finished mines:COOL:
It took three months and the driving experience is rather impressive.:gears: I will be able to drive to fastlane in Benson NC for the complete tuning in a couple of weeks. I just have to wire in the IAT2 sensor and connect the vacuum gauge.

Cobra Drifter 09-10-2013 03:40 AM

Question: is the 01 Cobra clutch cable needed to be replaced (with which?) when doing the eaton swap and a T-56 swap with a McLeod twin disc RST cutch?

watman02 09-10-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHAUN (Post 1560333)
I finished mines:COOL:
It took three months and the driving experience is rather impressive.:gears: I will be able to drive to fastlane in Benson NC for the complete tuning in a couple of weeks. I just have to wire in the IAT2 sensor and connect the vacuum gauge.

sweet what pulley u running?

watman02 09-10-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobra Drifter (Post 1560377)
Question: is the 01 Cobra clutch cable needed to be replaced (with which?) when doing the eaton swap and a T-56 swap with a McLeod twin disc RST cutch?

Im running the stock clutch at the moment.

Cobra Drifter 09-12-2013 02:08 AM

Me too but its maxed out already with the clutch adjuster and grabs just as the clutch pedal is completely let out. After the eaton swap and the T56 swap with McLeod clutch its just not right height. Anything with the clutch needing a different throwout bearing?

SHAUN 09-12-2013 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watman02 (Post 1560397)
sweet what pulley u running?

I'm new to the boost world so, I measured the pulley that came with everything at 2 7/8" or 2.87".

04TorchRedMach1 07-01-2014 09:19 AM

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I just picked up an 04 Torch Red Mach 1, and plan to supercharge it. Is it still difficult to find all the parts for the Eaton swap? I haven't had a chance to look very much. I did see a swap kit on eBay for 4k which seems very very high. Is anybody selling any kits or have any left over parts? Again i apologize for reviving an old thread.

Thanks.

Silver_Bullet 07-01-2014 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04TorchRedMach1 (Post 1584448)
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I just picked up an 04 Torch Red Mach 1, and plan to supercharge it. Is it still difficult to find all the parts for the Eaton swap? I haven't had a chance to look very much. I did see a swap kit on eBay for 4k which seems very very high. Is anybody selling any kits or have any left over parts? Again i apologize for reviving an old thread.

Thanks.

Yea it's hard to find all of the parts one by one and takes a lone time to get them. I started my eaton last weekend I'm just working on it a few hrs after I get home form work every day, but I should have it done this weekend. What I did was buy a kit that had most of the pasts and just bought the rest when I found them. Here is a guy sell a kit that has most of the parts you need to do the swap http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...-FS-Eaton-Swap
Hope this helps you.

04TorchRedMach1 07-01-2014 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver_Bullet (Post 1584455)
Yea it's hard to find all of the parts one by one and takes a lone time to get them. I started my eaton last weekend I'm just working on it a few hrs after I get home form work every day, but I should have it done this weekend. What I did was buy a kit that had most of the pasts and just bought the rest when I found them. Here is a guy sell a kit that has most of the parts you need to do the swap http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...-FS-Eaton-Swap
Hope this helps you.

Awesome, thank you very much!

Mach828 07-01-2014 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobra Drifter (Post 1560620)
Me too but its maxed out already with the clutch adjuster and grabs just as the clutch pedal is completely let out. After the eaton swap and the T56 swap with McLeod clutch its just not right height. Anything with the clutch needing a different throwout bearing?

I know this is an old post. But just to answer for the next guy who has this issue.

The problem is the pivot ball. It needs to be shortened. The clutch fork angle is off, which is why you are having that problem. When you run a thicker clutch setup, like the twin disk, the pivot ball must be shortened. McLeod makes an adjustable one. I'd start with an 1/8" shorter than stock and go from there.

SHAUN 07-02-2014 08:24 AM

Quote:

Thanks.

Don't apologize, I thought I offended thread when I mentioned the pulley I have.
Looking at the ad silver_bullet provided, it appears that you will need an oil cooler, SC pulley, dampener, IC, IC pump, reservior, hardware and if you're using AC and power steering. Well, you understand. I have the IC with the lines I can sell, if needed.

Alex302 07-02-2014 09:55 AM

Quote:

Thanks.

i found a almost complete kit on this forum about 3 months ago for a good price after about year of looking. i got lucky to find it and have to money in hand.

fastlane 07-02-2014 01:57 PM

Some parts are still hard to find like the oil cooler and miscellaneous brackets but you can still get an almost complete kit for a decent price with a little patience. I bought a "complete kit" about 2 years ago and I am still finding little things here and there that I need even though I have been running well enough for the last 1.5 years. I have things like the Cobra power steering pump and associated hoses that I am going to install soon to clean up my install.

rcodemach1 01-01-2015 09:14 PM

This thread should not end. LOL.

Did you end up using the GT500 brackets? I'm about to on mine. I got a near new H/E and brackets for a little over $100 shipped. Seems like a score at the moment but there will be some mods needed on the brackets.

I am using Jerry's anodized brackets for my swap rather than the full factory setup. I'm about halfway through the swap. Parts have not been too hard to find but aren't in the pristine shape that you could expect a few years ago. Makes sense since the donor cars are obviously a good 10-11 years old now.

I used information from this thread to do this swap and an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of parts numbers, status of orders, and so forth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedingfordblu (Post 1534011)
Has anyone used a gt500 h/e bracket? I got one from the guy i got my kit from and he says its better because with the cobra one you have to cut the bumper and stuff. Should i just get a cobra bracket?

hendrixinthe70s 04-30-2015 02:44 PM

hey guys im doing my eaton swap on stock internals and im just wondering what size pulley i should get to get to around 450 hp to the tires? is the stock one enough or should i go smaller?

Mach828 04-30-2015 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hendrixinthe70s (Post 1600413)
hey guys im doing my eaton swap on stock internals and im just wondering what size pulley i should get to get to around 450 hp to the tires? is the stock one enough or should i go smaller?

Stock pulley will get the job done.