2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Power Adders (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Eaton Swap..... (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=71833)

Flash88 12-21-2012 02:08 PM

Re: Eaton Swap.....

i got my whole swap for $1000 + my N/A parts.

friend turbo'd his Cobra and needed my intake, timing cover, etc.

Kove 12-21-2012 02:44 PM

I guess I wasn't looking in the right places then.

mach18604 12-21-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kove (Post 1525322)
Are you saying a '01 Cobra bumper cover? I've got a '01 Cobra bumper cover on mine and I didn't have to do any trimming. That's with a stock Cobra H/E though.

yes.. thanks!

bleedingfordblu 01-26-2013 02:42 PM

i would just like to say F the cam cover gaskets. pain in my ***

watman02 01-26-2013 03:11 PM

^??? what's wrong with them?i haven't started my swap yet...too f@#%ing cold!!!

SHAKN' 04 01-26-2013 03:20 PM

You have to clean them off a bit, or at least get any old gasket sealer/maker off the head or cover for them to seal right. Also gotta dab a few spots of new gasket maker on them so no oil leaks out. I asse that's what's happening?

bleedingfordblu 01-27-2013 12:36 PM

I couldn't get the gasket to stay in the cover. They kept falling out and same on the driver side cover. I got it after like an hour later.

machgsxr 01-27-2013 05:42 PM

Why did you all take them out all the way? Just loosening was good enough for me.

In case they do fall out you can put some grease on them to help hold them up.

bleedingfordblu 01-30-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machgsxr (Post 1530588)
Why did you all take them out all the way? Just loosening was good enough for me.

In case they do fall out you can put some grease on them to help hold them up.

they fell out. i have some toyota gasket maker i used to hold them in place so its all bolted back up now.

what has everyone been doing with the pcv valve on the driver side that goes to the bottom of the lower intake manifold? also what can i get rid of when im doing my egr delete other than the obvious like tube, egr valve?

04Mach1Blurr 01-30-2013 07:57 PM

Delete the PCV system and run a catch can setup or filters.
Boost by pass
Head cooling mod

machgsxr 01-30-2013 08:00 PM

That whole bracket with three sensors on the drivers side of the Eaton . I connect that line from the lower intake to the back of the supercharger and to the the drivers side valve cover.

bleedingfordblu 01-30-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machgsxr (Post 1530945)
That whole bracket with three sensors on the drivers side of the Eaton . I connect that line from the lower intake to the back of the supercharger and to the the drivers side valve cover.

did you use a t fitting to split the line? maybe im reading it wrong :SMASH:

machgsxr 01-30-2013 09:19 PM

Yeah factory has a t fitting with some 90s on it. Need a pic? Text me 2105919167

fastlane 01-31-2013 11:16 AM

This thread has helped me tremendously. I put down 475/438 yesterday at HPP. The only thing I am having issue with is the IAT2. The tuner said he was seeing a constant 85*. So he set the timing at 14 degrees with a rich AF.

Anybody have any suggestions regarding the IAT2 reading a constant temp?

JaybTorchedMach 01-31-2013 01:59 PM

Hey Fastlane, what are your mods and what pulley are you running? I'm looking to start an Eaton Swap and am shooting for something along the lines of your numbers.

SHAKN' 04 01-31-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaybTorchedMach (Post 1531043)
Hey Fastlane, what are your mods and what pulley are you running? I'm looking to start an Eaton Swap and am shooting for something along the lines of your numbers.

Those numbers can easily be reached with a 3.4 pulley (9-10psi) accufab plenum/tb, full exhaust, and a solid tune around 14/15* of timing.

JaybTorchedMach 01-31-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHAKN' 04 (Post 1531045)
Those numbers can easily be reached with a 3.4 pulley (9-10psi) accufab plenum/tb, full exhaust, and a solid tune around 14/15* of timing.

I was actually looking to sit at 500 not much over, but didn't want to get bashed that my engine is going to blow lol :SMASH: I've had my eye on your build as well. Seems like anyone that has reached the 500 mark has installed cams. I've also seen a lot of low 400 numbers so I don't want to build and be disappointed when dyno day arrives.

I was planning on doing a 3.1 upper and adding meth to be safe. Of course all the "bolt-ons" are already taken care of minus the TB. Would the pulley be excessive for the stock internals?

machgsxr 01-31-2013 02:34 PM

Fastlane, it should only read iat1. Out cars don't have a second iat like the cobras do. What does the iat 1 say?

I wouldn't run smaller than a 3.4 pulley. Numbers vary by dyno type and it can be manipulated to say what they want it to. Don't get caught up in the numbers. With 407 on a mustang dyno i ran an 11.37 i think. With a dynojet i made 437 and ran an 11.47.

Both using stock upper and lower pulleys.

SHAKN' 04 01-31-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaybTorchedMach (Post 1531046)
I was actually looking to sit at 500 not much over, but didn't want to get bashed that my engine is going to blow lol :SMASH: I've had my eye on your build as well. Seems like anyone that has reached the 500 mark has installed cams. I've also seen a lot of low 400 numbers so I don't want to build and be disappointed when dyno day arrives.

I was planning on doing a 3.1 upper and adding meth to be safe. Of course all the "bolt-ons" are already taken care of minus the TB. Would the pulley be excessive for the stock internals?

Lol yea I've been told since I'm over the 500 mark it won't last long. But hey, my car has 123k miles and still running hard. Using a 3.1 pulley will get you the power for sure but the tune has to be spot on. Meth kit or killer chiller would be a good option.

fastlane 01-31-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaybTorchedMach (Post 1531043)

Mods are 96 Cobra cams, LTs, O/R H pipe, Accufab T/B, and the basic supporting mods for the Eaton swap. Other than that, I am running a 3.1 upper and stock lower on a ported blower.

I don't care about the dyno numbers either. I just want a safe tune. As far as the IAT1, I didn't ask if the tuner was logging that. I have the IAT wired into the TMAP sensor on the back of the blower. I will have to setup my SCT for some data logging to see what it is showing for IAT temps.

With the 14* of timing, we are maxxing out the 90mm Lightning MAF and we had to install a BAP to keep the Stryker 340lph fuel pump at less than 95 duty cycle.

machgsxr 01-31-2013 06:30 PM

Yeah, log iat1s. Even though it is wired into the iat2 spot, the way it is wired it is reading as iat1.

TKat13 01-31-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastlane (Post 1531056)
Mods are 96 Cobra cams, LTs, O/R H pipe, Accufab T/B, and the basic supporting mods for the Eaton swap. Other than that, I am running a 3.1 upper and stock lower on a ported blower.

I don't care about the dyno numbers either. I just want a safe tune. As far as the IAT1, I didn't ask if the tuner was logging that. I have the IAT wired into the TMAP sensor on the back of the blower. I will have to setup my SCT for some data logging to see what it is showing for IAT temps.

With the 14* of timing, we are maxxing out the 90mm Lightning MAF and we had to install a BAP to keep the Stryker 340lph fuel pump at less than 95 duty cycle.

Very impressive numbers, I spoke to Manny today and he asked me about my fuel setup, I'll send you a PM about the conversation. That's a ton of power for the stock bottom end. :) But, I personally believe you had one of the best tuners handle this for you. I won't take my car anywhere else.

fastlane 02-01-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machgsxr (Post 1531084)
Yeah, log iat1s. Even though it is wired into the iat2 spot, the way it is wired it is reading as iat1.

Cool, I will get on that this weekend.

TKat13 - Thanks for the info in the PM. I will be dropping the tank this weekend to replumb the pump and to modify the fuel basket a bit more.

bleedingfordblu 02-02-2013 10:06 AM

Anybody know the part number to the sensor on the driver side of the blower on the flange?

watman02 02-02-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastlane (Post 1531056)

^ I was going to get a stryker pump and will be running a Lmaf as well. what size injectors are you running??? i have some seimens 60# and some #39 as well. what is your duty cycle on your injectors as well as size. what fuel pressure are you running?? I was thinking about using a billiet flow pulley set up and running the stock and 3.4 and 3.1 pulleys on my ported blower. I see you are only at 14* timing why did you stop there and not take it to 15 or 16? just a question were you starting to loose fuel pressure???
sorry about all the questions