2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Accessories - Non Performance type add-ons (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I found a source for Mach 1 ID Tags! (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=117349)

03mach1 01-25-2012 06:17 AM

Re: I found a source for Mach 1 ID Tags!

YES, Ford monitors many sites and this happens all the time, that's why you don't see any Mach 1 Accessories anymore.

We even had to get approval for our Club T-Shirts.

MACH1RAMAIR 01-25-2012 09:03 AM

I consider myself lucky to have these items before they shut down, all say Mach 1
oil cap, floor mats, door sil plates, shift knob, licence plate holder, fender covers etc.
Ford needs to rethink this because it helps to keep the Mustang alive which in turn helps them. ( Just my opinion ).

Bill

Smith 01-25-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MACH1RAMAIR (Post 1454819)
I consider myself lucky to have these items before they shut down, all say Mach 1
oil cap, floor mats, door sil plates, shift knob, licence plate holder, fender covers etc.
Ford needs to rethink this because it helps to keep the Mustang alive which in turn helps them. ( Just my opinion ).

Bill

I agree. If Ford won't produce it, let others. I guess our Mach 1 aftermarket parts are getting more valuable!!

TRMach1 01-25-2012 10:39 AM

I totally understand Ford wanting and needing to protect it's trademarks and copyrights. What I don't understand is their unreasonable licensing fees charged to vendors to use those materials!

I toyed around with the idea several years back of making t-shirts, and when I contacted Ford about the licensing terms, they wanted like $300 per trademarked item shown in the design!

That means if the t-shirt design contained the Mustang script, Mach 1 logo, Ford blue oval, and running horse emblem, it would be $300 dollars for EACH of them, or $1200 dollars for a single t-shirt design! I was thinking more along the lines of $50 per design, regardless of how many Ford trademarks were in it, they didn't like that idea much. I was like screw that! I'd have to sell cases of t-shirts just to recoup the licensing costs!

The most notorious case that I'm aware of, was when Ford attempted to block INDIVIDUALS from using photos of their OWN cars for use in calendars, posters, etc., where the Ford trademarks were fully visible! I believe it was the Black Mustang Club that fought them, and won, on the basis that when you purchased the car, you also purchased all the Ford trademarks attached to that vehicle, and you have the reasonable right to be able to take pictures of the vehicle you purchased, regardless of what trademarks of Ford Motor Company may show up in the photographs.

Smith 01-25-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRMach1 (Post 1454828)
I totally understand Ford wanting and needing to protect it's trademarks and copyrights. What I don't understand is their unreasonable licensing fees charged to vendors to use those materials!

I toyed around with the idea several years back of making t-shirts, and when I contacted Ford about the licensing terms, they wanted like $300 per trademarked item shown in the design!

That means if the t-shirt design contained the Mustang script, Mach 1 logo, Ford blue oval, and running horse emblem, it would be $300 dollars for EACH of them, or $1200 dollars for a single t-shirt design! I was thinking more along the lines of $50 per design, regardless of how many Ford trademarks were in it, they didn't like that idea much. I was like screw that! I'd have to sell cases of t-shirts just to recoup the licensing costs!

The most notorious case that I'm aware of, was when Ford attempted to block INDIVIDUALS from using photos of their OWN cars for use in calendars, posters, etc., where the Ford trademarks were fully visible! I believe it was the Black Mustang Club that fought them, and won, on the basis that when you purchased the car, you also purchased all the Ford trademarks attached to that vehicle, and you have the reasonable right to be able to take pictures of the vehicle you purchased, regardless of what trademarks of Ford Motor Company may show up in the photographs.

Almost makes you want to go Chevy!! :laugh:

MACH1RAMAIR 01-25-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smith (Post 1454837)
Almost makes you want to go Chevy!! :laugh:

NO IT DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!! "never" and what makes anyone think they don't protect their trade mark's.

Smith 01-25-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MACH1RAMAIR (Post 1454851)
NO IT DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!! "never" and what makes anyone think they don't protect their trade mark's.

Just kidding!! :devil: But we could go Dodge...they have the Challenger!! :eek:

MACH1RAMAIR 01-25-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smith (Post 1454897)
Just kidding!! :devil: But we could go Dodge...they have the Challenger!! :eek:

I know you were kidding, my son inlaw is the manager of a chevy, dodge, jeep dealership and when he started there 15 years ago the 1st thing I told him "don't expect me to buy any chevy. dodge jeep but if you need $ for food Ill help"
I can get any of the above from him cheeper then any Ford, but I won't.
Bill

Smith 01-25-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MACH1RAMAIR (Post 1454928)
I know you were kidding, my son inlaw is the manager of a chevy, dodge, jeep dealership and when he started there 15 years ago the 1st thing I told him "don't expect me to buy any chevy. dodge jeep but if you need $ for food Ill help"
I can get any of the above from him cheeper then any Ford, but I won't.
Bill

I hear you!! But that Camaro is mighty Swweeeeettt!!! :eek:

JBrown 01-26-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MACH1RAMAIR (Post 1454819)

Bill

I agree, it is forums like this and its members that keep the enthusiasm alive, which in turn breeds return purchases as well as new customers.

Just an FYI, I will have a new tag design next week. No trade marks but still a nice piece that some of you may be interested in.

MACH1RAMAIR 01-26-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smith (Post 1454930)
I hear you!! But that Camaro is mighty Swweeeeettt!!! :eek:

If I won a new camaro free & clear I wouldn't be able to drive it fast enough to my nearest Ford dealer to trade it in and order a top of the line BOSS 302.

PS that's my last word on this.

rcode99 01-26-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBrown (Post 1455245)
Just an FYI, I will have a new tag design next week. No trade marks but still a nice piece that some of you may be interested in.

Bout time!

Mighty-d 01-26-2012 07:03 PM

Intrested. very cool

JBrown 01-26-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcode99 (Post 1455249)
Bout time!

Yeh, my vender went on vacation again, you believe that?

Smith 01-27-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MACH1RAMAIR (Post 1455248)
If I won a new camaro free & clear I wouldn't be able to drive it fast enough to my nearest Ford dealer to trade it in and order a top of the line BOSS 302.

PS that's my last word on this.

I would do the same thing!!!!

Smith 01-27-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBrown (Post 1455256)
Yeh, my vender went on vacation again, you believe that?

Good to see you back on here!!

JBrown 01-27-2012 11:04 PM

JBrown 01-31-2012 05:49 PM

Big Ron 01-31-2012 06:06 PM

Size? Price?

Big Ron :COOL:

Mach1 EH 01-31-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big ron (Post 1456437)
size? Price?

Big ron :cool:

+2 !!!

JBrown 01-31-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Ron (Post 1456437)
Size? Price?

Big Ron :COOL:

Same size and price as the original (see below) $44.50. I will not be taking orders until after February 15, 2012.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...wn1238/2-1.jpg

rcode99 01-31-2012 06:23 PM

Any reason why you can't indicate the car is a 2003/2004 Ford Mach 1 Mustang without copyright issues...as long as you use a different font and avoid the blue oval.

JBrown 01-31-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcode99 (Post 1456446)
Any reason why you can't indicate the car is a 2003/2004 Ford Mach 1 Mustang without copyright issues...as long as you use a different font and avoid the blue oval.

Ford owns, Mustang, Mach 1, Cobra, etc. I am not allowed to use any of those words.

liv2roc 01-31-2012 07:35 PM

is the vin number not copywrited.