2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Jim Hackett can't Hack it! (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=136977)

03BumbleBee 02-04-2020 07:41 PM

Jim Hackett can't Hack it!

Just looking through the Web. and came across an article about Ford's dismal 2019 Fiscal report. Looks like Ford lost 3.6 Billion, They listed several reasons, Pensions, warranty... the Focus transmission Fiasco and slower sales. Hackett has had two years to restructure and Ford is doing worse than before he started. Just wondering what you all think or even if you care. Thanks

Recon 02-04-2020 08:01 PM

Nope. I’ve lost interest in pretty much everything they offer but the mustang.

Pick your poison.

falcongtho3 02-04-2020 08:56 PM

Re: Jim Hackett can't Hack it!

And they're trying to botch the Mustang up as well.Hackett needs the hatchet.

:borg:

AlloyPony 02-05-2020 11:53 AM

I think Ford's problems began over 10 years ago actually. They had the #1 work van in the country which went by year after year largely unchanged, which meant large profit margins. So what did Ford do? They axed it. They had the #2 small pickup in the country despite only giving it occasional refreshment during it's 15+ year life cycle, which meant they were raking in profits on that also. And they axed it. :crazy:

Then they started trying to force-feed consumers these tiny, forced induction, direct injection engines that have TSB and recall lists miles long, while the market CLEARLY wanted larger displacement, more reliable powertrains. So, GM and especially FCA capitalized big on the opportunity and stole truck and car consumers from Ford.

More recently, they've destroyed two legendary nameplates on an ugly, plastic, golf cart that they're trying to pass off as a fast, fun, practical car. And apparently they're going to destroy another hallowed nameplate by building a SUV to compete with the Jeep Wrangler, despite the fact that every other company who's tried that, including Toyota, ended up sending their offering to the grave yard.

I have no idea what's happened to the Ford Motor Company, but they seem completely and totally disconnected from the consumer and it's been this way for at least 12-15 years now.

03BumbleBee 02-05-2020 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlloyPony (Post 1635739)
I think Ford's problems began over 10 years ago actually. They had the #1 work van in the country which went by year after year largely unchanged, which meant large profit margins. So what did Ford do? They axed it. They had the #2 small pickup in the country despite only giving it occasional refreshment during it's 15+ year life cycle, which meant they were raking in profits on that also. And they axed it. :crazy:

Then they started trying to force-feed consumers these tiny, forced induction, direct injection engines that have TSB and recall lists miles long, while the market CLEARLY wanted larger displacement, more reliable powertrains. So, GM and especially FCA capitalized big on the opportunity and stole truck and car consumers from Ford.

More recently, they've destroyed two legendary nameplates on an ugly, plastic, golf cart that they're trying to pass off as a fast, fun, practical car. And apparently they're going to destroy another hallowed nameplate by building a SUV to compete with the Jeep Wrangler, despite the fact that every other company who's tried that, including Toyota, ended up sending their offering to the grave yard.

I have no idea what's happened to the Ford Motor Company, but they seem completely and totally disconnected from the consumer and it's been this way for at least 12-15 years now.

The Fusion sold fairly well, has a good reputation. But no, lets kill that off too because we are not building cars anymore!:SMASH:

CandMBennett 02-05-2020 07:15 PM

This is what happens when you put number crunchers in charge instead of people with an automotive passion. Sorry ford but no matter how much you spend trying to convince people in advertising of how great your dumb butt ideas are they will fail. Until they finally get it threw there heads to start listening to those of us that support the company by buying there product its going to be a sad future for them.

falcongtho3 02-05-2020 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlloyPony (Post 1635739)

You make a great point in the SUV world. My first thought when I saw the new Bronco was, wow! an FJ Cruiser replica and a badly done one at that!
We all know what Bronco was and should be, this ain't it.

03BumbleBee 02-06-2020 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1635745)
You make a great point in the SUV world. My first thought when I saw the new Bronco was, wow! an FJ Cruiser replica and a badly done one at that!
We all know what Bronco was and should be, this ain't it.

That on top of diluting the Mustang Nameplate, I.E. Mach-E. And yes the new GT 500 is awesome , but that is such a niche car. Ford is making the Mustang to sophisticated and priced it out of most peoples affordability. Once you paint yourself into that corner, their is no place to go!

b3warnick 02-11-2020 08:53 PM

Quote:

I think Ford's problems began over 10 years ago actually. They had the #1 work van in the country which went by year after year largely unchanged, which meant large profit margins. So what did Ford do? They axed it. They had the #2 small pickup in the country despite only giving it occasional refreshment during it's 15+ year life cycle, which meant they were raking in profits on that also. And they axed it.
I never understood why they axed the Crown Vic. Police cars, taxis, etc. D*** near indestructible, fast enough, and big enough for radios, computers, etc.

03mach69mach 02-12-2020 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b3warnick (Post 1635762)
I never understood why they axed the Crown Vic. Police cars, taxis, etc. D*** near indestructible, fast enough, and big enough for radios, computers, etc.

Yes, yes, YES! I have added a 2003 Town Car to my collection and realize that it (Panther Platform vehicles) may be the finest mass production automobile ever produced.

HAEG 02-13-2020 08:31 AM

A friend works at a dealership in Ohio. They sold a new GT500 the sticker with options was $105,000 the buyer also paid the $25,000 up charge... This is why Ford will out price the car from people like myself. $130,000 buys a house.. My first house was $70,000 25 years ago. The positive is maybe some people who own the 2013/2014 models will upgrade and some of those cars may be at an obtainable price. Not sure I'd ever buy brand new again.. Its a money thing for me... Do like the look of the car though.

03BumbleBee 02-13-2020 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAEG (Post 1635764)
A friend works at a dealership in Ohio. They sold a new GT500 the sticker with options was $105,000 the buyer also paid the $25,000 up charge... This is why Ford will out price the car from people like myself. $130,000 buys a house.. My first house was $70,000 25 years ago. The positive is maybe some people who own the 2013/2014 models will upgrade and some of those cars may be at an obtainable price. Not sure I'd ever buy brand new again.. Its a money thing for me... Do like the look of the car though.

Right there with you! When it gets in that price range, you need to be a cash buyer. Can't imagine the payments ,gas and insurance per month. It is funny but I love the 2013-14 Mustang, and a Grabber Blue with black stripes GT 500 would be off the hook!