2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   They actually managed to make it even uglier!!! (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=136416)

falcongtho3 04-09-2018 10:01 PM

They actually managed to make it even uglier!!!

General Motors has actually managed to make the Catfish even uglier than it already was. Couldn't believe it was possible, and had to make sure it wasn't still April 1!!!!
http://autoweek.com/article/car-news...n=awdailydrive

:borg:

SouthKak_Mach1 04-09-2018 10:26 PM

Re: They actually managed to make it even uglier!!!

Yeah, I'm definitely not feeling the look of the new '19 Camaro. At least they didn't change the look of the ZL1. GM will probably give the Camaro a nice little power bump to one up the Mustang (475 HP?). I also see the Ford/GM co-developed 10 speed auto finally made it way into the '19 Camaro.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/chevr...t-look-review/

AlloyPony 04-10-2018 07:51 AM

I'll get hate mail for this, but I like it. I liked what they did with last year's model and the 2019 is really good looking. It's FAR better than the model from 5 years ago. The 2019 looks very Camaro, while incorporating a little bit of retro Corvette styling in the rear. Very sharp car.

And, with the 10-speed on regular SS models now, these will surely be high-11 second cars right off the showroom floor. The outgoing models were already doing low 12s.

sutyak 04-10-2018 07:57 AM

I think the past few years the Camaro has looked amazing. So much I'd consider buying one if it had any driver visibility. Everyone I know that has actually owned one said you might as well be driving a box truck. I don't care for the fully divided front fascia of the '19.

HAEG 04-10-2018 07:58 AM

Just not a big fan of the new era Camaro's. I owned a 69 Camaro, the 2010 looked nothing like the original, adding the gills to sides and a pointed nose just didn't do it for me. Especially after the Mustang looked pretty close to the original and the Dodge Charger to me is a spot on remake.
When I purchased the Mach1 back in 2003 it was so much better looking then the outgoing Catfish Camaro model. I was a Chevy guy until I bought the Mach1. Love seeing the factory horsepower wars right now... We are the winners!!

RLWPA 04-10-2018 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sutyak (Post 1630642)
I think the past few years the Camaro has looked amazing. So much I'd consider buying one if it had any driver visibility. Everyone I know that has actually owned one said you might as well be driving a box truck. I don't care for the fully divided front fascia of the '19.

I agree on the box truck opinion; took trips in a few of them while driving for a dealer, hard to see anywhere but forward.
They do look good, but visibility is bad.

DSG2003Mach1 04-10-2018 11:16 AM

I have no desire to own one but I feel like the new Camaro is actually a step in the right direction for it

Thunderbolt 04-10-2018 11:41 AM

Looks better than previous year Camaro's, but I'd still never want to own one.

TKat13 04-10-2018 12:45 PM

wow; that thing is terrible; looks like it is smiling at you. It just looks completely out of place and the rear tail lights are equally terrible. not sure how this passed the 'look' test. :notsure:

ab_mach1 04-10-2018 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlloyPony (Post 1630641)
I'll get hate mail for this, but I like it. I liked what they did with last year's model and the 2019 is really good looking. It's FAR better than the model from 5 years ago. The 2019 looks very Camaro, while incorporating a little bit of retro Corvette styling in the rear. Very sharp car.

And, with the 10-speed on regular SS models now, these will surely be high-11 second cars right off the showroom floor. The outgoing models were already doing low 12s.

I like it too. I was beginning to think I was the only one lol. I'm not sure I like the rear tails yet, but I'm giving it time.

I've liked both Mustangs and Camaro's up until the 93 body change. I thought they ugly. The return models looked okay, and got way better with the 6th gen. This little refresh looks pretty good to me. I think the Mustang looks better, but not a ton better, like I previously thought.

Mike03Mach 04-10-2018 01:49 PM

Looks like hot garbage!

73mach03 04-11-2018 02:44 PM

Even if it looked good, the driver visibility out of it would be a dealbreaker.

AlloyPony 04-12-2018 07:44 AM

Honestly, NONE of the three current cars (Camar-slo, Mustang, Challenger) have anywhere near the visibility that our cars have. The SN95/New Edge cars are really easy to see out of.